Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan State will be a one seed if they keep going like they are IMHO. Big Ten has a high RPI score and we have the toughest schedule of any conference (combined).

I'll also pick UNC, Pittsburgh, and hmmm...I don't think Wake keeps up this pace, my hatred for Duke will keep me from naming them a #1 (sorry TT ;))...I''ll choose my other one later.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'll go with Oklahoma. Guard play is good and they have the best big man in the country.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what is everyone's opinion of Arizona State? I'm curious as to what people see/expect from this team.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big win for Tennessee tonight in Nashville against Vandy. (Hope this doesn't jinx it)
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Big win for Tennessee tonight in Nashville against Vandy. (Hope this doesn't jinx it)
Both of those teams looked HORRIBLE. Vandy couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat (although they lost most of their offense from last year). Tennessee was more focused on showboating after every play than actually playing. Posing after getting a bucket and the foul. I can't stand watching Pearl's team play, it's streetball. No movement, just one on one crap.

They have some talent but when your coach is an idiot, it won't take you very far.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan is finally coming back down to reality...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Michigan is finally coming back down to reality...
Yup. Live by the three, die by the three. They need a big man badly.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Both of those teams looked HORRIBLE. Vandy couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat (although they lost most of their offense from last year). Tennessee was more focused on showboating after every play than actually playing. Posing after getting a bucket and the foul. I can't stand watching Pearl's team play, it's streetball. No movement, just one on one crap.

They have some talent but when your coach is an idiot, it won't take you very far.
Dude haven't you heard? Here at Tennessee we don't use fundamentals, we use negromentals.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how sweetness can't go without seeing a single Tennessee-related post without commenting on his hatred of Bruce Pearl. We get it, sweetness. You don't like him. Let it go.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Dude haven't you heard? Here at Tennessee we don't use fundamentals, we use negromentals.
Dat shyt be off da chain, yo! AND1 Mixtape, hear we is! Holla at sum gangstas.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Dat shyt be off da chain, yo! AND1 Mixtape, hear we is! Holla at sum gangstas.
Renaldo Woolridge just released his mixtape the other day. I saw it on his facebook. The best song is "Baller Vol", check it out. HAHA.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I love how sweetness can't go without seeing a single Tennessee-related post without commenting on his hatred of Bruce Pearl. We get it, sweetness. You don't like him. Let it go.
Oh I know, I'll try and refrain from it. :D

But in all fairness Voodoo commented on last nights game (which I watched most of). Even people who don't hate Pearl think he's a mediocre coach, I know there are a couple UK fans on here who feel that he's not a good coach. So not only am I not fond of him, I'm not fond of watchin his teams play.

I dislike Coach K and Duke, but as far as coaching he's very good and usually his teams execute very well.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For realz yo. I was surprised he didn't call Pearl a slime ball anywhere in that last post.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Huge game tonight at LSU for us. A win and we got a two game cushion in the SEC west.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

As for the 1 Seeds, I say UNC, Wake, Pitt, and I'll go with Oklahoma too.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll also pick UNC, Pittsburgh, and hmmm...I don't think Wake keeps up this pace, my hatred for Duke will keep me from naming them a #1 (sorry TT ;))...I''ll choose my other one later.
What's new? Duke haters will complain they don't deserve a 1 seed (when they actually will), then I'll defend it and Duke will won't make it to the final four, ha.

Quote:
I dislike Coach K and Duke, but as far as coaching he's very good and usually his teams execute very well.
I can see not liking Duke, but how can one hate Coach K? He's about as good as of person as there is, and he won gold for 'merica. He made one of the the best ( probably the best) program in the country from the ground up.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I dislike Coach K because he stands on the sidelines, curses like a drunken sailor at the refs to try and get foul calls. In Maui last year he and his staff skipped all the festivities and were extremely cocky, heard that from first hand reports. He probably isn't the only one who does it but that is why I dislike him. Other coaches I dislike are Self, Pitino, Huggy Bear, and Matta (but not near as much as the other guys.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Villanova can get this win that would be absolutely huge. I don't think they're a tournament team unless they get a win against a competent team. Not that I think they will, but on the off chance they do that would be really significant for their confidence and chances of getting into the NCAA's.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I know, I'll try and refrain from it. :D

But in all fairness Voodoo commented on last nights game (which I watched most of). Even people who don't hate Pearl think he's a mediocre coach, I know there are a couple UK fans on here who feel that he's not a good coach. So not only am I not fond of him, I'm not fond of watchin his teams play.

Yeah as a Kentucky fan, i'm not a big fan of Pearl. I mean the guy is a great recruiter, but he doesn't run a great offense and his players don't know how to really buckle down on D. I also do have a bit of a mancrush on Gillespie, I just flat out love the guy as a coach and how he can get everything out of a player.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Northwestern just beat MSU @ MSU...Damn!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Northwestern just beat MSU @ MSU...Damn!
Makes the Minnesota loss @ Northwestern less stinging although the Gophers lost the game more than NU won it.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wayneeeeeee
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Wayne Ellington always seems to kill Clemson...
Old 01-21-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it.. last year in 3 games (inclouding the ACC ship) he was averaging 29.4 agaisnt them
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So, what is everyone's opinion of Arizona State? I'm curious as to what people see/expect from this team.
Well, they aren't as good as USC...that's for sure.;)