Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Norm Chow will be fine as long as he is your QB's coach and nothing else. he did an awful job as tennessees OC he called such predictable and unimaginable plays. trust me you dont want him
What the hell did the Titans have on offense to be imaginative with?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Position coaches don't usually make that jump directly to HC without at least being a proven coordinator first.
I would agree with that but certainly this year makes that seem like a moot point if the guy is qualified. Which Russ Grimm seems to be.

I'd like to see Grimm get a job somewhere, he certainly seems deserving.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some coaches just don't have the capacity to be HC's. Just because you are a solid coach doesn't mean you can manage a team. Grimm has had ample opportunities to get a HCing job but has been found wanting by solid franchises. He just might be nothing more than as very solid line coach and that is where his career is.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Position coaches don't usually make that jump directly to HC without at least being a proven coordinator first.
That's why I was pissed off when the Skins made Zorn OC then Headcoach in 1 week. If we were going to promote a coordinator to headcoach I'd rather have Grimm back as a hog or someone like Mike Singletary as they fit the personnel on this team. A physical defense and run game, an o-line built for running, with a play action pass game as the most effective, not a WCO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
What the hell did the Titans have on offense to be imaginative with?
we have the ability to run an effective wildcat, we have a running back who could easily be utalised whilst lendale white is in the backfield as a slot guy. we dont use the weapons we have very well
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe it's just a simple oversight. That or his name is being overshadowed by all the big names flying around being fired etc. Personally i could imagine that the broncos and the lions have looked at him. He would be ideal for the Lions he is a hard nosed guy, amazing Oline insight (What the lions need).
Personally for me though i dont see him as a head coach, not yet any way, maybe move him up the ranks to an OC but the man has been an Oline coach since he was a tight ends coach in the mid 90's. Some teams who are in dire need of a turnaround may not be willing to take a chance on a decade long Oline coach over people who have experience as OC's DC's and HC's. I would love to see him get what he deserves, hes been one of the most unsung coaches of the past decade.
He'd be perfect for the Lions, which is why we won't look at hiring him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
He'd be perfect for the Lions, which is why we won't look at hiring him.
you will probably bring in romeo crennell...too do for you what he did with the...wait no
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would never take a job as HC without being a coordinator first. Just because if I get fired, I drop down 2 levels due to NO OC experience. Even one or 2 years at any level makes a difference.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
That's why I was pissed off when the Skins made Zorn OC then Headcoach in 1 week. If we were going to promote a coordinator to headcoach I'd rather have Grimm back as a hog or someone like Mike Singletary as they fit the personnel on this team. A physical defense and run game, an o-line built for running, with a play action pass game as the most effective, not a WCO.
Grimm would have been Gibbs 3.0

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but I don't see us winning a superbowl under that type of old Gibbs power running game with any of our current linemen.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
The Cards are still in the playoffs.

I bet if/when they lose, he'll be getting more talk.
eh. I doubt that's it. Giants are in the playoffs yet Spags has 4 interviews over the span of 2 or 3 days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
eh. I doubt that's it. Giants are in the playoffs yet Spags has 4 interviews over the span of 2 or 3 days...
We have the bye that lets teams talk to our coaches. Arizona doesn't so even if teams wanted to talk to Grimm they couldn't until Arizona was eliminated.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we have the ability to run an effective wildcat, we have a running back who could easily be utalised whilst lendale white is in the backfield as a slot guy. we dont use the weapons we have very well
Nobody ran the wildcat in the NFL until this year. So you're hating on Chow because he didn't run the wildcat? He runs a flex-WCO and by drafting Young, you handicapped him right off the bat. Remember, Fischer and Chow wanted Leinart over VY. The story has yet to be told on Leinart, but I'd say ownership muffed on that decision. You had no weapons on offense last year. VY is not a passing QB and the WRs he had sucked anyways. LenDale alone wouldn't have gotten you the same success you had this year. Chris Johnson and Kerry Collins are a large part of that success.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
We have the bye that lets teams talk to our coaches. Arizona doesn't so even if teams wanted to talk to Grimm they couldn't until Arizona was eliminated.
Thats the same thing that happened to him with Pittsburgh in 2005. Detroit wanted him something Awful (Atleast Millen did). Grimm was pretty set on taking the job, then they Hired Marinelli before the Superbowl was over. Because they wanted a coach to come in and take over the team and start working on it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I know he's interviewing with the Jets
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
I know he's interviewing with the Jets
Who isn't?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'd rather have a guy no one has heard of or Jim Fossel. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Russ Grimm was almost the Lions coach before Millen decided to with for Marinelli. Not that Grimm would have made any significant difference but Grimm would have given the Lions a better run game.

Last edited by Brooder : 01-06-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he let Lawrence Taylor destroy Theismann's knee.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Who isn't?
Ryan Leaf......
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
For some reason O-Line coaches get stereotyped as to not being good head coaches apparentley is the reason Grimm hasn't been getting serious consideration.
The NFL also follows trends big time, and Tony Sparano's ascension will probably result in Grimm getting a job somewhere. If not this year, then in the next couple years. How could you not want Russ Grimm as your head coach? I guarantee you'd have a team of manly men after 1 season.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I understand, I think Grimm is the type of guy that you like or you dislike. He's a very good football guy, a guy who I think will make a fine head coach someday. I don't think he's a guy that needs to go the OC route - in fact, I'm not sure how good an OC he would be. I think part of the problem this cycle is that Grimm may remind some folks of Rod Marinelli. I think Grimm would be more like Singletary, to be honest.

That said, there's still openings, so let's wait and see, although it seems likely he'll be back in Arizona come 2009.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Tony Sparano and Tom Cable say hi.
Did you really just say that?
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote