Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default First Round Byes Hurting Teams?

With the Eagles about to score a TD and most likely win the game, at least 3 teams that had byes would have lost. If the Steelers lose, then all teams that had byes would be gone. I really think having a bye week makes the team rusty while the team coming off the playoff win has momentum and the PLAYOFF FEEL already. I would like there to be 4 division champs and 4 wildcards. The Patriots deserved to be in this year and would have been in the system I just mentioned. Also you are not hurting the top 2 seeds, and get they get a chance to have a playoff game under their belt. Look at all the other major sports, no team gets a bye in the first round.
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly looks like it... I really hope the Steelers D crush the Chargers.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure if you ask ANY team in the league, they would prefer a two game road to the Superbowl over a three game road every single time.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how this hurts teams. It gives them time to fine tune things, and more importantly, rest.

I think the losses of the 1st round bye teams recently is more attributable to the competitiveness of the NFL each week.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooder View Post
With the Eagles about to score a TD and most likely win the game, at least 3 teams that had byes would have lost. If the Steelers lose, then all teams that had byes would be gone. I really think having a bye week makes the team rusty while the team coming off the playoff win has momentum and the PLAYOFF FEEL already. I would like there to be 4 division champs and 4 wildcards. The Patriots deserved to be in this year and would have been in the system I just mentioned. Also you are not hurting the top 2 seeds, and get they get a chance to have a playoff game under their belt. Look at all the other major sports, no team gets a bye in the first round.
In what way do the patriots deserve to be in it this year? You can't use the system you just created as an argument for why they should be there... the Lions deserve to be there if only the "every team makes it" playoff system was in effect. They lost get over it im so tired of hearing Patriot fans in general... when you guys beet everyteam last year during the regular season it was because you where the greatest team of all time but when you dont make it to the playoffs its cus you where cheated very valid points on all accounts.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I don't see how this hurts teams. It gives them time to fine tune things, and more importantly, rest.

I think the losses of the 1st round bye teams recently is more attributable to the competitiveness of the NFL each week.
I think it's more that when you look at the teams, more Wild Card teams were underrated due to the Playoff schedule.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
In what way do the patriots deserve to be in it this year? You can't use the system you just created as an argument for why they should be there... the Lions deserve to be there if only the "every team makes it" playoff system was in effect. They lost get over it im so tired of hearing Patriot fans in general... when you guys beet every team last year during the regular season it was because you where the greatest team of all time but when you dont make it to the playoffs its cus you where cheated very valid points on all accounts.
Actually I'm not a Pats fan, I was just using them as an example. Maybe I should put it this way. It doesn't hurt the teams with a bye themselves. It just makes the teams that in the first round EVEN HARDER TO BEAT because of the momentum they have. Isn't like the last 3 Super Bowls were won by non top 2 seeds?
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chances of winning 3 games on the road against playoff teams is so difficult. Playoff teams tend to do extremely well at home (Zona: 6-2, Atlanta: 7-1, Minny: 6-2, Carolina: 8-0), but I guess the week without playing is hurting them a lot.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i still think having a bye week is an advantage. The playoffs is alot of pressure and it comes down to chemistry and being able to pick yourself up after blown coverage or a missed tackle or a bad pass and to make big plays. If you don't have that in you you wont win playoff games. So i dont bye the bye week hurting anything
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may very well be hurting them, but I think the teams are much better off than having to play an extra week during the Wild Card.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have the figures excatly but I think that teams with a bye have won half the superbowls. If you consider that only 1/3 of teams have byes winning half is a lot better odds than teams without a bye.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have the bye. Teams like the Titans and the Giants to me had problems.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the giants didnt hav burress i think that was the difference. and the titans played as well as you could wish and they just fell short its not like all 3 teams go blown out. just the panthers
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
the giants didnt hav burress i think that was the difference. and the titans played as well as you could wish and they just fell short its not like all 3 teams go blown out. just the panthers
Oh yeah, losing Burress is a killer. Their is no one you have to respect, you can line up in the box against the run. In the redzone he really helps too. The WR core goes from pretty good to pretty bad. Their is no you have to respect.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can't go 0-4, can they? :(

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's still one less game to win, so I don't think you can say it's a disadvantage.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I buy that a team gets "rusty" from taking an extra week off. Maybe if you're an especially young team it might affect you to miss a week, but for the most part play off teams are full of veterans, not rookies.

Quote:
I don't have the figures excatly but I think that teams with a bye have won half the superbowls. If you consider that only 1/3 of teams have byes winning half is a lot better odds than teams without a bye.
That's an interesting stat (if true). I'd also be interested in knowing a seed break down of who won the past superbowls (for example, the 6th seed has won the superbowl x% of the time, meanwhile the 5th seed has won the superbowl y% of the time, etc. etc.).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't know if I buy that a team gets "rusty" from taking an extra week off. Maybe if you're an especially young team it might affect you to miss a week, but for the most part play off teams are full of veterans, not rookies.

That's an interesting stat (if true). I'd also be interested in knowing a seed break down of who won the past superbowls (for example, the 6th seed has won the superbowl x% of the time, meanwhile the 5th seed has won the superbowl y% of the time, etc. etc.).
Pittsburgh is the only team to win the Superbowl as the 6th seed. 1/43?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Pittsburgh is the only team to win the Superbowl as the 6th seed. 1/43?
1/86
AFC & NFC
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it really hurt the Panthers that much last night. Other than the fact that it might have given the coaches too much time to analyse what they wanted to do and prepare the team.

If you've got Williams and Stewart you use them, you don't come out throwing after you run all over the opposition for the first score of the game.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year is an exception. Over history, bye teams have won more. Perhaps because they were a good team to get the bye in the first place and even coming out rusty didn't stop them winning, but regardless the stats don't lie - bye teams usually win in the divisional round.

I'm not sure about the Giants and Panthers, but the Titans weren't rusty really - they moved the ball pretty well at times and played top D except for 2 plays, one of which was an odd outcome (the long pass where both DB's seemed to fall over in decent position). They matched the Ravens blow for blow, they just had some very unfortunate fumbles and lost their #1 offensive player (who was on fire) to a freak injury. The Titans had luck on their side most of the season, but it seemed to run out for the playoff game.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way a bye hurts a team, they're just making excuses for why they laid an egg if anything.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making excuses, or providing a reasoned answer.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like someone else said, I'm sure players and coaches alike would rather play two games to get to the Super Bowl...one definitely at home, instead of potentially three road games. I'd look at the factor of teams going into the playoffs on a hot streak or not. Even if you get a first round bye you could pretty much be limping to that point, like New York did winning one out of it's last four games if I'm not mistaken. Not surprising they lost to a Philadelphia team that has gone 6-1 since McNabb has been benched.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have your cause and effect mixed up.

It's not the bye week itself that's hurting these teams. Sports, especially football, is all about getting hot at the right time. The reason why the teams with byes have not been doing too well is because they peaked too early in the season. Every year we have teams that start the year off on an absolute tear, and then taper off towards the end. You never want to be playing your best football in the first half of the season.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote