Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Rise against is a ***** band for girls that have never been metal, ever. Which was the reason for my ummmmmm what, because this isnt the I wear black eye liner and swing life away thread.
first off, this says "rock/metal thread" and I suggest you listen to the early Rise Against and more importantly the Killing Tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Give me a list of bands/ types you like ill hook you up with some great ones.

This goes for anyone looking for something new :)
I love system of a down, but for heavier bands I like In flames, Black daliah murderer, Between the buried and me, I enjoy anyhting with great guitar work, thats the most important thing to me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love system of a down, but for heavier bands I like In flames, Black daliah murderer, Between the buried and me, I enjoy anyhting with great guitar work, thats the most important thing to me right now.
-Scar Symmetry-
Mind Machine

-Into Eternity-
Diagnosis Terminal

-Evergrey- * I always push Evergrey cause they are by far my Favorite!
Monday Morning Apocalypse

Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i salute this thread's resurrection.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough Mars Volta in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i salute this thread's resurrection.
I salute your resurrection.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff Cain, Ill throw you some rep after tonight, threw too much out during our eli and the giants suck party today.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going off what other people have said in this thread:
Tool is by far my favorite band. Everything that needs to be said about them already has been so I'll leave it at that. They just kick so much ass, hope to get a new album from them in like 3 years or so.

I'll also agree with everyone who feels Metallica is overrated. Their old stuff was just awesome but from the black album on, their sound changed and got more mainstream and as a result worse. 80s Metallica kicks ass, since then they're ok at best.

My other favorite bands:
Rage Against the Machine - Morello is just insane on guitar and I personally think De La Roca is a douchebag but he was a great fit in this band. Getting to see them reunited a couple years ago was probably the best concert I've ever been to.

Local H - Underrated, not as heavy as other bands in here, but they have some awesome stuff. Hit up youtube and listen to High-Fiving MF, Bound for the Floor, User, Bag of Hammers, and many others if you havent heard of them. Have a lot of albums and tour all over still, great live band as well.

Queens of the Stone Age - Just another great band. Josh Homme is an absolute beast and I love all their stuff. All of the old Kyuss stuff is sweet too.

Toadies - maybe more alternative than hard rock but they got some good stuff. Love listening to them when I'm relaxing. Everyone knows Possum Kingdom but Backslider is my personal favorite. Another great live band btw.

Jimmie's Chicken Shack - similar to Toadies, not the heaviest but I love just sitting around listening to them. High, Milk (opening line kills me every time i hear that song), and Dropping Anchor are great songs to check out if you havent heard of them.

old school Alice in Chains - my #2 favorite, just awesome, enough said.

and my guilty pleasure, Rammstein - I have no idea what they're saying but i love hitting up youtube and watching their kick-ass videos they always have. Considering I dont know what they're saying, it says how much I love how they sound.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Going off what other people have said in this thread:
Tool is by far my favorite band. Everything that needs to be said about them already has been so I'll leave it at that. They just kick so much ass, hope to get a new album from them in like 3 years or so.

I'll also agree with everyone who feels Metallica is overrated. Their old stuff was just awesome but from the black album on, their sound changed and got more mainstream and as a result worse. 80s Metallica kicks ass, since then they're ok at best.

My other favorite bands:
Rage Against the Machine - Morello is just insane on guitar and I personally think De La Roca is a douchebag but he was a great fit in this band. Getting to see them reunited a couple years ago was probably the best concert I've ever been to.

Local H - Underrated, not as heavy as other bands in here, but they have some awesome stuff. Hit up youtube and listen to High-Fiving MF, Bound for the Floor, User, Bag of Hammers, and many others if you havent heard of them. Have a lot of albums and tour all over still, great live band as well.

Queens of the Stone Age - Just another great band. Josh Homme is an absolute beast and I love all their stuff. All of the old Kyuss stuff is sweet too.

Toadies - maybe more alternative than hard rock but they got some good stuff. Love listening to them when I'm relaxing. Everyone knows Possum Kingdom but Backslider is my personal favorite. Another great live band btw.

