Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
We know what the vaccination is for, and like i said, i agree that girls should take it to secure themselves of not developing CC. But to REQUIRE it?...
This is a perfect example of how drug companies just dictate health care. Most drugs take years to even get FDA approved. Gardisil (the HPV vaccine) was approved almost immediately, AND is the only vaccine with mandated insurance coverage for people over 18. Might not seem like a big deal, but, for a guy working in the health care industry, it's mind blowing.

I think somebody involved with Gardisil has a picture of somebody from the FDA porking a goat or something.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any real relationship issues to discuss?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we're discussing birth control, and the economy. My man (he said he was) CC is angry...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is the point where I would go off on some tangent about how it's kids not being given access to readily available birth control and then move into a rant about religion. So, I'll exclude myself from this.
It's the parents, Brent. I never had readily available BC, or my brothers or cousins. None of us are parents.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Anyone have any real relationship issues to discuss?
I have a girlfriend. And she's a Florida fan. And I'm an LSU and UT(ennessee) fan. What gives?

BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My parents never really had a talk with me about being safe. I just have enough brains to not want a kid or the Herp...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
None of us are parents.
I have a cat.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the UK they might be making the HPV shot mandatory for all girls as soon as they start secondary school...thats age 13 (unless their parents say otherwise). I say thats fair...if you can save the death of thousands of girls and women each year, why the hell wouldnt you do it.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If it works, and if it's not paid for out of pocket by parents, go for it. Same thing with the polio vaccine. If you can wipe it out, why not?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
In the UK they might be making the HPV shot mandatory for all girls as soon as they start secondary school...thats age 13 (unless their parents say otherwise). I say thats fair...if you can save the death of thousands of girls and women each year, why the hell wouldnt you do it.
Because by making it a requirement, you're in essence saying that the girls are not responsible enough to make the proper decisions in their life and abstain from sexual contact (the way you contract HPV). Regardless if they're mature or not, you can't just take that right from them.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I have a girlfriend. And she's a Florida fan. And I'm an LSU and UT(ennessee) fan. What gives?
Hook up with other chicks whenever you want, it is your right!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I have a cat.
I'm getting a kitty
Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because by making it a requirement, you're in essence saying that the girls are not responsible enough to make the proper decisions in their life and abstain from sexual contact (the way you contract HPV). Regardless if they're mature or not, you can't just take that right from them.
Better to be safe than sorry...at 13 they could think theyre gonna hold out untill theyre married...by 15 they could be in a long term relationship...im sure their opinions would change pretty fast.

And it wouldnt be a requirement...they are offering it to all girls at age 13, its ultimately their and their parents decsision.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Similar thing to a polio/mumps/measles vaccine. You make it pretty much mandatory and crush the disease. If you can do it, you should. It's a public welfare issue with probably no downside. Not necessarily something we have to discuss here, but why argue with it?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the AIDS vaccine before my trip to Africa. Hope it works, I got it from Wal Mart.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Irrelevant. I'm bored with this, and I wish you guys had some drama to discuss. What? None of you guys date?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I got the AIDS vaccine before my trip to Africa. Hope it works, I got it from Wal Mart.
Hmmmm, did you have unprotected sex in the brown hole???
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Similar thing to a polio/mumps/measles vaccine. You make it pretty much mandatory and crush the disease. If you can do it, you should. It's a public welfare issue with probably no downside. Not necessarily something we have to discuss here, but why argue with it?
Because it's not something that you can just develop in your body randomly. I agree that women should protect themselves, but i would never make it a requirement. It's their choice whether they wanna take the proper precautions. If they believe they can abstain from sexual relations then by all means, go ahead. I would never deny someone their right at an education because they refuse to get vaccinated for something that can only be contracted sexually.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Irrelevant. I'm bored with this, and I wish you guys had some drama to discuss. What? None of you guys date?
I have plenty of ex issues, but nothing i can't handle myself.
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I'm getting a kitty
My cat kicks your kitty's ass.

...what a beast.

BoneKrusher
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch out for the Tse Tse flies over there. Oh and Hippos.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Watch out for the Tse Tse flies over there. Oh and Hippos.
Tse Tse Flies are so bad ass.
Quote:
Old 01-16-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Because it's not something that you can just develop in your body randomly. I agree that women should protect themselves, but i would never make it a requirement. It's their choice whether they wanna take the proper precautions. If they believe they can abstain from sexual relations then by all means, go ahead. I would never deny someone their right at an education because they refuse to get vaccinated for something that can only be contracted sexually.
Then are you not denying them the right to a sexually active reletionship? Im sure they would rather have a jab, get their education, and if the occasion occurs that they become sexually active, there is no chance of catching a potentially fatal virus. Seems pretty logical to me.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I have plenty of ex issues, but nothing i can't handle myself.
Good man. I have ex issues myself, but I'm dealing. Got plenty of disposable beyotches to tide me over. Emotionally, I'm recovering.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread is going nowhere haha

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote