Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I'd like to say Baltimore is my 2nd favorite team in the NFL right now. Sucks that they lost tonight, but it was an impressive season. Personally, for you guys, I think someone like Shady McCoy in the first makes a ton of sense. You have Rice, McGahee, and McClain all power runners, but no change of pace. CB, WR, and OLB - if Suggs leaves (hopefully to the Bears ;) ) - are all needs, but right now the running game in the most important part of the offense, IMO. Thoughts?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh Shady makes no sense to me even though I love him because we have so many other needs. First 3 rounds better be corners. Maybe a LB in there. We should just go after someone like Antonio Bryant to fill the WR need.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

We all know that the Ravens are going to go B.P.A. in the draft regardless of position... it would be nice to see someone like Percy Harvin fall in our laps or Everette Brown. I think we can get better value out of the CB position in the 2nd and 3rd Rd's. We still that veteran presence there though.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Sean Smith (6'3, 215), the CB from Utah. Hopefully we could get him in the 2nd. It seems none of our CBs are playing physically enough and we need to bring that presence back to the secondary. I'd still go CB round one even with him. We need an overhaul of the position.

Here's my quick mock draft.

1. DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt - Small, speedy and physical playmaker.
2. Sean Smith, CB, Utah - Huge corner with good ball skills.
3. Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC - Tough, redzone, power receiver with big play ability and great hands.
4. Alex Boone, RT, OSU - Big college LT who uses his size to play RT in the pro's
5. Antonio Appleby, ILB, UVA - Overshadowed by Sintim, but a solid run stopper in the middle with excellent size.
6. Mitch King, DT/DE, Iowa - Crazy productive award winning DT but no real pro position
7. Marquez Branson, TE/H-Back, Central Arkansas - Short speedy TE makes for a replacement for Wilcox
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea we need a physical prescence in the secondary. Other then Leonard we don't have a CB that would just punch someone square in the face(not a literal comment since Fabian beat down the GF)

Also w/ that Branson pick, its no biggy for a 7th rounder but in Cameron system he rarely uses a TE as a passing game. Look at Heap I think he would get a blocking TE before a recieving TE.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea we need a physical prescence in the secondary. Other then Leonard we don't have a CB that would just punch someone square in the face(not a literal comment since Fabian beat down the GF)

Also w/ that Branson pick, its no biggy for a 7th rounder but in Cameron system he rarely uses a TE as a passing game. Look at Heap I think he would get a blocking TE before a recieving TE.
That's true about the TE. It could be partially due to Heap's loss of receiving skills also. Branson wouldn't be a traditional TE though. Since neither Willis or McClain are good receivers out of the backfield, Branson could fill that void. Wilcox is also used around the goal line a lot, and Branson would take over that role.

I figure Sypniewski will be a good fit to replace Heap if he goes, but if we want to draft a blocker late, Purvis, that TE from BC is a pretty good blocker.

Last edited by America : 01-19-2009 at 08:11 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.
Default Ravens Draft and Offseason

The ravens need to draft a corner in round 1 which will add another great player to their defense such as DJ Moore or Alphanso Smith, and than in the second round they need to draft a receiver i think Kenny Brit is a good fit here because he is the tall type of deep threat the ravens need also Brandon Lafell would be a good second round pick. Last year many receivers picked in the second round showed tons of potential and contributed immediately such as Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson. Or they could go the other way and choose a receiver in the first round such as Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks or Darius Heyward Bay (I really don't think Percy Harvin fits well with the ravens) and in the second round get a corner like Asher Allen, Sean Smith, Victor Harris or Tevard Lindley. In the third round we need to get a linebacker most likely an inside linebacker because either Lewis, Scott or Both are leaving and we need a replacement in this draft such as Darry Beckwith or Jason Phillips, Jameel McClain may even be able to fill in he was an undrafted free agent last year and the ravens signed him and he had both of their safties. Antawn Barnes would replace Suggs next year if they lose him and may even replace Jared Johnson even if they get Suggs, Lewis, and Scott back. In the fourth Round we should get a DT or DE for more depth on the D-line Gregg, Banaan, and Pryce are all getting old and we should look to add someone to play with Ngata.

Also some free agent pick ups and trades that could be possible or good:

1. Trade Heap and maybe a Second or third round pick to Arizona for Anquan Boldin
2. Trade McGahee to any team that would want him and get maybe a third or fourth round pick in exchange, McClain and Rice go great together and McGahee is not needed. McClain provides a big north south runner, while Ray rice gives us a fast back and a change of pace in the game
3. If we dont get Boldin in a trade we could sign him as a FA and also Housh would be a good pickup off of FA.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
First off, I'd like to say Baltimore is my 2nd favorite team in the NFL right now. Sucks that they lost tonight, but it was an impressive season. Personally, for you guys, I think someone like Shady McCoy in the first makes a ton of sense. You have Rice, McGahee, and McClain all power runners, but no change of pace. CB, WR, and OLB - if Suggs leaves (hopefully to the Bears ;) ) - are all needs, but right now the running game in the most important part of the offense, IMO. Thoughts?
I would actually say RB is probably our deepest postion. McClain is the power, McGahee is the do it all "feature" type backwho IMO should be the starer. and Rice is that change of pace type back. hes fast, small and hard to catch, and he won't run right at you like McClain. If we are drafting offense first round it better be WR. Other than that I think we need to focus our round 1 need on defense. They are aging and its easy to see. If Heyward-Bey is not at our pick, I think BDPA(best defensive player availble) should be the pick. CB first, then OLB/DE, then ILB. and nice to see ya as a Raven fan :)
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone know what picks we will have? i know with the Flacco trade we got some then lost some trading up
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I want Sean Smith (6'3, 215), the CB from Utah. Hopefully we could get him in the 2nd. It seems none of our CBs are playing physically enough and we need to bring that presence back to the secondary. I'd still go CB round one even with him. We need an overhaul of the position.

Here's my quick mock draft.

1. DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt - Small, speedy and physical playmaker.
2. Sean Smith, CB, Utah - Huge corner with good ball skills.
3. Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC - Tough, redzone, power receiver with big play ability and great hands.
4. Alex Boone, RT, OSU - Big college LT who uses his size to play RT in the pro's
5. Antonio Appleby, ILB, UVA - Overshadowed by Sintim, but a solid run stopper in the middle with excellent size.
6. Mitch King, DT/DE, Iowa - Crazy productive award winning DT but no real pro position
7. Marquez Branson, TE/H-Back, Central Arkansas - Short speedy TE makes for a replacement for Wilcox
I love the 1st 2 picks. That would really help out our secondary. Oh man that'd be a dream :) Also like Hakeem Nicks in the 3rd but I don't think he'd be availible that late. I can't say much about Boone or Branson but Appleby and Branson would be terrific picks as well.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we might not go for a possesion WR because we just drafted Marcus Smith. BUt he is a major project IDK if he will turn out. I noticed he was getting more playing time towards the end of the season but he will take a ton of time to develop.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
we might not go for a possesion WR because we just drafted Marcus Smith. BUt he is a major project IDK if he will turn out. I noticed he was getting more playing time towards the end of the season but he will take a ton of time to develop.
Well he was getting playing time because we literally have no wideouts beyond Clayt and Dmase. One guy to keep an eye on as I feel he will drop is Rey Mag. He just looks like a Raven. He and Haloti he will be our LB version of Troy P, lol. But he does provide a good replacement for Bart Scott, and IMO in a system where he doesn't have to take on blocks, Ray Mag would be amazing.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes he would be a great guy next to Lewis. Another good LB by our pick will be that guy from Virginia, he is a Ravens kind of LB.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

he'd be a terrific Raven, Im sure John Harbaugh would love to have him. Hes just the type of player he likes. As for Marcus Smith, I've seen him on the field alot but he is never thrown to, never see him get open, and he has really not been impressing me. I think once Demetrius Williams returns, he will be the slot guy and I think he could be that "deep threat" we are looking for. He was usless with McNair since his arm has totally died out, but with Flaccos cannon, he should put up great numbers.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Demetrius is a great almost catcher. Almost makes the spectacular catch but can't find a way to consistently pull it down, ala Brandon Lloyd.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Demetrius is a great almost catcher. Almost makes the spectacular catch but can't find a way to consistently pull it down, ala Brandon Lloyd.
I agree, I like Demetrius but lets not put all our eggs into the Dwill basket. I think everyone on here overrated him. He can play but IDK if he will be a super star.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

D-Will = C Moore everyone on here was jocking him until we cut his arse as well.. D-Will needs to ride off into the sunset WR is on of those spots were guys don't develop into greatness they have it and spend the time to learn the system and show greatness during their progress.. but don't go from sketchy at best to one of the top in the game. Example: Colston in NO he came in and made an impact right away as a 7th rder... Charles Johnson learning Mike Martz system in his rookie year still showed flashes of greatness 2nd year... one of the best in the NFC... We can't spend years trying to develop WR's we draft late in the rounds. If there is no sign of hope after a year or hell half way through the year we need to keep it movin and look else where other spots can develop but great even good WRs show it early on... D-Will has NOT shown that...
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he has shown he can be a decent player, but I agree everyone on here overrated the hell out of him.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

What about Ramses Barden?

What about this guy in the draft? He is the style of WR we need. I wouldn't be totally against it. But it seems like he has Clarence Moore written all over him. So I was wondering what do you think?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ses-Barden.php
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Words.............Phil Loadholt!!

Gaither at LT, Loadholt to RT UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think we need to go WR in the 1st... we have a great scouting department that will find that productive gem for the Defense.. but we need to add some horses on Offense to help Flacco...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
2 Words.............Phil Loadholt!!

Gaither at LT, Loadholt to RT UNSTOPPABLE!!!
I guess we would also need Herrman Johnson at guard and Max Unger at C.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we would also need Herrman Johnson at guard and Max Unger at C.
No we have young and good players at those positions, why would we do that?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
No we have young and good players at those positions, why would we do that?
I guess you didn't get the joke because Gaither and Load are like 6-8" and Herrman is the biggest guard in like league history and Unger is a 6-5" center, but yeah. Although in all seriousness if we don't retain Jason Brown that's a huge problem as he's the best O-lineman on the team and capable of playing C and Guard.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess you didn't get the joke because Gaither and Load are like 6-8" and Herrman is the biggest guard in like league history and Unger is a 6-5" center, but yeah. Although in all seriousness if we don't retain Jason Brown that's a huge problem as he's the best O-lineman on the team and capable of playing C and Guard.
Could Yanda move to C? I know they tried him there in training camp, but i don't know how he fared. From what they've been saying he will be ready for next season. If we don't keep him and Yanda can't play C, Unger and Mack become real possibilities in the first. Wow that would suck.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote