Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It was Beckum's fault for not lining up in the right place. The tight end was supposed to go out for a pass and did. However Beckum was aligned on the line of scrimmage instead of off it so the tight end was ineligible.
Exactly. Beckum is just an idiot who didn't know he was supposed to line up off the line of scrimmage. Since he lines up on the line, he covers up the tight end and makes him an ineligible receiver. Stupid freaking penalties...
Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Exactly. Beckum is just an idiot who didn't know he was supposed to line up off the line of scrimmage. Since he lines up on the line, he covers up the tight end and makes him an ineligible receiver. Stupid freaking penalties...
That penalty should never happen. That is why you always check with the line judge. He will tell you if you are covering someone up. You are taught this in Pop Warner...
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That penalty should never happen. That is why you always check with the line judge. He will tell you if you are covering someone up. You are taught this in Pop Warner...
Checking with the ref wouldn't have done anything. It's not that he didn't know he was on the line, it's that he didn't know he wasn't supposed to be on the line.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After OSU's first opening drive I thought we were going to get raped. But damn our D played excellent after that kept us in it all night. An Evridge WTF was that last pass, you couldn't possibly throw it any better to Jenkins could you.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it looks like we're headed to the Alamo Bowl.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Evridge is horrible.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast Wisconsin has two studs at OLB...and another good rb coming into the picture. Once again....imagine what a wisconsin team with a good QB could do. Every year it seems to be the holding back factor.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
rumfinator
Rookie

rumfinator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Atleast Wisconsin has two studs at OLB...and another good rb coming into the picture. Once again....imagine what a wisconsin team with a good QB could do. Every year it seems to be the holding back factor.
I dont know...Tyler Donavon was not too bad last year. I would rather have Tyler Donavon for four years than Allen Evridge for one. This dude just cant get it going. I thought he was going to be decent after a decent freshman year at Kansas St....but he was really regressed or maybe I should say never progressed.
rumfinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many games do you need to win to be bowl eligible? Is it 6?? How many games do we have left?

Anyways that was pathetic but hopefully Penn State can represent the big ten well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Allen Evridge is horrible.
post is a week old but definitely still applies....
Old 10-12-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was the worst football game I've ever seen. Yes, Penn State is good, but we completely stopped playing. It was sickening. That was the first time I've ever left a game early.

As for Allan Evridge... ugh. I was a big supporter of him this year and even last year. What makes me mad is that he certainly has all of the physical skills. I still think if he could somehow get his head out of his ass he is a Chase Daniel type player. However, he has shown that he can't make quick decisions, throw accurately with any consistency, or secure the ball. All of that being said, he is still our best option at QB at least for this year. Regardless of what drunk fans in the stands are saying, he is still better than Sherer and we aren't going to play a true freshman (Curt Phillips).

With all of that being said, QB is not our only problem. Fans like to point the finger at Evridge, but he is not the lone reason for losing these last three games. First of all, a punt return for a touchdown is upsetting, but a punt return for a touchdown as easy as Penn State's is simply unacceptable. Granted our coverage has been decent the rest of the year, that play I think was the start of when the Badgers gave up yesterday.

The bigger problem, though, is our defense. While a lot of fans complain about our offense with everybody else running spread option stuff, I have no problem with our current offense because it has worked and continues to work. HOWEVER, we need to learn how to stop the spread and mobile QBs. The Ohio St game was the perfect example of what our defense is. When the Buckeyes ran traditional type plays such as dropback passes or conventional runs, we (for the most part) shut them down even though they are extremely talented. Once opposing offenses start moving the QB around though, Steven Freaking Threet runs all over us. It's a joke.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

So, Sherer will likely start on Saturday. Might as well start getting him ready as this season's lost already.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if we're lucky, Motor City Bowl here we come! Oh well, at least I won't have to wake up at 10 AM New Years Day with a hangover to watch the Badgers get beat by an SEC team.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

That's the only way they win today

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

I think I have a stronger arm than Sherer. Evridge is unfortunately our best option, by far.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I think I have a stronger arm than Sherer. Evridge is unfortunately our best option, by far.
Im not so sure... I think our best option is to not play so we dont get embarrassed :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Pj Hill officially has declared for the draft.. I honestly didn't think he would be much more than a late round draft pick if he had left after his senior season, but he must have heard something about his stock leaving after this year. Any thoughts???

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

I really think he only left because his playing time would have decreased next year. Clay is the far better back and he's starting to learn the offense (after only two short years...). PJ simply left because his stock would have dropped if he stayed.

That being said, you are right about his draft stock. He's no more than a second day pick and he might not even get drafted unless he can surprise me and run a 40 yard dash in under 4.70.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he could be a downhill runner with good vision like Reuben Droughns and maybe split time but he probably ends up bouncing around rosters and practice squads trying to make a team as a special teamer. Any chance a NFL team looks at him as a fullback?

Clay is gonna be really good he should be very successful for us. Jumping ahead he could end up going round 2-3.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely miffed as to how a guy like Lendale White can be drafted as high as he was and score as many TD's as he has. If a pudge-ball like White can do it, Pj Hill has to think he can do the same.

If he is a guy who bounces around teams, makes practice squads, squeaks onto a team and becomes a goal line back, etc.. That might not be a WOW to us as fans, but it's still more* than enough to make a living off of.

His stock won't get any higher, so he was right to leave now I think. He played well against a really tough FSU defense. Good luck to him.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Nimmy
Rookie

Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Badger fans couldn't be happier, or at least this one. PJ was honestly our worst back last year, and he kept a great third down specialist like Zach Brown off the field. With Clay pounding and Brown catching screens, we'll be much better next year. (EDIT: Plus Bradie Ewing isn't terrible, and we're bringing in a solid recruit in Montee Ball).

And now the real question: Sherer, Tolzien, Phillips, Stallons, or someone else? Personally I want to see what Curt Phillips can do, but Sherer was effective enough at the end of last year to make us comfortable enough to not have to start a freshman. I guess Phillips was about as good of a recruit as Tyler Donovan, and he needed 5 years to get on the field.

Last edited by Nimmy : 01-10-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Nimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Lehnord is starting for Baltimore in the playoffs today. That is so awesome, I didn't even know he was in the league. One of my all time favorite Badgers easily and I pretty much forgot about him.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Jim Lehnord is starting for Baltimore in the playoffs today. That is so awesome, I didn't even know he was in the league. One of my all time favorite Badgers easily and I pretty much forgot about him.
He had about 8 tackles and a sack last week in their first playoff game. I think he's stepping in for an injured player, but your right... It's awesome to see the litlle Jimmy Leonhard starting and playing well after being a walk on to UW.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
He had about 8 tackles and a sack last week in their first playoff game. I think he's stepping in for an injured player, but your right... It's awesome to see the litlle Jimmy Leonhard starting and playing well after being a walk on to UW.
He's stepping in for Dawan Landry

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Pj Hil arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and leading police on a chase.. Great job big butt. From 6th-7th round pick to hopefully landing on a practice squad for a few paychecks?