Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs talking with Pioli for GM job

Chiefs talking with Pioli for GM job

About time.

:)
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now let's hire him
Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone hear what John Clayton said today?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Did Heee Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

he thought there was a good chance Pioli becomes the new GM
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l_results#poll

Seems legit to me. I'm gonna be watching ESPN all day waiting for this to go public.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see you back Hook but I won't believe it till he is sitting next to Mr.Hunt at a PC.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why people just seem to slobber over Pioli. This guy seems to be as overhyped as the patriots are.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand why people just seem to slobber over Pioli. This guy seems to be as overhyped as the patriots are.
He is a very important reason why the Pats have 3 rings. Its not like he just started their. he has been their the last 9 years....name a more successful professional sports team int he last 9 years than the Patriots?

Check out his bio on any website. the dude has been a monster
copy and pasted this from the pats website
In 1997, while serving as head coach of the Jets, Belichick hired Pioli as the director of pro personnel. He was credited with the signing of a number of veteran free agents who played critical roles in the Jets' rebuilding process. In just two seasons, the Jets completed a worst-to-first turnaround, rebounding from 1-15 in 1996 to 12-4 in 1998. The 12 wins were the most in franchise history and gave the Jets their first division title since 1968
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 01-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yeah those 3 super bowls scream overhyped.Pioli would be the perfect guy for this job IMO
Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bastiches! Stay the hell away from him!

lol

I'm curious to see how Pioli fares elsewhere. At some point he will take a job with another team, as I'm sure he will want to prove he can be successful w/o Belichick. Will he fail like the coaching tree has done thus far?

I do think he'll be walking into a pretty good spot in KC with the young talent from the last draft. It would be very interesting to see where things go if he signs on.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it's all speculation, but what would you guys actually think if you hired Pioli and he went the route of McDaniels/Ferentz as HC?

Could you also bring in Romeo Crennel as your DC?

Intriguing stuff....what do you fans think?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I could see a Pioli McDaniels GM/HC combo.that's how I hope it goes down...hiring a college coach scares me
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I could see a Pioli McDaniels GM/HC combo.that's how I hope it goes down...hiring a college coach scares me
I think hiring a college coach and giving him a lot of power (Saban...Petrino....) would be scary.

As long as Pioli is the one making personnel decisions and a guy like Ferentz was just doing the coaching, it could be a wise move.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Obviously it's all speculation, but what would you guys actually think if you hired Pioli and he went the route of McDaniels/Ferentz as HC?

Could you also bring in Romeo Crennel as your DC?

Intriguing stuff....what do you fans think?
I would me more then happy with Rolly Pioli,McDaniels and Romeo.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not mind Pioli, McDaniels and Romeo. My only worry is the kind of defense we'll be running next year and having the correct personnel to do so. Also, I'm a big fan of this rebuilding around youth process, so I hope that continues if they were to come here. I'm not the type of fan that likes seeing 30+ year olds signed to fill a roster spot (ie Willie McGinest, Junior Seau) etc.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
yeah those 3 super bowls scream overhyped.Pioli would be the perfect guy for this job IMO
Yea, but he's apparently signed some over the hill free agents, ask Dick Vermiel how that worked for him. I don't think you can give him all the credit for those three super bowls either. Part of that has to be hitting the lottery with drafting brady in the sixth round and having Bilicheck as your coach.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
DJohnson56

Did anyone else notice the "Shanahan has reportedly contacted Pioli" comment.......really can't see him pushing for the Chiefs job, but him and Pioli are pretty close.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJohnson56 View Post
Did anyone else notice the "Shanahan has reportedly contacted Pioli" comment.......really can't see him pushing for the Chiefs job, but him and Pioli are pretty close.
Why wouldn't he want the KC job, he's pretty pissed off at Al Davis and Denver's owner and the best way to screw them over is winning with the Chiefs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been thinking about this more and it really makes no sense. KC seems to have done well in the last 2 drafts. Well, this year & Bowe at least - I'm not entirely sure of the status on McBride, Tank Tyler, Kolby Smith and their later picks.

But the point is this: Why would Pioli want to go to a team that has 6-8 solid young starters that were not his guys? If the Chiefs become a good team how much of the "turnaround" would be attributed to the develpment of guys like Thigpen, Bowe, Charles & Albert on O and other young guys on D that were drafted before Pioli arrived on the scene?

I don't know that it really matters to him, but it's something I think would matter to me. Then again, who really wants to take over a train wreck like the Lions*??? lol

*personally, I would see that as the ultimate challenge, but that's just me.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3830515

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

yah, suxors. there's now a thread in the NFL section.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
So I've been thinking about this more and it really makes no sense. KC seems to have done well in the last 2 drafts. Well, this year & Bowe at least - I'm not entirely sure of the status on McBride, Tank Tyler, Kolby Smith and their later picks.

But the point is this: Why would Pioli want to go to a team that has 6-8 solid young starters that were not his guys? If the Chiefs become a good team how much of the "turnaround" would be attributed to the develpment of guys like Thigpen, Bowe, Charles & Albert on O and other young guys on D that were drafted before Pioli arrived on the scene?

I don't know that it really matters to him, but it's something I think would matter to me. Then again, who really wants to take over a train wreck like the Lions*??? lol

*personally, I would see that as the ultimate challenge, but that's just me.
KC has done well but from what we've heard, CP had absolutely nothing to do with the last two drafts. It was all Herm and Bill Kuharich.

This is a great hire. He knows personnel. Hopefully he can spend the some 40 million UNDER the cap we are to get some younger free agents here, like Peppers or Jordan Gross.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

my list of HC candidates

Spags
Swartz
Frazier
Ryan
Rivera

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 01-13-2009 at 06:34 PM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

If we hire Spags, you KNOW we'll get a beefcake pass rusher(I like Peppers myself)