Jimmie's Chicken Shack - similar to Toadies, not the heaviest but I love just sitting around listening to them. High, Milk (opening line kills me every time i hear that song), and Dropping Anchor are great songs to check out if you havent heard of them.

old school Alice in Chains - my #2 favorite, just awesome, enough said.

and my guilty pleasure, Rammstein - I have no idea what they're saying but i love hitting up youtube and watching their kick-ass videos they always have. Considering I dont know what they're saying, it says how much I love how they sound.
Ahh, I love QOTSA but I haven't recently been keeping up with them. Any news on a new album soon?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Queens of the stone age are sweet, so chill.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Modern:

RATM- Morrello is one of the most creative guitarists ive ever seen, and the infusion with the whole rap/metal genre had never sounded better. Keep your fingers crossed they decide to put out a new CD which they keep denying :(
RATM is by far my favorite band, but I'm not holding my breath over a new album. Their debut is probably my favorite album of all time, Evil Empire was pretty good, and then Battle of Los Angeles was just okay. Renegades was a bunch of covers. Their music has gotten progressively worse but their early content is still relevant which is one of the reasons why they won't be recording new **** any time. I just hope they come to Toronto soon and it better be as live as the youtuve videos I see of their concerts in the mid-90s.

There's more to the band than Morello though...Brad Wilk is a solid drummer, although you might get the impression that he's not because their hit songs are the weakest for drumming imo. Commerford has some awesome bass lines like Take the Power Back. De la Rocha is a huge douche but he's passionate and flows really well with the band. It's refreshing to see a rapper in a rock band who doesn't try to take over with lyrics....he likes repetitive verses and chants which works well.

If they did put out a new album, I'd hope for longer, more progressive songs with more shredding solos instead of the funky solos he's burnt out over the past couple albums. Pretty much a repeat of their self-titled debut would be nice.

I agree that Metallica sucks post 1990, but Death Magnetic is actually really good. Some will find it cheesy because they pretty much tried to copy their old formula, but it works for the most part. The fact that they're still putting out 8-9 minute epic thrash metal songs is pretty incredible.

Ulrich is more than just an overrated douche who tried to bring down Napster. He also pretty much runs the band...telling all the other members what to play, what to name the songs, etc. He's the ****** who thought it was a good idea not to have solos on St. Anger and tries to hold back the band from progressing all the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I tried to like Death Magnetic like everyone else but it might just be Lars Ulrich's worst drumming to date and that's saying something. The drums sound bad. I'm not talking about the drumming but the actual drums themselves. They just sound out of tune. Not to mention all of the drum playing sounds the same.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the sound....they wanted the album to sound as loud as possible so that's how the drums turn out. AJFA had a similar sound.

If you wanna hear the songs without the audio "problems" go watch some youtube videos of the songs in Guitar Hero 3. They don't have the tuning oddity.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RATM lead singer Zak De La Rocha released an EP with the old Mars Volta drummer, whatever his name is...Band name is called "One Day As A Lion". Its pretty good stuff. Definately worth a listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Killswitch Engage is my favorite band. Also like Pantera quite a bit.
KILLSWITCH's version of Holy Diver ftw!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I tried to like Death Magnetic like everyone else but it might just be Lars Ulrich's worst drumming to date and that's saying something. The drums sound bad. I'm not talking about the drumming but the actual drums themselves. They just sound out of tune. Not to mention all of the drum playing sounds the same.
The drumming wasnt bad, the production was. The drums were tunred up waaaaay to high. The production as a whole was very sloppy. It was an ok CD in my opinion.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tuning in C and C# is what my band goes with now, we started with Drop D. Yeah im in need of a new amp as well, but im being really picky about which ones i go with, (plus im broke right now). You in any bands shiv?
No, none of my friends play music that interests me. They are heavily into the "Pitchfork" indie scene. You know, junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Favorites
My favorite Opeth album is a toss up between Deliverance and Ghost Reveries, however, all of their albums are incredible.
Recommended Songs: The Lotus Eater, Bleak, The Baying of the Hounds, Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Between the Buried and Me are one of my favorite bands to listen to due to their technicality.
Recommended Songs: Mordecai, Selkies: The Endless Obsession, All Bodies, Sun of Nothing

Isis was a band I started listening to several years ago and they have gradually progressed into being of my favorite. The music is beautifully complex and they keep getting better with every album.
Recommended Songs: Wills Dissolve, Wrists of Kings, Not in Rivers but in Drops, Syndic Calls

Agalloch mixes folk tunes, thrash and progressive metal with dark, brooding vocals that mixes together amazingly well.
Recommended Songs: As Embers Dress The Sky, A Desolation Song, Not Unlike The Waves

Acid Bath can best be described I guess by calling it swamp metal. They blend so many styles together and were one of the bands that really got me into metal.
Recommended Songs: The Blue, God Machine, Toubabo Koomi, Grave Flower

Intronaut is another band I got into around the time of Isis. Very complex, bass-driven progressive metal with a dual-vocal attack. Very groove laden and technical.
Recommended Songs: Fragments of Character, They (As In Them), Teledildonics, Any Port

Meshuggah is another great import from Sweden. Some of the finest progressive metal out there and insanely brutal. One of my favorites.
Recommended songs: I, Combustion, Dehumanization, Rational Gaze

Mastodon. Can't go wrong with progressive Southern metal, especially when they make a concept album around Moby Dick.
Recommended Songs: Seabeast, March of the Fire Ants, Sleeping Giant, This Mortal Coil

Always A Good Listen
Glass Casket Brutal speed/grind metal that has two members of BTBAM in its ranks.
Recommended Songs: Pencil Lead Syringe, Post Traumatic Death

Every Time I Die Just a fun band to listen to and you can feel the energy and excitement. Not for everyone but a particularly fond band of mine.
Recommended Songs: Ebolarama, The New Black, Buffalo Gals, L'Astronaut

Clutch A fun, Southern, bluesy band that puts on a hell of a live show.
Recommended Songs: Spacegrass, Mr. Shiny Cadillacness, Texan Book of the Dead, Mice and Gods

Tool What can be said about Tool that hasn't already been said?
Recommended Songs: The Pot, Opiate, Flood, Vicarious

The Ocean I just love this band. Progressive, technical, thoughtful, amazing.
Recommended Songs: Statherian, Stenian, Rhyacian

Will continue later...
Good stuff. How come I don't remember you talking about this stuff? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
57 Days until Crack The Skyes is released
It should be good. Mastodon is one of the best pure, unadulterated Metal bands out there.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Death Magnetic: at first I liked it, because it wasn't like St Anger and was more in line with their 80s material. But they basically became a caricature of what they used to be like. The whole thing seem uninspired, especially Kirk Hammett's solos. Seriously, that guy really never learned any new tricks. In the 80s it was cool, but now the guitar skill of the even average Metal bands has past him by.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
KILLSWITCH's version of Holy Diver ftw!
Nothing tops Dio. Got it?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Favorites

Isis

Agalloch
Those are my two favorite bands in the world(Hell, my signature is Agalloch inspired), along with Neurosis. Awesome, awesome taste. I'm glad to see I'm not the only guy here who is into post-metal(or whatever) type stuff. Intronaut is really great as well. I've had problems getting into them though.

I'm an absolutely MASSIVE metal head, but I really don't know how to start off talking about music. I'll try the list thing.

Favorites

-Isis
I love this band. They play my favorite style of metal the best it can be played. Every single release they have brings something new and interesting to the table and it's always done with top quality musicianship. Been listening to them for going on four years now. Popped by postmetal/sludge cherry and I haven't looked back since.

-Hammers of Misfortune
San Fran guys who play a variety of metal that's pretty hard to pin down. Every single song by them is absolutely amazing. The guitar works can be hard to follow at times, not because of speed or anything cheap like that, but just because of how good it is and how well it mixes with the Hammond Organ they use in a lot of their work.

-Agalloch
Agalloch sounds like a walk through the woods on a grey day. Very folky, very heavy at times, and just overall a great great band.

-Maudlin of the Well
Boston band that released three albums before selling their souls to musical wankery and becoming Kayo Dot. All of the albums are amazing. Progressive arty metal with death metal vocals at it's best. The soundscapes they create are relaxing as they are harsh.

-Neurosis
The Eye of Every Storm might just be the best album I've ever heard. Through Silver in Blood is absolutely incredible as well. Another band that just brings it every single release. Nothing is boring or feels the same. They're never content with their sound. Kind of a band thing sometimes, but their music is absolutely amazing. The atmosphere to each song really stands out. I love the vocals as well.

-Wolves in the Throne Room
Pretty much the only good current USBM band. Draws a lot of lofty comparisons to Weakling because of where they're from, but they're a much different band. A lot of post rock elements are incorporated in their latest release, but it sounds really great, unlike most black metal bands that have tried things like that. Best black metal band out there right now.

Don't really feel like typing more.

Oh, and speaking of Weakling, the first three minutes of this song might be the most beautiful piece of music ever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-11-2009 at 11:44 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Nothing tops Dio. Got it?
Ok sorry sir. I will never diss Dio again!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Ok sorry sir. I will never diss Dio again!
Dio>Ozzy.

Without question.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm gonna have to throw this out there

Crazy Train > Rainbow in the dark

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
RATM lead singer Zak De La Rocha released an EP with the old Mars Volta drummer, whatever his name is...Band name is called "One Day As A Lion". Its pretty good stuff. Definately worth a listen.
I'm in the process of acquiring this as we speak. The drummer you speak of is Mr. Jon Theodore. Anyway, this looks like some pretty interesting stuff and I love their name n where it came from.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'm gonna have to throw this out there

Crazy Train > Rainbow in the dark
Not at all. Ozzy Osbourn is the most overrated metal singer in history. His solo stuff is absolutely awful.

R.I.P. Junior Seau