Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

At worst, Calvin Johnson is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but nobody in any draft is ever at worst a borderline pro-bowler. He's a great prospect, and that's al right now.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 16,649
Reputation: 320894
Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

How in the hell did David Carr go #1 in the draft?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Reputation: 287181
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
How in the hell did David Carr go #1 in the draft?
People weren't aware of the Tedford factor, today he'd be a round 2 pick as will any Tedford QB from now on if not worse.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Dave
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,377
Reputation: 18
Dave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
How in the hell did David Carr go #1 in the draft?
He went 19th out of Cal.

Bah, mistook him for Kyle Boller. Don't mind me.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Dave is right
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:54 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

David Carr and Kyle Boller are both still very promising young players, they just need a few things ironed out.

Carr is a strong, well-built athlete who is an effective scrambler with the arm strength to make every throw needed in the NFL. He has brilliant pocket presence and can avoid the rush extremely well. He can throw off his back foot and won't force the ball into traffic. For his experience his progressions are very well developed. His only real knock has ever been that he can at times hold onto the ball too long instead of running or throwing it away when his receivers are covered.

He's never had a coach stabilize his situation, never had an offensive line or a truly effective running game and he's only ever had one decent receiver till they brought in Eric Moulds, at which time his system gets changed and he has to deal with a new QB.
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 762
Reputation: 55
ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Andre Johnson is a great WR.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
David Carr and Kyle Boller are both still very promising young players, they just need a few things ironed out.

Carr is a strong, well-built athlete who is an effective scrambler with the arm strength to make every throw needed in the NFL. He has brilliant pocket presence and can avoid the rush extremely well. He can throw off his back foot and won't force the ball into traffic. For his experience his progressions are very well developed. His only real knock has ever been that he can at times hold onto the ball too long instead of running or throwing it away when his receivers are covered.

He's never had a coach stabilize his situation, never had an offensive line or a truly effective running game and he's only ever had one decent receiver till they brought in Eric Moulds, at which time his system gets changed and he has to deal with a new QB.
I agree with that assessment, but if Carr can't get his feet set the ball has a tendency to sail on him, or just land in the dirt, he can still get dump offs when he is off balance.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Any WR no matter how physically impressive is decent until their route running improves. Johnson is on his way to great, he's not there yet...

Besides him being double covered on every play doesn't help.
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 30,577
Reputation: 1108093
P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris
At worst, Calvin Johnson is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but nobody in any draft is ever at worst a borderline pro-bowler. He's a great prospect, and that's al right now.
Finally someone else. Help spread the word!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 937
Reputation: 9944
lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
[
You cannot have actually watched a Texans game and say that the reason Carr is getting sacked is not the offensive line. The O line was good at the beginning of the season, and guess who played well in the beginning of the season? That's right David Carr. In fact he had the highest qb rating in the NFL during that period, not that he was the best qb, but he was playing well. Then injury plagued our offensive line and the blocking became atrocious.

Usually when Carr takes off it's because he has to evade a defender in his "pocket of protection" and has to temporarily take his eyes off of his receivers, and once he realizes he won't have time to make the throw he usually ends up running it. Trusting his offensive linemen was a luxury that Carr did not have, most qb's have someone reliable to cover their blindside, but sure enough on nearly every play there was someone in Carr's face that he had to deal with. As for running out of bounds, he can't go that far if he can't get down-the-field blocking. In that situation he needs to throw the ball away, that is a problem for him, but no one here is mistaking Carr for Peyton Manning.

Our running game sucked this year. Ron Dayne? He is completely out of shape and the only reason his numbers are almost respectable is because he got them in clumps against the Raiders and the Colts. We had about 1,500 total rushing yards and our qb put up 200 of those. 1,300 total rushing yards is horrible, our run game could not be relied upon because it was so inconsistent. Every gain that Dayne made against the Colts should have been bigger. He tripped over his feet countless times and failed to make the play as well. Dayne is not a capable starter in the NFL.

2 Pro Bowl receivers? Andre is legitimate, but if you are calling Eric Moulds a pro bowl caliber receiver then you are a complete moron. He used to be a pro bowl caliber receiver, but he isn't anymore. He is a solid #2 option, and that is it.

Thank you for putting your uninformed view of the Texans out there, it gave me a good laugh especially this part
Quote:
O-line blokced very well this year
.
Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 937
Reputation: 9944
lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC the Savior
lod01 shouldn't be allowed to talk or discuss anything about Carr.
Because I'm right on all points about him?
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,034
Reputation: 50840
Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01

Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.
I think he needs help. Plain and simple. I think hes been hit so many times, he probably doesnt believe the line CAN give him time. I think he needs to go to a team with a strong running attack, a solid o line, and decent receivers. Some possibilities where I see Carr succeeding are: Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minny, Philly(they dont need a QB but McNabb could tutor), Jets, Seattle, and St. Louis. The best place IMO would be St. Louis, Seattle, or the Jets.
__________________
Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Not in Jacksonville
Posts: 1,889
Reputation: 10701
jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01

Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.
I think he needs help. Plain and simple. I think hes been hit so many times, he probably doesnt believe the line CAN give him time. I think he needs to go to a team with a strong running attack, a solid o line, and decent receivers. Some possibilities where I see Carr succeeding are: Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minny, Philly(they dont need a QB but McNabb could tutor), Jets, Seattle, and St. Louis. The best place IMO would be St. Louis, Seattle, or the Jets.
I wouldn't mind giving a 4th rounder for him.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
[
You cannot have actually watched a Texans game and say that the reason Carr is getting sacked is not the offensive line. The O line was good at the beginning of the season, and guess who played well in the beginning of the season? That's right David Carr. In fact he had the highest qb rating in the NFL during that period, not that he was the best qb, but he was playing well. Then injury plagued our offensive line and the blocking became atrocious.

Usually when Carr takes off it's because he has to evade a defender in his "pocket of protection" and has to temporarily take his eyes off of his receivers, and once he realizes he won't have time to make the throw he usually ends up running it. Trusting his offensive linemen was a luxury that Carr did not have, most qb's have someone reliable to cover their blindside, but sure enough on nearly every play there was someone in Carr's face that he had to deal with. As for running out of bounds, he can't go that far if he can't get down-the-field blocking. In that situation he needs to throw the ball away, that is a problem for him, but no one here is mistaking Carr for Peyton Manning.

Our running game sucked this year. Ron Dayne? He is completely out of shape and the only reason his numbers are almost respectable is because he got them in clumps against the Raiders and the Colts. We had about 1,500 total rushing yards and our qb put up 200 of those. 1,300 total rushing yards is horrible, our run game could not be relied upon because it was so inconsistent. Every gain that Dayne made against the Colts should have been bigger. He tripped over his feet countless times and failed to make the play as well. Dayne is not a capable starter in the NFL.

2 Pro Bowl receivers? Andre is legitimate, but if you are calling Eric Moulds a pro bowl caliber receiver then you are a complete moron. He used to be a pro bowl caliber receiver, but he isn't anymore. He is a solid #2 option, and that is it.

Thank you for putting your uninformed view of the Texans out there, it gave me a good laugh especially this part
Quote:
O-line blokced very well this year
.
Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.
Yes, the Raiders did have one of the best defenses in the NFL. However, against the run they are ranked 25th. This is a bit unfair since they were on the field so much, so I wouldn't say they were bad like their ranking suggests, but that they were average. If you had watched the Texans games vs. the Raiders you would know what I am talking about. I have never seen a more pathetic showing on both sides of the ball for both teams. It was like watching two minor league teams play each other. What's interesting to see is that Dayne got nearly all of his carries in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. The defense was getting worn down and that is when Dayne got his carries. The Raiders defensive unit played like trash all game, very differently from the Raiders defense the rest of the season. Maybe it was lack of motivation, or something else, but for some reason the whole defense played horribly against an offense that lesser defenses had no trouble shutting down. Many defenses have off games, Oakland had one against the Texans. Pretty simple.

Ok lets try this again. The reason that he had the 4.1 average is mainly because he got 1/4 of his total rushing yards in one game against the Colts. That ones pretty self explanatory because the Colts run defense was the worst.

Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7. Now when you are behind by this much two things usually happen. 1: The opposing team starts resting its starters and puts the backups on the field, and 2: Teams start playing mainly pass defense and let the run go just to burn out the clock so they can walk away with the win. That should pretty much explain why he had a good game, but if that isn't clear enough then there is no point in this because I don't feel like teaching you the nuances of the game of football.

Regardless, that part of the argument is erroneous, the offensive line's run blocking is not the point, it is their pass blocking which is important here. The pass blocking this season from our offensive line was horrible because there were several bad injuries, and many of the guys just aren't talented.

As for Sage, it isn't that uncommon to see a backup qb come in in the same game when the starter is benched and do well. There was no game film to speak of on Sage with the Texans, so it's not surprising he did well. Anyway the result of that game was a loss so I don't really see what you are getting at here.

At the beginning of the season, Carr had a good qb rating, but the point is that he wasn't making mistakes. Now if he can go to a good team, and he doesn't make mistakes, they could win quite a few games. He could be a very successful game manager depending on where he goes.

The offensive line did not play well this season, that is just a plain and simple fact. You are just trying to decipher stats to prove a point you want to make, but the bottom line is that the offensive line was bad this season. I went to nearly every Texans home game, and I watched as snap after snap the offensive linemen stumbled, and lost control of their man and the pocket collapsed.

Perhaps you should stop trying to discuss a team that you obviously know very little about.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
wesbun27
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default Re: David Carr's Future Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
Perfect fit is the Oakland Raiders, here is why:
Suggested Trade: David Carr for 3rd Round Pick
Oakland:
1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
2. Allows Oakland to draft the Best Talent in the draft Calvin Johnson.
3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...
Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.
Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.
Your acting like CJ is already a all-pro WR. Moss is probably gone but Porter is gonna stay. Oak has Porter,Curry and Doug Gabriel. Oak needs to draft Russell. Carr has had 5 seasons and he has done nothing. Raiders need a fresh start at Qb
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01

Wow you got no clue. I just hit on a couple of your ridiculously bad observations.

The Raiders have one of the best defenses this past year. They had 542 runs agains them...because the OFFENSE sucked. They were able to hold the opposing team to 4.0 ypc even though they LIVED on the field. That's a fact. Also, the fact that RON DAYNE averaged 4.1 ypc says the o-line was FANTASTIC to open up holes for a fat out of shape RB, wouldn't you say? You did say he was out of shape....he averaged 4.1 ypc as a fat out of shape RB.. Understand? He sucked according to you yet he had 4.1 ypc. Expalin that. I can. It's called an o-line opening up holes.

Agaisnt Oakland, somehow the O-line could allow Dayne this fantastic game. Also you failed to mention that the fat slow out of shape Dayne busted out for 5.2 vs NE. Explain that one. Nevermind.

Now onto the sackmaster carr. Same game carr pumped out 4 sacks in the 1st half Sage R. was sacked ZERO times vs TENN. No need to even go further there. That's a fact.

I love the 'cling to carr's QB rating part. I wonder why? I'll explain. It's called dink and dunk. Here's a quote from Keith Bullock after a game vs Texans: 'David Carr isn't a threat to win a game. You just let him have those short throws becasue we know he can't beat us deep.'

he sees what I see and you cannot grasp. But hey, you do have that fantastic QB rating .....and tons of LOSSES to back it's validity up.

The fact is simple. Carr sucks and will be a loser wherever he goes. Also, you don't know what you are talking about as shown above.
I think he needs help. Plain and simple. I think hes been hit so many times, he probably doesnt believe the line CAN give him time. I think he needs to go to a team with a strong running attack, a solid o line, and decent receivers. Some possibilities where I see Carr succeeding are: Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, Minny, Philly(they dont need a QB but McNabb could tutor), Jets, Seattle, and St. Louis. The best place IMO would be St. Louis, Seattle, or the Jets.
I wouldn't mind giving a 4th rounder for him.
I've thought about it, too, and I'm starting to like the idea. If we can add a legitimate deep threat at receiver, we'd have everything he'd need to be successful. At the very least, we could sign him short term and let him battle it out with Leftwich for the starting job. That way you still know you'd have a solid backup in case the starter gets injured or stinks the place up. Then, at the end of the season, you extend the one who played better.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 937
Reputation: 9944
lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7.
I know this much. Carr has never had a winning season and never will. And the 40-7 game. Whose fault was that? Carr singlehandely dug that huge hole with his horrid play. Tossing 4 INT's that caused the route. Put the team on his shoulders = sack and loss. Fact is that he can't get it done and had proven it. All you have is so called potential. If this loser was in this year's draft, he would go in the 2nd day at best. I've watched 4 years of this bum. Andre Johnson deserves far better than this. His talents are wasted with this zero of a QB.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Reputation: 287181
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Against NE, lets take a look at the score. Wow, the Texans lost 40-7.
I know this much. Carr has never had a winning season and never will. And the 40-7 game. Whose fault was that? Carr singlehandely dug that huge hole with his horrid play. Tossing 4 INT's that caused the route. Put the team on his shoulders = sack and loss. Fact is that he can't get it done and had proven it. All you have is so called potential. If this loser was in this year's draft, he would go in the 2nd day at best. I've watched 4 years of this bum. Andre Johnson deserves far better than this. His talents are wasted with this zero of a QB.
I agree, good NFL QB's adjust over time and also make the players around him better. Carr is what he is, a mediocre leader with mediocre skills. He has a very slow release, has a lot of difficulty picking up 2nd and 3rd options, doesn't inspire anybody to play better. He's another Harrington, a career bacxkup QB at best.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.