Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordyzzzzzzzzzz

that is all
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
Can anyone follow up on this? I was under the impression that McDonald was easily upgradeable, and that Malcolm Jennings was a very big possibility for Cleveland in the 1st..but if McDonald wasn't as bad as I thought, it's possible they look in a different direction..
McDonald was a second year corner who went through growing pains in his first year as a starter. He proved just as much potential as anyone on our team the past two years, he did have a few very bad games though. People who aren't familiar with the Browns' situation (like Scott) assume he's not starting quality. We have only 2 decent CBs on the roster and need another guy to be the 2nd starter or the nickelback, but we have much bigger fish to fry than a starting CB (like OLB, ILB, the right side of our OL, and a #2 WR, and even a new RB).
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
McDonald was a second year corner who went through growing pains in his first year as a starter. He proved just as much potential as anyone on our team the past two years, he did have a few very bad games though. People who aren't familiar with the Browns' situation (like Scott) assume he's not starting quality. We have only 2 decent CBs on the roster and need another guy to be the 2nd starter or the nickelback, but we have much bigger fish to fry than a starting CB (like OLB, ILB, the right side of our OL, and a #2 WR, and even a new RB).
Why is ILB a need man? D'Qwell Jackson is a great up and coming player, Andra Davis is a solid vet, and you drafted Beau Bell last year. I can think of bigger problem areas on your team ;/
Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis has played his last game in Cleveland, he was the embodiment of a linebacking corps consisting of players good enough to be on a team, but not good enough to be starting. Jackson is our RILB, that's cemented in. Watching the Browns the past 4 years we have had bad bad linebackers. Leon Williams has proven to be worse than Davis and a guy who provides depth and nothing more. Beau Bell has never played a down on defense and was hurt all last year after being injury prone in college, plus Crennel didn't want to draft him b/c he said he wasn't a good fit for his defense, and Mangini runs the same defense. Therefore we have a huge hole at LILB on a team who hasn't stopped the run since 1994. Many belive that ILB is the Browns' single greatest need. That's why on the OBR most everyone has Aaron Curry to Cleveland in their mock drafts. I expect us to sign Channing Crowder, Bart Scott, or one of the good ILBs on the free agent market this march for sure.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-07-2009 at 11:23 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Davis has played his last game in Cleveland, he was the embodiment of a linebacking corps consisting of players good enough to be on a team, but not good enough to be starting. Jackson is our RILB, that's cemented in. Watching the Browns the past 4 years we have had bad bad linebackers. Leon Williams has proven to be worse than Davis and a guy who provides depth and nothing more. Beau Bell has never played a down on defense and was hurt all last year after being injury prone in college, plus Crennel didn't want to draft him b/c he said he wasn't a good fit for his defense, and Mangini runs the same defense. Therefore we have a huge hole at LILB on a team who hasn't stopped the run since 1994. Many belive that ILB is the Browns' single greatest need. That's why on the OBR most everyone has Aaron Curry to Cleveland in their mock drafts. I expect us to sign Channing Crowder, Bart Scott, or one of the good ILBs on the free agent market this march for sure.

Yeah thats a good point, i wouldnt be suprised to see you go after either of them two players, although i think they are both better suited to play RILB. Im sure they would fit though. I'm keeping an eye on Jasper Brinkley, when healthy this dude is the perfect 3-4 LILB.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season review for Green Bay Packers:

What an odd season for the Green Bay Packers. They outscored their opponents. They had the 6th best turnover ratio in the NFL. They had a 4000 yard passer, a 1200 yard rusher and two 1000 yard receivers. The defense returned 7 turnovers for touchdowns and the Packers had 200 more defensive return yards than the #2 team off of 22 picks. What went wrong?

The first thing was an inability to close out games. 8 of 10 losses were decided in the final two minutes of the game. Even getting half those games would have put the team at 10-6 and likely the division winner. They didn’t though, and so seven coaches (5 defensive, 1 special teams and the weight room coordinator) were fired. Dems da breaks, kid. That throws up in doubt what is happening with the defense, as a 3-4 coach means around 6 DTs and 9 LBs, whereas a 4-3 coach reverses that. The five defensive coaches cut due to the defense not being able to hold a lead in the 4th quarter, not generating a pass rush and giving up long plays at the worst times.

Unlike a lot of losing teams, the Packers have a lot of young, promising talent. The key is young, as the Packers were the youngest team in the league for the third straight year. GM Ted Thompson has 9 draft picks as of right now (R3 from the Jets for Favre, R6 from the Saints for a trade last year) so he’ll probably trade down again a couple of times and end up with 12 picks. With such a young team, you’d think TT would trade up, but it goes against his drafting philosophy. The guy is addicted to having near a dozen draft picks. With all that roster competition, if players do not show great promise, they are getting turned over and dead weight doesn’t seem to be a problem on the team, with a few exceptions. I think Ted hits defense early and often then addresses offense with later rounds.

The Packers will also have $20 million or so in cap room, even after extensions on players are completed. The Packers only have three free agents (RT, back-up DE and back-up DT). If Ted felt there was a Woodson caliber player that he could make a grab for and not break the bank, he’s shown he’ll pull the trigger. More often he just lets those guys move on past, though. My wish list is for Terrell Suggs to be brought in along with Mike Nolan as the DC. Namdi would be fine, too. ;D

Roster Review

Pos. No. Name Ht Wt Age Exp. College Acquired

OFFENSE (The Good)

OFFENSIVE LINE: Average experience: 2.875 seasons. This has been a solid group over the past three years, though it slipped this year. The rushing game was #22 in the NFL. The unit gave up 34 sacks, 15 more than a year ago with Favre in the pocket and was healthy last year. The rushing attack also could not be relied on and not being able to get 3-1 and 4-1 with rushing cost two games directly. Given the injury to Mark Tausher and his being a free agent, there will be some serious competition for the RT spot. Clifton is approaching the age where TT pulls the trigger and ditches veterans with nagging injury problems. Given that he’ll bring in two to four OL with the draft, I don’t see him making it through training camp if he can’t show he can stay on the field. For the starting five, Wells is the leader, though he’s been dinged up this past year. Spitz is solid at OG and back-up C. Colledge is a serviceable LG, but I though he was very solid at RT when Moll showed to be a turnstile when Taush went out. Moll a career back-up and could be cut, even though he has a lot of starting experience. He just hasn’t improved since he started ten games as a rookie. Breno Giacomini is a player I’d love to see make strides and take over at RT. Prototype zone blocking tackle. Barbre a great athlete (he was the gunner on his colleges’ special teams) but it has not translated to the field. Sitton had a great TC but got hurt, then showed at the end of the year why coaches were so high on him. I think he’ll be starting at RG, with Spitz moving to LG and Colledge and Giacomini pushing for tackle positions, with Clifton holding the young guns off for one more season.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: TT a solid R4/R5 OL drafter. He’ll likely tap it again and possibly will hit again in R6 given the extra pick there. I wouldn’t mind given that other than Spitz and Sitton, the others have not been consistent.

G 78 Allen Barbre 6-4 305 24 2 Missouri Southern State D4-07
T 76 Chad Clifton 6-5 320 32 9 Tennessee D2-00
G/T 73 Daryn Colledge 6-4 308 26 3 Boise State D2a-06
T 68 Breno Giacomini 6-7 311 23 R Louisville D5-08
G 67 Nevin McCaskill 6-4 315 25 1 Hampton FA-08
T 75 Tony Moll 6-5 306 25 3 Nevada D5b-06
G 71 Josh Sitton 6-3 317 22 R Central Florida D4b-08
G/C 72 Jason Spitz 6-3 302 26 3 Louisville D3b-06
C 63 Scott Wells 6-2 303 28 5 Tennessee FA-04 (D7-04)

QUARTERBACK: Average Experience: 1.66 seasons. Less than two years experience on average for this crew. Not a comfortable thing. That is until you see the dregs playing in their 16th to 20th season and just slopping though games while Aaron Rodgers has a GREAT season, stat wise. Not so great, win wise. A-Rod rated the #6 QB rating-wise and he threw for 4k+, 28 passing TDs, had 4 rushing TDs (32 TDs and a record of 10-6 might have garnered some MVP votes!) while throwing 13 picks and losing 3 fumbles. 16 turnovers by the QB used to be done by Brett in half a season! That’s a 2-1 TD to TO ratio. ::BLISS:: Out of the top 10 QBs, only Rivers and Manning could say they had it better. He also played all 16 games and showed to be able to play at a high level when his shoulder was injured for a month and he couldn’t practice at all. All while dealing with the pressure of succeeding an icon of the game. Not too shabby.

The other two guys are young guns and we’ll see if they amount to anything. Brohm supposedly a great pro-prospect. Flynn Is the back-up with the better college accomplishments in that he won a national championship in his one season starting after JaMarcus Russell left (and couldn’t win a championship). I am pulling for Flynn and would like to see Brohm get his stuff together and become good enough to trade for a first or high second rounder like previous GB QBs.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: The back-ups now have a full year in this offensive system, so I’m not high on drafting a QB or bringing in a UDFA or journeyman vet. Ted-Don’t do it! I won’t be surprised by an R5-R7 QB as TT likes to have competition at the back-up spots.

QB 11 Brian Brohm 6-3 223 23 R Louisville D2b-08
QB 10 Matt Flynn 6-2 222 23 R Louisiana State D7a-08
QB 12 Aaron Rodgers 6-2 220 25 4 California D1-05

RUNNING BACK: Average Experience: 2.2 seasons. Ah, the class of 20007… So much potential, so much frustration. Ryan Grant had a 1200 yard season, but he seemed erratic after missing pre-season time with his contract issue and then getting nicked up. His per carry average was sub 4 ypc, tied for 37 in the NFL with Forte, Deuce and Edge. Of more annoyance was he only had 4 rushing TDs. He was not explosive like he was last year. After his large contract this past year, he’ll get a chance the upcoming year to show if he’s for real. Jackson has solid hands and is very effective on screen and he had 5.5 yards per carry. Wynn given a shot after being cut in TC for Kregg Lumpkin, who went out early on IR. Given Lumpkin and this crew, RB not a concern for me this upcoming season. Lumpkin and Wynn were #1 and #2 in YPC, though they only had nine carries for the year… ;D Health and a full participation in the off-season workouts will solve a lot of things, assuming the O-Line gets better… Kuhn could slide into the starting FB spot due to his larger frame and Hall’s injuries. Both are solid special teamers.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: Yet again, I’d just assume not see a running back drafted. With Lumpkin coming back and Wynn showing good stuff along with Jackson at the end, I see all the competition I need to see. However, when your GM insists on drafting a dozen guys, you just get used to almost every position being addressed. Maybe he picks up a scat back or a Sproles-type player as all the GB RBs are 220+. Maybe R5, give or take a round.

RB 25 Ryan Grant 6-1 226 26 2 Notre Dame T-07 (NYG)
FB 35 Korey Hall 6-0 243 25 2 Boise State D6a-07
RB 32 Brandon Jackson 5-10 220 23 2 Nebraska D2-07
FB 30 John Kuhn 6-0 259 26 3 Shippensburg W-07 (Pit)
RB 42 DeShawn Wynn 5-10 238 25 2 Florida D7a-07

TIGHT END: Average Experience: 3.33 seasons. Almost the greybeards on offense. Lee is a solid TE, but he is a #2 TE, not a #1. Finley might be a #1, probably not for another two years, though, as he came out as a red-shirt sophomore and is on the roster due to his God-given talent, not his hard-earned skills. Lee missed out on having back-to-back 40 catch seasons by 1 pass. He’s a solid blocker, but not a terror. He’s OK down the seem, but I’m not certain Rodgers ever developed the TE as a weapon, which could be because of the talent at WR. Finley could be great on corner fades in the red zone, but he needs to develop himself for that more. Great height, but he needs to bulk up a bit and get some muscle. Humphrey is a try-hard UDFA and this was his first season out of three he wasn’t on IR by game 1. Supposedly he has great hands. I don’t think he has great separation from defenders so who knows how his hands are when he can’t get open, neh?

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: This could be R1 as far as I’m concerned, if TT trades back to the mid-teens. I so wanted Olsen two years ago at #16 and TT went with that stump of wood Harrell. Last year I wanted Keller in an impure way, and he traded to the second round for Jordyzzz. Pettigrew would make me happy at #16 this year, though I’m quite impressed with Jared Bronson, maybe even in the third. TT doesn’t really care where other people think players should be taken as he follows his own divine board (Sitton last year and half the other players every year…). Is there a decent FA TE? I sure wish Ted had pulled the trigger and traded for Tony Gonzalez with a 2nd rounder this past season. I just wonder if the Packers would have been able to convert some of those late third downs and pulled out three victories in the last six games and won the division if he’d been on the team…

TE 88 Jermichael Finley 6-5 247 21 R Texas D3-08
TE 84 Tory Humphrey 6-2 255 25 3 Central Michigan FA-05
TE 86 Donald Lee 6-4 248 28 6 Mississippi State FA-05

WIDE RECEIVER: Average Experience: 3.8 seasons. The pride and joy of the team after Rodgers. Driver is a pro’s pro, with his fifth consecutive 1000 yard season. Given his 10 years, I hope he’s back and TT doesn’t cut him to make way for Jennings and the young ‘uns. Jennings went from star in the making to best play-maker on the offense. Jennings was top ten in the NFL in yardage, yards per game, yards per reception amongst receivers with 30+ catches, touchdowns, #11 in first down receptions and #1 in plays of 40+ yards. Greg likely to get a nice fat contract this upcoming year, though I am really hoping tight-fisted Ted doesn’t drag this out like he did with Grant. James Jones is a solid #3, though he’s getting knee surgery in the off-season. Ruvell Martin is one of my favorite players and it seems he is far under-utilized given his height and how he makes third down conversions whenever given the opportunity. Then there’s Jordyzzz. I don’t get the zzz, but I think it gives him magical powers of awesomeness. He’s a solid possession receiver as a rookie with solid route running, and hopefully he’ll be unleashed as the KR this up coming season.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: TT always brings in one or two WRs, but again, why? Keep DD as part of the GB alliterate crew and veteran mentor and WR coach in waiting. With the practice squad guys and usual UDFA guys TT brings in, draft picks here just likely to not make the club unless JJ’s knee surgery goes bad. Depending on his board’s value, he could bring in an R2 through R7 WR with plans of letting Driver go.

WR 80 Donald Driver 6-0 194 33 10 Alcorn State D7b-99
WR 85 Greg Jennings 5-11 198 25 3 Western Michigan D2b-06
WR 89 James Jones 6-1 218 24 2 San Jose State D3a-07
WR 82 Ruvell Martin 6-4 220 26 3 Saginaw Valley State FA-06
WR 87 Jordy Nelson 6-3 217 23 R Kansas State D2a-08

DEFENSE (The Bad)

DEFENSIVE LINE: Average Experience: 3.4 seasons. The source of all things woe in Green Bay. How one player can get hurt on a defensive line and the rest of the players go in the crapper is a mystery, but Cullen Jenkins seemed to have that effect. Only Aaron Kampman remained solid, with 9.5 sacks and again being a tackling force in the run game. He’s relentless, but watching the game son replay with my DVR showed that he got the bejeezus chipped out of him by every opposing TE and RB on the opposing team, along with just straight up O-Line double-teams. No one else on the line made the other teams pay, particularly in the 4th quarter. With the Jim Jones system, the D-line has to get pressure as the DBs are in man coverage and the LBs are waiting to stop the mid-range game and to plug runners. That did not happen. Johnny Jolly was solid at the end of last year, but he has been indicted on peddling codeine syrup (Really? JJ, you might have grown up on Tussin, but this is ridiculous for a millionaire to be involved in this. We’re talking the Packers, not the Bengals! Really!) and this seemed to detract his attention from the game. Corey Williams obviously SHOULD have been kept instead of drafting Harrell, or keeping Harrell, who would be considered a bust, except genius TT drafted Harrell with an injury anyways and he’s been injured ever since, the same as when he was in college. What’d Ted expect? Pickett is a serviceable run-stopper that has not been able to generate any pressure during passing downs, which is why Jenkins was so vital. CC and MM (alliteration is a contagious disease in GB) are both Free Agents that could be upgraded, but are hard workers and at least they try out there, even though they aren’t getting results. Cole actually has a very solid tackle per play ratio and if GB moves to the 3-4, would be an even better NY that he is a DT. Thompson showed flashes of playing solid, but not too much pass rush from him. He’d make a decent 3-4 end, along with AK and Jenkins. Hunter a solid special teamer, but he has stalled in his development and did not become the third down rush specialist he showed flashes of last year, again likely do to no interior pass rush and not facing the single-team he faced when Jenkins drew away his double-teamer… Malone and Toribo are just roster-fillers at this point. Harrell has been an injured sack o crap that could have been TE Greg Olson. Grrr…

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: Depending on the new DC, there could be four players cut and perhaps 2 more replaced with either a FA or draft pick. Terrell Suggs: Come to Green Bay! He’d transform the whole defense, doubly so if Jenkins comes back acceptably from his injury and mans the interior rush or lets Suggs be the 3-4 rush LB. Thinking of that, I think I wet myself. Anyways, conventional wisdom and mocks have Brian Osackpo going to GB at #9. That means it likely won’t happen as TT despises the conventional. Only with Hawk did he go with convention. I don’t mind convention on this occasion. DE is pretty solid this year, so maybe he waits until R2. Connor Barwin in R3 also makes my nips hard. TMI? C’est la vie.

DT 90 Colin Cole 6-1 330 28 4 Iowa FA-04
DT 91 Justin Harrell 6-4 320 24 2 Tennessee D1-07
DE 57 Jason Hunter 6-4 271 25 3 Appalachian State FA-06
DT 97 Johnny Jolly 6-3 320 25 3 Texas A&M D6a-06
DE 74 Aaron Kampman 6-4 265 29 7 Iowa D5a-02
DT 98 Alfred Malone 6-4 312 26 1 Troy FA-07
DE 96 Michael Montgomery 6-5 273 25 4 Texas A&M D6a-05
DT 79 Ryan Pickett 6-2 330 29 8 Ohio State UFA-06 (StL)
DE 99 Jeremy Thompson 6-4 270 23 R Wake Forest D4a-08
DT 69 Anthony Toribio 6-1 304 23 R Carson-Newman FA-08

LINEBACKER: Average Experience: 2.66 seasons. The MLB of near-pro bowl quality from 2007 went out on IR in game 9, with 5.5 tackles per game, no sacks, no picks, no FF and little impact. He still might have prevented some of those late-season Q4 losses. Hawk was solid, but he was not special. Given his production in college, he needs to be a little more than he was. I think he’d respond better in the middle as a 3-4 ILB, with Chillar and Poppinga (or Suggs…) as the OLB. Will Barnett be equal to what he was when he got hurt? That matters quite a bit for this upcoming draft. Bishop was hit or miss as his replacement (too many misses, mind you), Havner has potential and Lansanah interested management enough to cut KGB to prevent Miami from signing him off the practice squad. Chillar had the best year for the LBs, IMO. He turned out to be a nice acquisition and is very solid in coverage on the TE and RBs. He also showed some nice pass rush, though the now-fired DC Sanders barely blitzed. Look for that to change. Poppinga also would be a solid 3-4 rush LB, but he remains a liability in pass coverage. He has a great motor and attitude though.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: T-Sizzle: Come to Green Bay! There’s a few LBs that’d help the team transform to a 3-4. If there’s a change to be made, I wouldn’t be surprised to see up to three LBs taken in this draft. If the team stays 4-3, then just one LB, in R1 or R2. Rey Malaleuga or perhaps Aaron Curry on or near #9, Laurinaitis late teens or perhaps a Jamar Chaney in R3 or R4. I personally like Clay Matthews in R3. The Ted Thompson prototype pcik would be Lee Thompson from Alcorn State, in that he’s a small college player with solid production and not many people have ever heard of him…

LB 55 Desmond Bishop 6-2 238 24 2 California D6b-07
LB 54 Brandon Chillar 6-3 243 26 5 UCLA UFA-08 (StL)
LB 53 Spencer Havner 6-3 248 25 1 UCLA FA-08
LB 50 A.J. Hawk 6-1 248 25 3 Ohio State D1-06
LB 58 Danny Lansanah 6-1 248 23 R Connecticut FA-08
LB 51 Brady Poppinga 6-3 247 29 4 Brigham Young D4b-05

SECONDARY: Average Experience: 4.44 seasons. The only unit to average over four years of experience. Might mean Al Harris gets cut. I personally think that would be a bad mistake. He still thugs receivers around. His retention could be determined if the new DC goes to a non-man scheme, like a Tampa Two. Ickle. The good news is that Nick Collins and Charles Woodson both are going to the Pro Bowl and tied each other with seven picks. This unit also primarily responsible for the 7 defensive touchdowns and 22 picks overall with the lead league in interception return yardage. The bad news is that Al Harris looked old in a couple of games and gave up TDs that he hadn’t given up the last five years and he might now be more suited to be a #3 CB. The trouble is, I don’t think Tramon Williams is a #2 CB, nor is Will Blackmon. That leaves the injured rookie, Pat Lee, to take the job after coming off IR… Yeah. Thankfully the draft is coming… For the safeties, the secondary never jelled after Bigby was injured in pre-season. He wasn’t right. The secondary wasn’t fully right. Not sure how Bigby’ll come back from injury. Nick Collins had a phenomenal year at FS. Rouse hit more like a player built like Darren Sproles than a player that is 6-4 and 223#. His angles weren’t good and he didn’t seem to be around the ball like he was last year when he came in and created turnovers. He’s so athletic I hate to give up on him. Bush, Peprah and Porter are just roster spot holders and could be replaced in FA or the draft.

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: R1 a possibility with either a fallen Malcom Jenkins or a Taylor Mays. Mays next to Collins is an intimidating concept. Just about every round contains a DB in TT’s realm of consideration. TT specials: CJ Spillman from Marshall in R6, maybe Sherrod Martin of Troy in R3. It’d be wondrous is Asomugha were available, but TT could have made a play for Asante Samuel last year and he did not, so I don’t see a CB a likely FA choice.

CB 27 Will Blackmon 6-0 206 24 3 Boston College D4b-06
CB 24 Jarrett Bush 6-0 200 24 3 Utah State W-06 (Car)
S 36 Nick Collins 5-11 207 25 4 Bethune-Cookman D2a-05
CB 31 Al Harris 6-1 190 34 11 Texas A&M-Kingsville T-03 (Phil)
S 26 Charlie Peprah 5-11 203 25 3 Alabama W-06 (NYG)
CB 40 Joe Porter 5-10 203 23 1 Rutgers FA-07
S 37 Aaron Rouse 6-4 223 25 2 Virginia Tech D3b-07
CB 38 Tramon Williams 5-11 191 25 2 Louisiana Tech FA-06
CB 21 Charles Woodson 6-1 202 32 11 Michigan UFA-06 (Oak.)

SPECIAL TEAMS: Average Experience: 1.33 seasons. Yep, all that amazing experience was so clutch this year. Crosby is a solid kicker, but he cost the team the Bears game. 7-9 and beating the Bears twice would have been a much more palatable off-season… Crosby has a great leg on kick-offs and doesn’t seem bothered by the cold all that much. The starting LS got hurt pre-season. Goode was OK. I’m sure he’ll have to fight for his job in TC. Who’d have though Punter would be such a source of ire and consternation? Derek Frost was a POS. Not sure he was directly responsible for those early losses, but the really crummy field position sure didn’t help when the team struggled to 5-5, and there was no solid punting during the 1-5 season ending collapse. He replaced Jon Ryan, who had a solid year for another team, along with former GB punters Craig Hentrich and Josh Bidwell. Too bad Lechler or Scifres aren’t free agents!

FA and Draft Needs and Round Preferred: Crosby was an R6 in a year when TT had 3 R6s. That could happen again, so he might tap a punter in R6 or R7, because no one on the team right now is the answer. Maybe he goes and gets a free agent if one becomes available.

K 2 Mason Crosby 6-1 207 24 2 Colorado D6c-07
LS 61 Brett Goode 6-1 261 24 1 Arkansas FA-08
P 7 Jeremy Kapinos 6-1 230 24 1 Penn State FA-08

Injured Reserve: 44 games were missed by starters. Jenkins return is crucial, but who knows if he’ll be ready for OTAs in the off-season. He could be a huge part of the solution on the D-line as a rush containing DE opposite Kampman and an interior rusher like Justin Tuck (like, but not in the same class) on passing downs. Bigby and Lee both are likely to be ready by off-season work-outs, which is very good as Bigby the likely starting SS and Lee could be the starting #2 CB. Lumpkin will hopefully be over his bad hammy by off-season as he was the #3 RB in TC. Jansen might not play again, but you never know given modern surgery. Barnett hopefully ready by TC and able to man the middle or learn the ILB slot, whichever it works out as. Tausher a free agent and might not be ready by TC. Given his exemplary past, I could see him being signed to a one year deal and being placed on the PuP in case the line needs him at RT after game 6. Kenny Pettway was a pleasant surprise and could have been that 3rd down pass rusher had his knee not gone out. If it costs him his speed, he’s gone before he even started. Bodiford a decent returner, but he couldn’t crack the top 5 on receivers. Moore just a body.

Injury/Date On at end.
19 Shaun Bodiford WR 5-11 196 26 3 Portland State Back 07/28
20 Atari Bigby S 5-11 213 27 3 Central Florida Shoulder 12/18
22 Pat Lee CB 6-0 194 24 R Auburn Knee 12/05
28 Kregg Lumpkin RB 5-11 228 24 R Georgia Hamstring 10/11
44 Evan Moore TE 6-6 247 24 R Stanford Knee 08/19
46 J.J. Jansen LS 6-2 256 22 R Notre Dame Knee 08/31
56 Nick Barnett LB 6-2 236 27 6 Oregon State Knee 12/01
65 Mark Tauscher T 6-3 316 31 9 Wisconsin Knee 12/11
77 Cullen Jenkins DE 6-2 305 27 5 Central Michigan Chest 10/01
93 Kenny Pettway DE 6-3 248 26 3 Grambling State Knee 12/01

Reserve/Future: WR Swain likely the best chance to move up, and that’s if the team moves on from Driver. I liked C Carvalho in TC and hopefully he’s used his time to get stronger. Bledsoe could be a potential NT in the 3-4. The rest are just practice bodies it seems.

8 Durant Brooks P 6-0 204 23 R Georgia Tech
13 Jake Allen WR 6-4 196 23 R Mississippi College
16 Brett Swain WR 6-0 203 23 R San Diego State
18 Lorne Sam WR 6-3 220 24 R Texas-El Paso
41 Joshua Abrams CB 5-11 196 22 R Ohio
64 Brennen Carvalho C 6-1 300 22 R Portland State
95 Fred Bledsoe DT 6-3 329 22 R Arkansas

Last edited by johbur : 01-08-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Formatting off.
johbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:40 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
Can anyone follow up on this? I was under the impression that McDonald was easily upgradeable, and that Malcolm Jennings was a very big possibility for Cleveland in the 1st..but if McDonald wasn't as bad as I thought, it's possible they look in a different direction..
Here's a good article on the kid; http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9353

I like McDonald. I think at worst he's nickleback material. I liked how he worked to keep his starter spot and reviewed tape on the teams day off after that dismal performance against Denver. One thing about that Denver game though; when he was beat by Royal for the TD, Cleveland safety Sean Jones was suppose to be over the top and you could see McDonald motioning that he was suppose to and that he needed help. The play was doomed from the snap.

Obviously he had his ups and downs, but the more experience he gets, I think he can be a top 3 corner on this team.

I also would love to have Jenkins on the roster, but agree with Keylime, that there are some more pressing needs on this team, mostly at linebacker. McGinest is retiring, Davis is on his last stretch in Cleveland, Wimbley was a dumb draftee [why did we trade down and avoid Ngata] and can't generate any pressure. Peak is a situational pass rusher, Williams hasn't looked good, Bell was a controversial pick that Crennel didn't want and stated didn't fit, however Savage thought otherwise and wasted our third rounder [this year] to select him. Jackson is good though. =]

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver Broncos
QB - Jay Cutler looked amazing at times, and at other times made some stupid throws. He has Favre's gunslinger mentality in that sense, trying to force the throw too much. In a way though, sometimes that works out and he makes spectacular throws, like the 2 point conversion attempt to Eddie Royal to beat San Diego. Ramsey is horrible and a replacement is needed for him to backup Cutler.

RB - Tough to grade out a position where I saw 7 RB's get put on IR. Selvin Young is nothing special though, Michael Pittman IMO is finished now, Andre Hall will be gone. Peyton Hillis looked great, but I don't think he can be an everydown back. Ryan Torain seems to fragile to be an everydown back. A rookie that didn't play, Anthony Alridge, could be Denver's scat 3rd down back, a lot of people were high on him although I never was. This is a position that I wouldn't mind seeing a day 1 pick spent on, preferably the 2nd round.

WR - Boy, what a pick Eddie Royal turned out to be. He and Marshall team up to make a good duo. I think they may need to get another WR to eventually replace Stokley though. Darrell Jackson I thought would be better, but he did hardly anything. A mid round pick at WR wouldn't surprise me.

TE - Tony Scheffler can be an excellent TE, if he can just manage to stay healthy. Graham is an excellent blocker, but with his price tag, he may be gone. If Scheffler can stay healthy, this position doesn't need any help. If he can't, they need to pick someone up. So, most likely next season this will get clearer.

OL - The biggest improvement on the entire team, the play of the OL. Ryan Clady played like an All-Pro as a rookie, and Ryan Harris played amazing at RT. Kuper played excellent starting at RG. Weigmann turned out to be the best FA signing for the Broncos as he played very well. Ben Hamilton continues to frustrate me as he can easily get blown up at the line by DT's. I wouldn't mind seeing him get replaced. Depth is somewhat a concern, as Nalen probably is finished, and the only 2 backups worth anything are Kory Lichtensteiger and Tyler Polumbus, both rookies who still need to learn. I'd like to see OG/C addressed in the middle rounds, pick up someone to mold for a year or two. Otherwise, this line has 3 guys who are pretty much locked in as starters for awhile.

DL - This gets ugly. My only hope is John Engelberger finally get released. Jarvis Moss hasn't done anything special, but I'm giving him another year to show something. Marcus Thomas is decent and hopefully improves. No one else is worth mentioning. I hope Broncos sign Peppers, Haynesworth, or Suggs.

LB - Another ugly group. DJ Williams is decent at weakside, Wesley Woodyard actually performed the best of the LB's last year and I hope he starts next year. Webster, Winborn, everybody else is virtually garbage. I really, really want Spikes in Denver.

CB - Champ will be back healthy next year, and is still a good cover CB. Bly is solid. Some of the rookies played okay in Josh Bell, but nothing special. Probably a pick should be spent on this position.

S - I really, really want a safety drafted. What Broncos have now is beyond garbage. Barrett is okay, everybody else can go bye-bye. If no Spikes in the 1st, then Taylor Mays or maybe take somebody in the 2nd round. This HAS to be addressed though.

K/P - Prater, I think, will become a solid kicker. He had a rough year, but so did Jason Elam his first year. I'll give him another year to get over 80%, if he doesn't, then bye. Kern did decent, nothing noticeable for me though.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

were did Elvis Dumervil go?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
were did Elvis Dumervil go?
hopefully to the Lions.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol i meant what happened to that guy

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
lol i meant what happened to that guy
Well people learned about now people are scouting for him. might have lost some snaps to Jarvis Moss. He still had 5 sacks and a FF this season not great but I'd still take him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things Rams are good at: Running Back

Things the Rams need: Everything else.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reserved for redskins analysis...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Things Rams are good at: Running Back

Things the Rams need: Everything else.
What happened to Brian Leonard?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What happened to Brian Leonard?
He got hurt, but he will be back! No one fights like a Rutgers Scarlet Knight.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Well people learned about now people are scouting for him. might have lost some snaps to Jarvis Moss. He still had 5 sacks and a FF this season not great but I'd still take him.
We got an Elvis already. His name is Cliff Avril.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
We got an Elvis already. His name is Cliff Avril.
We cam't have 2? ;)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-08-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wrote a position by position analysis yesterday but by the time I was done, I had been signed out and lost everything. So...

Bolts are great. They have huge holes at SS, RG, RT, and need some D-line depth and possibly a new starting ILB. Rivers was God, but now Scifres is God instead. LT will be back.

Much shorter this time. Much.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta Falcons

OFFENSE

Quarterback
- Matt Ryan...need I say more?? Well I will. Ryan turned this team and franchise around. As a team who needed a QB more than any team in this league, it is a special thing to get the best one to come out in a long time. With the comaprisons to Manning and Brady, he obviously is a superstar on the rise. Had a few games where he played like a rookie but that happens. He led this team to the playoffs for the first time since 2004.
He will be here a long time.

Chris Redman is a solid backup. Got decent starting experience in 07 and played pretty well during his time.

DJ. Shockley. Local Georgia boy from UGA and hasnt played very much at all. Only seen him in the preseason and he looked fine.

QB will not be a need for a long time.

Running Back- Michael Turner. Absolutely great signing for us. Second in MVP voting this year and was prolly Ryan's best friend other than Roddy. Didn't have a good playoff game but not many Falcons did. Will be exciting next year to see them all w/ another offseason under their belt.

Jerious Norwood. Prolly the most exciting player we have. He is our playmaker and a great change of pace back. He is getting a little more notiriaty around the league and may be tough to sign at the end of the 2010 season, but if we can get him for the right price we will most definitly keep him around.

Jason Snelling. Solid backup to Turner and Norwood. Kinda a mixture of the two. Catches the ball well out of the backfield and is a solid special teams player. Runs the ball well when asked to.

Thomas Brown. Hurt all season w/ a ligament tear. Should add a little help for depth and possibly in the return game.

No need at RB this year.

Fullback- Ovie Mughelli. Great addition for us this year. Did a great job leading the way for Michael Turner and catching passes out of the backfield.

No Need.

Wide Recievers- Roddy White. Absolutely great year. Pro Bowl season and has become the player we need him to be in ATL. Matt Ryan's favorite target and is becoming a good leader.

Michael Jenkins. Finally broke put of his shell and had a very solid year as a #2 receiver. Rewarded with a 4 yr $20 mil contract extention. Should be even better next year.

Harry Douglas. 3rd rounder out of UL and provided a little spark on offense and in the return game. Had 1 punt return for a TD and several other good returns and filled a big need there. Should get a full season of it next year. Caught the ball very well on offense as a slot WR and even carried the ball several times on reverses.

Brian Finnerean. Hmm what to say about this guy. I guess you could say he is the biggest hot and cold guy on our team. One game he will be great catching all the clutch 3rd down conversions and another game he will completely **** up and piss you off. So Im not quite sure what to do w/ this guy. He should be able to keep very easily but he isnt a major asset so he could walk.

Others. Laurent Robinson did not play much at all and Im not sure what happened w/ him. He showed signs of being a solid # 2 but injuries kept him out the entire season and we managed fine w/o him.

OT- (LT)Sam Baker performed very well while he was healthy.(4 games) from then on he was not the same but I am not worried. He will a full offseason to work on technique and be a starter.

(RT) Clabo was our RT this season and did a great job. Not sure what is going to happen w/ him but I would love to resign him. He would be an even better RG if we decide to upgrade in FA at this position ala Vernon Carey.

Guards- (LG) Justin Blalock. Probably our best all around lineman and has been great for us. Run blocking is great and pass blocking is fine as well. Will be an anchor in our interior line for a long time.

(RG) Harvey Dahl. His name in ATL right now is sour due to his performance in the playoffs but for the most during the season he was a solid guard. Our best run blocker and just plays flat out nasty. Dahl as well as Clabo should re-sign for cheap.

Center- Todd McClure. Captain and a veteran leader on the team but his age is starting to show and we could definintly use an upgrade. Might have a year or 2 left in the tank. Solid year.

Overall I was very pleased w/ the O-line this year run blocking for Turner and Pass protecting for Ryan. Depth could be added and it wouldnt hurt to add another solid RG or RT to compete.

Tight End- Justin peele and Ben Hartstock were brought in this season and it was really a position by commitee. We honestly do not have a legit starting caliber TE. Peele is probably our most productive but is not a great blocker or outstanding pass catcher by any means.

Definintly can upgrade here.

DEFENSE-

DE- John Abraham was an absolute force this year and deserved a Pro Bowl bid. As our only real threat at rushing the passer he did an excellent job especially playing in a limited role.

Jamaal Anderson. Ughh. Another lackluster year for him. Ya I guess he improved based on last year but again that is not saying anything. I believe he will get 1 more shot this coming year and if he cannot prodice he will be gone.

Chauncey Davis- Great Backup and rotation guy. I like him more than JA98^^. Does a great job when he comes in and gets the job done. Not an every down guy but a great role player. Might be hard to keep b/c he might get a shot elsewhere.

Kroy Bierman. Decent pass rusher, terrible run defender. Played to what was expected of him though no complaints.

DT
- Grady Jackson has done well for us in ATL but its time to get him a replacement. Strictly a run stuffer and will prolly have 1 more season in ATl as a situation guy.

Jonathan Babineaux. Excellent UT guy for us and has played very well the past 2 seasons. Was extended for 5 yr $25 Million this season.

Moorehead as a backup has done fine as well as Jason Jefferson but they are only backups.

We definintly need another guy on this D-line to make an impact. Wheter it is thru the draft or FA it is a major need.

OLB- Keith f u c k i n g POS i dont know how to cover a sloth Brooking. Ive ordered a hit on Brooking for anyone interested. But seriously. This guy has to go. He was once great for us but his time here is well over.

Michael Boley. Big dissapointment this year following his 07 performance. He will only be resigned if he doesnt ask for a lot of money but I wouldnt be upset to see him go.

Stephen Nicholas. I really like this guy. Gives 100% effort on special teams and comes in and does a solid job. Wouldnt mind seeing this guy get a shot this year.

Coy Wire. Came on late after Boley was benched and played well at times. He also missed a lot of tackles in the playoff game. Also wouldnt mind seeing him get a shot to compete for a starting job.

Overall OLB is a hige need and will be addressed this offseason.

MLB- Curtis Lofton did a great job this year as a rookie. Didnt do anything incredible but played very solid maybe a lot of tackles and doing his job. Very happy w/ him.

CB- Chris Houston and Dominique Foxworth played pretty well for us this season. Did much better against the smaller recievers than the physical but overall did well (minus the Cards game).

Brent Grimes started the season but was replaced by Foxy. He is a good special teamer and would be fine in a nickel package but isnt a major asset.

Chevis Jackson. Very impressed with his play this year. Came in as our 3rd corner and did very well. tackles well and had several picks. Definintly a keeper.

CB isnt a major need but its possible we go after one in the offseason

FS
- Eric Coleman had a pretty good year and I cant complain too much about him b/c he didnt make many mistakes but also didnt have many great plays. Solid player overall. Could possibly move over to SS (his natural position) is we address FS.

SS- Lawyer Milloy. Veteran leader, but its his time. Might stick around for 1 more year but we definintly need a ballhawking safety.

DeCoud and Fudge are pretty good backups when needed and have shown a couple sign s that they can play.

S is another top need for the Falcons.

Special Teams-

K- Jason Elam was great. We are set here.
P- Michale Koenen was also great setting an NFL record for least amount of Punt return yards given up. keeper.

Overall the Falcons need to address the D-line. Most likely w/ a DT/NT. We also could use another pass rushing DE. OLB is just as important of a need. Safety is a big one as well as a TE and OL depth.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
We cam't have 2? ;)
I think if they both started our DEs would be vastly undersized and terrible against the run. Especially if we don't fix our DT problem. Plus Dumervil is going to want a ton of money because he does have some sack production in the past. We have White who is decent in pass rush(just needs more consistency especially in second half of the year) and better against the run than Elvis IMO. Elvis is the better pass rusher but will be too costly when we already have Avril and White.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote