Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Whatever happens, something needs to change. Tired of feeling like we're stuck with three #2 TE's, y'know what I'm sayin?
I feel the same way about WR's. lol
Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I hope we clean house of the projects or depth chart fodder this offseason when it comes to the skills positions. The only WR's I want back on the roster are Gage, B. Jones, and Hawkins. McCareins is good as gone, in my opinion, especially after seeing him benched yesterday. Paul Williams needs to get it together, cause the FO didn't spend a 3rd RD pick on him to play special teams. I dunno how Chris Davis still has a roster spot.

Chris Henry has lost his spot to Q Ganther. Chris Johnson is #1, LenDale is #2, and Henry will have to bust out of nowhere into the scene, or he's a wasted spot. Ahmard Hall is the best FB in the league, and I hope he starts getting more carries. He stronger, faster, and just straight up twice the badass LenDale will ever be. I think LenDale is gone after next season. Chris Johnson is a stud, and it really makes me mad that he got hurt in that game. I don't even care that we lost. CJ was making a statement, and it's a shame that his first playoff game had to end in the way that it did...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well TitanHope, I agree with you on Ahmad Hall, he has the power to run the ball on those goal line stands. Paul Davis should be kept for depth, and a good run at TJ Whosyamama given that he isn't franchised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans are wanting to offer KC a 2-year/4-million dollar contract. He can get more some place else as a backup, but if he wants to start, he'd negotiate a little higher price here and be the starter.

Gives me the feeling that while Collins played great this season, he's not as important as some may think. If they absolutely wanted to keep him, then they wouldn't be thinking of a low-ball offer like this. Now, nothing official has been offered just yet - this is just the supposed amount that the Titans are initially thinking.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2311

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's almost exactly what I thought they'd offer him.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

KFC made $1.7 million as a backup here, so I doubt he'll take it. I'm thinking 2-years/5-6.5 million dollars.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bamatitan81
Rookie

bamatitan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know he played in a spread system, but does anyone else feel like Jeremy Macklin would be a great pickup. He had over 100 catches and returns punts and kicks. I don't know if he would be a good #1 receiver but he would be better than anything we have right now. Plus Harvin is split RB/WR and we just don't run an offense that would suit him and Johnson.
bamatitan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamatitan81 View Post
I know he played in a spread system, but does anyone else feel like Jeremy Macklin would be a great pickup. He had over 100 catches and returns punts and kicks. I don't know if he would be a good #1 receiver but he would be better than anything we have right now. Plus Harvin is split RB/WR and we just don't run an offense that would suit him and Johnson.
Personally, I think someone like Percy Harvin or Derrick Williams is more likely; but I wouldn't mind at all if the Titans somehow managed to draft Jeremy Maclin.

Whatever happens, the Titans DESPERATELY need some more playmakers on offense -- as illustrated in the Ravens game once Chris Johnson went down.

Not that it matters...this team will undoubtedly draft other positions early on and a couple more mid-to-late round WRs (like always)...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Welcome to the boards BamaTitan! Always great to see a new Titans fan on here. To answer your question, I don't think Maclin would be a bad pick for the Titans at all. The only problem is that he's not going to be there when the Titans pick. Neither will Crabtree. So minus those two I'd say my wish list at WR goes like this....

1) Darrius Heyward-Bey
2) Hakeem Nicks
3) Kenny Britt
4) Percy Harvin
5) Juaquin Iglesias
6) Ramses Barden
7) Brooks Foster
8) Sammie Stroughter
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think your gonna resign Dave Ball? He did pretty dang good as a back up for you guys with 4.5 sacks. I know the guy and I hope you guys give him a good contract

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Do you guys think your gonna resign Dave Ball? He did pretty dang good as a back up for you guys with 4.5 sacks. I know the guy and I hope you guys give him a good contract
I'm not sure. I haven't heard of him being a FA, but if he is I hope we do. He is an excellent rotational end that can keep KVB and the others fresh.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bamatitan81
Rookie

bamatitan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to get Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias. I think Britt could end up being a beast. He flat out made Mike Teel look like a decent quarterback this year. And I've always been impressed with Iglesias with his speed and route running ability. Plus he can return punts and kicks

I have a feeling that we'll go defense in the first round with either DJ Moore or if we could get him Jerry (only if we lose Albert).

