Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope they don't base Arians' future on our team success. We're winning football games right now, but our offense clearly is lacking. With the team that we have right now, we have a shot at the SB. And that is WITH our inept offense. If he can turn the offense around, and make them at least adequate against good teams, then I think he should be considered for next season. If the offense keeps up the pace they're on though he has to go.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
I really hope they don't base Arians' future on our team success. We're winning football games right now, but our offense clearly is lacking. With the team that we have right now, we have a shot at the SB. And that is WITH our inept offense. If he can turn the offense around, and make them at least adequate against good teams, then I think he should be considered for next season. If the offense keeps up the pace they're on though he has to go.
Yes Arian's sucks bad but if our line doesn't get better it won't matter who the OC is.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because he called one good game yesterday, doesn't mean I take Arians off the hook. I was doing some research. There are three guys I would love to have as my offensive cordinator. They are James Lofton, WR coach from Oakland, Randy Thomas, TE coach from Indy, and Turner Gill, head coach from Buffalo.

I really want Turner Gill because he has NFL coaching expirence and he helped build a bad college football team to a pretty good one in two years. He has a great offensive plan and could help our offense reach it's potential.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Isn't that what our team is actually kind of Geared for?

And I think the Paterno's have had Hall pretty restricted in his playcalling in between those 2 years.

You just don't have 2 great seasons that sporadically. Lets not forget Morelli was THE Worst QB I've ever seen.
Fixed that for you lol. Morelli is the worst Quarterback since Johnathan f'in Quinn. I agree with you on Hall. I don't know if he's my first choice to replace Arians, but I'd consider him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Cobra Commander

The problem is not as much BA as the OL. It wouldn't matter if you had the best coach in the world they would still suck.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
The problem is not as much BA as the OL. It wouldn't matter if you had the best coach in the world they would still suck.
Not true in the least.

There's talent on that line. The fact is their mis-utilized. They're learning to play in a ZBS primarily which, they're more man blockers. 2, we have a patchwork group..

Mauler - Mauler - Balanced - Finesse - Mauler. Thats just goofy. Get us a pretty physical RG and we're set. Or move our RT to RG and get a physical RT and this group is great.

The fact is there is several reasons..

1) Arians until the playoffs has refused from letting Ben snap the ball before the PC is near 0. So Ben has the most amount of time to comprehend the defense. Defenses know this.

2) Arians on multiple occasions has refused to utilize RB Screens, Slants, 1-step, 3-step drops and WR Screens to defeat the blitz. Philly was sending 6-8 guys and everytime he'd have Ben Playaction in a deep drop or 7 steps. with 8 guys you're down 3 blockers already. That has to be countered by a quick drop and a slant or hot read.

3) Arians refuses to play to his skills players strengths. He hasn't sent Holmes on many slants, for a guy with such a boner for TE's he rarely utilizes plays to Heath Miller or Matt Spaeth. Two excellent receivers. As for Parker he insists running him up the guy like he's the 2nd coming of Jerome Bettis. Refuses to get him the ball in space.

4) He's normally good the first 30 plays a game because he has them scripted... after that his playcalling normaly goes in the trash.

5) Ben/WR's are holding up the OL because 1 Ben tends to not anticipate the route being run therefore doesn't throw the ball before the WR is wide open in a zone (Normally taking 5-8 seconds). and the WR's tend not to get open. There's no hiding the fact that the Steelers receivers were praising Leftwich for getting the ball out quicker and in stride with their routes.

That said, I think the OL Coach (ZBS Fan) who's completely did a 180 on their Technique and Ken Anderson might be one to go. He's not really seeming to help on Roeth's development.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote