Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Yeah. I love Brandon Harris but he ain't Antoine Winfield out there. DVD regressed exponentially. This is why I think Prince Kent could get a look at corner. Not full time, but some looks.
Don't forget Bruce Johnson who likes to stick his head in but rarely makes contact.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take this for what it's worth, but probably the best insider from CaneSport e-mailed me and told me Randy likes Major Applewhite a lot but he's not the first choice.. doesn't know who that is, but you'd have to think either Koetter or Chudzinski is it.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Take this for what it's worth, but probably the best insider from CaneSport e-mailed me and told me Randy likes Major Applewhite a lot but he's not the first choice.. doesn't know who that is, but you'd have to think either Koetter or Chudzinski is it.
with Koetter though (i live here in Jax) is that Del Rio isn't going to let him go but it's early in the Jags off season so who knows. I think Koetter is a good OC and is more suited for the college game than the NFL
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Personally I'll pass on Applewhite; I see a younger version of Patrick Nix when I look at his resume. I'm sure he will be a good coach in due time, but the dude is 29 years old and I just can't fathom how he could possibly be ready for the OC job at a major school. Saban obviously thought the same thing, I read an article today about how the offense Bama ran last year was a combo of Saban, their OL coach and Applewhite's ideas. Yes he was good his one season at Rice, but I'd still like to see a little more with such an important hire that IMO will decide Randy Shannon's fate.

Give me an NFL guy.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Don't forget Bruce Johnson who likes to stick his head in but rarely makes contact.
Johnson is a senior.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally I would really like the addition of Applewhite. He's a young guy with some imagination who would give us some hope with the play-calling unlike Mr. Screen Pass.

It wouldn't be a bad move on the recruiting front either, he seems to be very good in that area as well from what I've heard and seen.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
Let me ask you guys a question: on offense who has the most pro potential regardless of what class they are in?
I'd say Allen Bailey, and it's not even close IMO.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Johnson is a senior.
I know that. I was talking about last year. Armour is a Senior too...

Quote:
I'd say Allen Bailey, and it's not even close IMO.
lol...here's my chance. Allen Bailey plays defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami lifts some of Marve's transfer restrictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3806816

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not a fan of that ncaa rule. no payment= no control over my future. if they paid him under the table then maybe i'd be alright with limiting his schools.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I know that. I was talking about last year. Armour is a Senior too...

lol...here's my chance. Allen Bailey plays defense.
Haha, touche!

My bad! :)

Old 01-03-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone is interested in Miami's future schedules.. here's a link.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=903&CID=168494
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Thanks. I'll check that out later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-05-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Big night at the UA game for Miami...

Ray Ray Armstrong is an absolute stud and he's the 2nd best player in the class other than Bryce Brown. In almost any other class, he's the prized gem. This kid could easily be a 5-star.. he's that good.

Projects to be one hell of a linebacker at the next level. Once he puts on 20-30 pounds he is going to be scary good. He'll also probably be able to put his hand down and rush the passer on 3rd down.

As far as Dye goes, well, he's a machine as he said. Should be another good one. Reminds me a lot of Ojomo actually.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dye is going to be alot better then Ojomo.

I was really impressive last nite. He was the biggest player on that defense. He's huge. Has room to add weight too. He was super quick and already has a good bull rush. Add some bulk and technique to him and he's a monster for us. Should have a huge impact and he's been playing DE for years so he won't have those containment issues that we had with 1st time DEs like Robinson, Bailey, Adkins, etc. had last year.

Nothing else to be said about Ray Ray. You all saw him play. I had my questions about him on D and thought he'd be a TE for us but he's a LB all the way for us. He's a cross between Cookie and Spence in my eyes.

Jermaine Johnson should be listed as a 4 star pretty soon. Rivals docked him a bit for not playing in a year.

It ain't over for Debose.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I don't see how Ray Ray is an overlooked 4*. He's one of the most ridiculous athletes ever and just won a state championship. These recruiting sites really piss me off sometimes....it's like the "scouts" never even played football before.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
CaneInEastTexas
Rookie

CaneInEastTexas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CaneInEastTexas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone know what the contract status is of Ken Dorsey in Cleveland? I think it would be tremendously interesting to consider Chudzinski coming back as OC (probably very unlikely because of his "successful" move to the NFL) with Dorsey coming back as QB coach (much more likely given the whimper end to Cleveland's season). I would love to see Dorsey teaching Jacory to devour film and prepare the way he did. I would think that a Chudzinski/Dorsey addition as OC/QB coach would be a tremendous success.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneInEastTexas View Post
Does anyone know what the contract status is of Ken Dorsey in Cleveland? I think it would be tremendously interesting to consider Chudzinski coming back as OC (probably very unlikely because of his "successful" move to the NFL) with Dorsey coming back as QB coach (much more likely given the whimper end to Cleveland's season). I would love to see Dorsey teaching Jacory to devour film and prepare the way he did. I would think that a Chudzinski/Dorsey addition as OC/QB coach would be a tremendous success.
Why on earth would Dorsey do that?

He can ride the pine as a backup for another 5 years and then collect on the NFL pension.

He can get into coaching after that.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Dorsey will not be leaving the NFL until he's forced out. There's really no reason.

Chud is a no go.. Miami contacted him but apparently he's not interested (and why would he be?)
Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the lineup looking like for next season?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
What's the lineup looking like for next season?
QB : J. Harris
RB : Cooper, B. Brown, James
WR : Aldarius, Byrd, Streeter, Benjamin, Collier
TE : Epps, Zellner
LT : Fox
LG : Franklin
C : Gunn/Trump
RG : Figueroa
RT : Jermaine Johnson/Rutledge

DE : Bailey
DT : Forston
DT : Joseph/Regis
DE : Ojomo/Robinson
OLB : Spence
MLB : A. Brown
OLB : McCarthy
CB : B. Harris, Grant
CB : Van Dyke, McGee
S : Nicolas, Telemaque
S : Hill (Randy loves this kid for whatever reason), Holton

KR : Benjamin/Collier/B. Brown
PR : Benjamin/Collier/Cooper

K/P : Bosher

That's just off the top of my head, probably missing a few.

Last edited by djp : 01-06-2009 at 05:19 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OLB : Spence
MLB : A. Brown
WHEN YOU SEE IT
you'll **** bricks

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Zellner and Rutledge are Seniors.

Aren't Phillips and Moncur coming back on D?

Joseph is horrible and O hope we find better.

I think Franklin will move back out to RT with Washington (beast) starting at G as a Fr. Trump will probably get the nod at C.

Hankerson and Shields will get some balls at WR so you have to mention them. We'll continue to rotate. If we get Debose or Randle things will get complicated.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Ray Ray should be upgraded to a 5 star next time they update the Rankings. And he will be an All-American Safety for us. That much I know!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Ray Ray should be upgraded to a 5 star next time they update the Rankings. And he will be an All-American Safety for us. That much I know!
I agree. Well minus the fact that he will probably never play safety for us.

As for the depth chart. Here's my estimation of it:

QB: Jacory Harris, Taylor Cook
RB: Craig Cooper, Bryce Brown, Lee Chambers
FB: Patrick Hill
WR1: Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson
WR2: Travis Benjamin, Sam Shields, Tommy Streeter
Slot WR: Theron Collier, Davon Johnson, Kendal Thompkins
TE: Dedrick Epps, Richard Gordon, Billy Sanders
LT: Jason Fox, Matt Pipho
LG: Brandon Washington
C: Harland Gunn, AJ Trump
RG: Joel Figeroa, Chris Barney
RT: Orlando Franklin, Jermaine Johnson

DE: Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo, Andrew Smith
DT: Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis, Chaz Washington
DT: Marcus Forston, Joe Joseph, Jeremy Lewis
DE: Marcus Robinson, Steve Wesley, Gavin Hardin
OLB: Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanan
MLB: Darryl Sharpton, Antonio Harper
OLB: Colin McCarthy, Arthur Brown, Jordan Futch
CB: Chavez Grant, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Joe Wylie
CB: Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee
FS: Vaughn Telemaque, Ryan Hill,
SS: Randy Phillips, JoJo Nicolas, CJ Holton

K/P/KOS: Matt Bosher
PR: Travis Benjamin, Theron Collier
KR: Travis Benjamin, Theron Collier

I didn't forget JJ. Just not counting on him. Anything extra from him is bonus.

Grant and DVD will shuffle starts thru the season IMO. Sharpton starts out at MLB but gets bumped in favor of McCarthy as soon as King Arthur is deemed ready. He will not start game one however.

Looks like we are gonna be able to redshirt a good amount of freshmen this season which is a plus. The sooner we are able to redshirt guys and not throw them to the wolves, the better off we will be.