How do you guys feel about maybe picking up a Quarterback this year? With all the VY mess i would love to see us pick up someone to put pressure on him to get all his sh*t together. But I'm not sure if there is anyone there that would be worth it in the 3rd to 5th rounds.
bamatitan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamatitan81 View Post
I would love to get Kenny Britt or Juaquin Iglesias. I think Britt could end up being a beast. He flat out made Mike Teel look like a decent quarterback this year. And I've always been impressed with Iglesias with his speed and route running ability. Plus he can return punts and kicks
Kenny Britt is a beast. I think after a couple of years in the league he will be a good #1. Whenever I watched him play he kind of reminded me of T.O. without the drama.

Quote:
I have a feeling that we'll go defense in the first round with either DJ Moore or if we could get him Jerry (only if we lose Albert).
Yes! Another person on the D.J. Moore bandwagon! TitanHope and I have been driving this bandwagon for a while now so glad to see another person interested in Moore to the Titans.

Quote:
How do you guys feel about maybe picking up a Quarterback this year? With all the VY mess i would love to see us pick up someone to put pressure on him to get all his sh*t together. But I'm not sure if there is anyone there that would be worth it in the 3rd to 5th rounds.
To be honest, I'm not interested in any of the QBs in this year's class outside of Sanchez and Stafford and we don't have a shot at either of them. I figure they'll resign Collins and Simms and just be set at QB with those two and VY for another year.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Britt is #1 on my pre-combine wish list
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love the fact its gone from harvin to heyward bey...also interested by the second round pick pick
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, I'd much rather have Bey. Plus I'm burnt out on Harvin. I think literally 98% of mocks on this site give us Harvin.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I like the Harvin pick, so it doesn't bug me as much. I am with you though VDM - only Limas Sweed can beat it when it comes to most over used Titans mock pick.

Though, I do think that there's a legitimate chance we'll use our 1st RD'er on a WR if there's value there. In our past two drafts, we needed key parts to make our team better. In Reinfeldt's first draft, we had to shore up defense (Griffin, Jacob Ford, Tulloch). We tried some projects on offense (Chris Henry + Paul Williams), but they didn't pan out. In Reinfeldt's second draft, we needed instant offense for points (Chris Johnson) and some insurance for Haynesworth (Jason Jones). We basically added depth from then on out.

So...what need or weakness was revealed this past season will Reinfeldt be targeting? I think it's playmakers on offense other than CJ. So I think a playmaker at TE or WR will be the pick in the 1st (barring a trade down or no one of value available).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Cortland Finnegan is goin' down to South Florida this offseason to train with Chad Johnon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/aro...n=nfl,139 887

Take it for what it's worth, but Chad Johnson has always been one of my favorite WR's in the NFL regardless of his character concerns. He's very much the professional when the camera isn't on, and I hope he can improve Finny's ability to decipher routes. Plus, maybe Finny can put in a good word to Fish on trading for Johnson! ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-09-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, T.J. Whosyamamma, talented draft at WR.

Good year to be in the market for a number one WR.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to see us take a playmaking LB, why couldnt we do **** and go after aaron curry lol, i wouldnt be opposed to taking rey malalalalaugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa because our MLB's arent required to be agile cover guys and we could do with a big ass run stuffer
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i would love to see us take a playmaking LB, why couldnt we do **** and go after aaron curry lol, i wouldnt be opposed to taking rey malalalalaugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa because our MLB's arent required to be agile cover guys and we could do with a big ass run stuffer
I'd be cool with Maualuga if there's not a CB with the right value on the board and we'd maybe already picked up our WR through FA or trade. If that situation played out I'd be cool with Rey rey or Brandon Pettigrew. I doubt they both drop to 30 though, but hey, you never know.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i cant really decide where i want us to go with this draft, im just hoping we have a good Fa make drafting a hell of alot easier
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If we lose AH, a big MLB would be nice to have. Ryan Fowler is only big when he's juiced, and Tulluch is more of a MLB/OLB tweener.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i have a feeling we are going to lose albert, but i think we can cope without him....itll be a struggle but i think we can survive
Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We were able to beat Pittsburgh soundly without him, so I'm still confident in the team without him. But, the facts are that he's a 27-year old DT who's the best at his position in the NFL, and he's coming off the best statistical season of his career, not to mention the healthiest. It'll be very hard to stomach seeing the FO allow him to sign with another team, but Reinfeldt and Fisher have proven that they know what they're doing.

I think Tony Brown is ridiculously under-rated, and Jason Jones had a great rookie season. Not to mention Kevin Vickerson was excellent depth this past season, and he's a big dude too (6'5, 300). The 2010 Draft is loaded at DT too, and Vince Oghobaase would be perfect (6'5, 300 as a junior, and has the athleticism of Haynesworth).

They've got a cool video of Haynesworth on NFL.com. It's on his profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/alberthay...e?id=HAY746506

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.