Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just get tired of hearing that "LT is an old tired runningback, Chargers need to move on crap" Even if LT is not putting up those elite numbers hes still more effective then most backs in the league.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ooooo....a personal attack. Maybe not...oh well.

I'm pretty sure his QB played last year with a shredded knee.....say all you want about QB being different but thats an injury that makes it so some people can't even walk, much less play football.

And get this, he stayed in uniform. What was that about? If he was in that much pain he would have been in street clothes on the bench, not in uniform standing around or riding a stationary bike. If Sproles had went down or become ineffective, would LT have gone back in? Thats not injured then...thats being a pansie.

And I already backed off a little. Way to read my first post but not my 2nd or 3rd....
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I've played soccer with a pulled groin with no painkillers, hurt like anything, but you do what you gotta do, I'm with BB on this one.
Torn groin though?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apologies, I misread and didn't see it was torn, but I think you don't suit him up if he can't go, simple as.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I just get tired of hearing that "LT is an old tired runningback, Chargers need to move on crap" Even if LT is not putting up those elite numbers hes still more effective then most backs in the league.
Ha, yeah he went from #1 to Top 10. God they need to replace him.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've played soccer with a pulled groin with no painkillers, hurt like anything, but you do what you gotta do, I'm with BB on this one.
Do you realize that he completely detached a muscle or something that connects that shouldn't be detached, in his groin? There is NO way in hell anyone can play through that, in football of all games, without significant repercussions. The Chargers are lucky they got him for a few plays, and even luckier he didn't make it worse.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright, I'll take it from a Chargers fan and shut up about LT.

By I still stand by my point that if my team's franchise player missed an important post season game 2 years running with minor nagging injuries, I'd be more than a little pissed off. Something like a blown out knee or something, yeah, that just sucks. But sprains and pulls? c'mon...be a man, shoot it up with painkillers, and go earn your money.
It wasn't just a groin pull. He tore a groin muscle, which meant that not only couldn't he cut, but it was agony to run. They spent the entire halftime and more trying to med him up but he was still in pain. You gotta give him props though. He avg 5 yards a run and got a TD run while being in that much pain from that type of injury.

Last years situation was also the same. It was an MCL strain I believe, which meant that he could have ruptured it if he had continued playing, and not only ended his career but could have been hobbled for the rest of his life. The body can only take so much. And having that much pain is meant to tell a player about that.

Also, two other important thing. LT was instrumental for helping to lift us up from the 4-8 start that we had, just like he was last year when we were 5-5. I suppose every time he actually speaks up to motivate this team, it comes at a price later down the line

The last thing is that you might think what LT did was cowardly. But I think it was really selfless. He put his team ahead of his pride. Michael Turner and Darren Sproles were both more effective than LT and allowed SD a better chance to win than with an injured LT. And don't compare Rivers' situation with LT's. Volek was no where near the QB equivalent of Michael Turner last year. And QBs don't have to make cuts like running backs do.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Do you realize that he completely detached a muscle or something that connects that shouldn't be detached, in his groin? There is NO way in hell anyone can play through that, in football of all games, without significant repercussions. The Chargers are lucky they got him for a few plays, and even luckier he didn't make it worse.
Read above, I apologised for misreading.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read above, I apologised for misreading.
And i will apologize for not completely reading the thread, lol.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if LT was 25 and played like a stud right up until this point, I wouldn't be at all pissed at him. Unfortunate, yes, but everyones going to get hurt.

But thats not the case, like I said, he's on the wrong side of 30 coming off of career lows and just missed essentially his 2nd straight postseason game with a nagging type injury. Not to mention he's rather highly paid...Maybe you give him another year but much more of this and he won't be worth his contract.

I really liked Sproles though. I have been liking Sproles for much of this season. I'd be going to great lengths to ensure he's locked up for a few years. Great compliment to LT if he ever gets healthy and I think he proved that he can go out and be an every down back if called upon.

If the Chargers don't lock him up I think he could be a great FA steal this year. His size will turn some teams off and drive down his price, but he could be a stud in the right situation.
I don't think Sproles can last an entire 16 game season. What I think will happen is that LT will restructure his contract (like Manning and Brady restructured theirs lol) to give us more cap room this year to re-sign Sproles as well as Rivers and Merriman. We going to need at least two backs and a better oline next year if we're going to continue to compete.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
To the poster suggesting Scifres has the best day a punter has ever had. I'd put Tood Sauerbrun in the Super Bowl for the Panthers well above yesterday's performance. For most of that game he was the MVP consistently bailing the Panthers out and punting out of his own end zone.

Too bad hes an ass hole...
Yeah that was a good performance, but ultimately they did lose. Scifres consistently killed the Colts, I don't know if you can say a punter has ever shut down an offense before.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I don't think Sproles can last an entire 16 game season. What I think will happen is that LT will restructure his contract (like Manning and Brady restructured theirs lol) to give us more cap room this year to re-sign Sproles as well as Rivers and Merriman. We going to need at least two backs and a better oline next year if we're going to continue to compete.
Which in the end, i believe is what he'll do. I don't think he wants to leave anywhere else at this point in his career. If he goes to another team, it's likely he will bounce around after that. Re-structure your deal, stay with your team, and help them all you can, until you can. They should not get rid of him, because like it's been mentioned before, there's no way in hell Darren Sproles lasts a complete season as a #1 back.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
There is a reason why he [Sproles] was seldom used coming out of college and took a long time to see any significant touches.
Ya, it's because he's small, you are an imbecile if you think Sproles can't be an every down back.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Ya, it's because he's small, you are an imbecile if you think Sproles can't be an every down back.
Just like MBIII's running style is detrimental to his longevity...

Lets see if Sproles lasts longer than 2 full seasons as a starter. LT was an elite back for what 7 full seasons in a row? Sproles is NOT a work horse and if you want to argue that he will ever be one in the NFL for more than a year or two you can go argue with that wall over there because its not worth my time.

I'm sure Garrett Wolfe is completely capable of carrying the load as well
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sproles took a fair few hits against the Colts. Didn't seem that great at avoiding contact and ran very hard. Not sure if he always runs like this as I haven't see a lot of him, but I can't picture him with 260-300 carries a season if he does.

But I think that's a concern for a lot of backs emerging from behind a starter, not just small ones. I don't think it's unfair to suggest he'll have to prove it first before most believe it as most RB's in the NFL (i.e. those not already getting this type of workload) probably can't handle that load year after year.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote