Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Creans gonna get a lot of time to fix tht team.
He better, or Indiana may never get a coach cuz it would be rediculous if he didn't have a bunch of time.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois State fail. Loses to Indiana State. Pitiful really really pitiful. Can only get in FOR SURE by winning the conference tourney.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Indiana will be back eventually. Crean is bringing in the #7 recruiting class next year. Not to mention Indiana is much more high profile and gets a lot more pub when they are good than Marquette. I get why Crean left.
I think we all get that. It's just that the timing for it sucked. He was about to have 3 talented seniors and a good overall team and leaves for the **** in Indiana. Indiana is a much better job than Marquette, but I bet part of him wishes he could have been coaching those three in Milwaukee for a good Big East team than having the worst the worst team in the Big Ten.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I think we are in for something special tonight at Cameron, so if I was you I'd be watching.
Sweetness, your Duke hate is almost as blinding as the sun.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Sweetness, your Duke hate is almost as blinding as the sun.
What are you talking about? Prince said the same thing I did, why didn't you quote him?

I thought Stephen would have a huge game and would take you down to the wire. Never did I say you were going to lose, although I was hoping for it. Davidson is a one man show, playing on the road against a top 10 (yes, top 10 not top 5) team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Harry Potter will rape you in a dark alley when you least expect it...
Goooooo Kansas...top 15 team ZOMMGGGZZZZZ. ;)

Indiana lost pretty much 100% of its team from last year. White, Ellis, Bassett, Gordon, Thomas...They are like a JV team this year. Crean's a very good recruiter and a decent coach (don't think he's much to sneeze at with his X's and O's ability). IU will be a good team in a couple years but for now, I'm pretty sure I speak for most Illini fans that put up with the Gordon/Sampson fiasco, it's a pretty sweet sight to see them at rock bottom. It serves them right for hiring a cheater of a coach, embracing him, and then denying he did anything wrong to be fired/investigated.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Harris: 18 points, eight rebounds, five assists, four steals.

Win.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
What are you talking about? Prince said the same thing I did, why didn't you quote him?

I thought Stephen would have a huge game and would take you down to the wire. Never did I say you were going to lose, although I was hoping for it. Davidson is a one man show, playing on the road against a top 10 (yes, top 10 not top 5) team.
Because you hate Duke so much you wouldn't admit their greatness even if they were brought the 2000 team back with Kobe and Lebron on it. And that's ok.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Because you hate Duke so much you wouldn't admit their greatness even if they were brought the 2000 team back with Kobe and Lebron on it. And that's ok.
Duke's got a good squad this year, but until they get a legit inside presence, they won't make the FF.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Duke's got a good squad this year, but until they get a legit inside presence, they won't make the FF.
I'm not talking about this year only. Sweetness is the guy who will denounce them no matter how good they are. For the record, I don't think they're the second best team either, but they may go deep come tourney time. Defense could carry them.

they get smoked.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh no doubt, I hate Duke so I am biased. But watching them play, I agree with Sniper they still don't have a low post threat, which will hurt them. You live by the 3, you die by the 3. Look at the past National Champions (UCONN had Okefor, UNC had May, Florida had Horford, Kansas had Arthur, Kaun, and Jackson).

Duke has a good squad this year, I believe they are a threat to do some things come March, but I still don't believe they are a top 5 team right now. We'll see come ACC time though.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Varnado is a blocking machine. Seriously, UK is one of the best blocking teams in the nation... We've got 2 of the top 3 in the SEC in blocks but....

Varnado 86
Stevenson 39
Patterson 34

lol... Can't believe MSU went into Bud Walton and won. I figured Arkansas would struggle on the road but I thought they'd be stout at home.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gophers came within 1 of a NCAA record for most 3's made without a miss with 9 today in a 20 point win over Penn State.

Next up is @ Wisconsin on Thursday. Should be a great game.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Manny Harris: 18 points, eight rebounds, five assists, four steals.

Win.
Sniper, what is your opinion of Iowa's basketball team after effectively bending them over and not using lube?

I didn't watch the game or look at any recaps, but I'm going to assume Manny Harris pretty much was undefendable down low and dominated in the paint on both offense and defense. Iowa prolly also shot a ton from outside, not making many.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Sniper, what is your opinion of Iowa's basketball team after effectively bending them over and not using lube?

I didn't watch the game or look at any recaps, but I'm going to assume Manny Harris pretty much was undefendable down low and dominated in the paint on both offense and defense. Iowa prolly also shot a ton from outside, not making many.
Didn't see the game, TBH.

Judging by the box score, Iowa turned the rock over way too much and Manny did his thanggggggggg...Iowa shot 6/17 from 3 (35.3%). While not great, it's not awful either.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game tonight. UNC at Wake. Wake is getting seven at home, have to believe this game will be close. I like UNC, but in a close one.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Big game tonight. UNC at Wake. Wake is getting seven at home, have to believe this game will be close. I like UNC, but in a close one.
I honestly can see wake winning this one by 7. I think UNC became a tad overrated and I did predict before the season began that Wake would win the ACC. Hopefully they will hold up to my prediction.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I honestly can see wake winning this one by 7. I think UNC became a tad overrated and I did predict before the season began that Wake would win the ACC. Hopefully they will hold up to my prediction.
Wake's the underdog. Maybe I misunderstood your statement but it sounds to me like you thought Wake was favored.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That seems like a pretty fair line, I like UNC in this one. Wake Forest is extremely talented but still very inexperienced and they haven't exactly played a tough schedule so far with their toughest games being against Baylor and BYU. They do have a lot of size down low which could give Hansborough some problems. Should be a fun one to watch.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wake's the underdog. Maybe I misunderstood your statement but it sounds to me like you thought Wake was favored.
I did misunderstand, but I still see Wake winning this one. Ty Lawson is probably the most overrated PG in the country and UNC just doesn't know how to play defense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I did misunderstand, but I still see Wake winning this one. Ty Lawson is probably the most overrated PG in the country and UNC just doesn't know how to play defense.

It's gonna be tough with UNC getting every call. :P But I'll be rooting for Wake. I don't like UNC.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

44-44 at the half. Really good fast paced game so far and the refs are letting them play for the most part.

Jeff Teague is one of the most underrated players in the country, but he played out of control at times late in the first half.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good game, I'm glad Wake Forest pulled it out. I really like them, my favorite team in the ACC by a good margin.

Props to TurtlePower for the Wake pimping, they certainly look more than legit coming off of that big win.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Wake definetely is legit, but it didn't help that the only guy to show up for UNC was Danny Green (and Ellington in the last 3 minutes.)

Wake's size really did bother Hansbrough a lot, he had a lot of trouble getting good shots off and his shooting % showed it. He also got bailed out on a couple of calls which makes his numbers look even better than they were.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Best $40 bet I've ever made. I'll be honest, thought UNC would win, but by less than 7. Great win by Wake.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football