Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pit Bull #53 I think your avatar is why Jeff is going to play baseball lol.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
LICowboyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
I think he can be a solid tight end, but he was marred by injuries this year, I think.
:P

lol
Old 02-19-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SillyRyno
Rookie

SillyRyno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bust!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex will be fine - he's not exactly surrounded with talent but the he and the team are improving. Ok so he's probably not going to be Peyton Manning but I do think he'll be a top 5-10 QB in the league.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just needs Dwayne Jarrett, and a good QB coach, and he'll develop into a great-elite QB.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH
He just needs Dwayne Jarrett, and a good QB coach, and he'll develop into a great-elite QB.

lol What is Mike Williams Jr going to do for us?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is the youngest starting QB in the league, younger than Leinart, Cutler, Young, or Jackson. I thought he looked great when I watched him play.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
LICowboyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
Quote:

why does everybody keep saying Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett are the same?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 NFL MVP

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.
Bryant is pretty good and he has a good O-Line.

How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?
I see where you're coming from, and I think Eli has received a lot of unwarranted criticism for a young quarterback who is still developing, but there are a few of reasons.

1. Smith was the first pick in a weak draft class, whereas Eli was the first pick in an absolutely stacked draft class.
2. People understood there would be growing pains for Smith, as he didn't run a pro style offense in college.
3. Eli has an NFL pedigree.
4. Of the two quarterbacks selected after Eli, one had the best quarterback rating ever for a rookie and won a Superbowl and the other one has made the Pro Bowl.
5. The talent difference between the Giants and 49ers isn't even close.
6. Eli plays in a huge market, whereas Smith plays in a small one.
The Bay Area is not a small market, but I agree with most of your other points.

I'd like to also emphasize the lack of talent on the 49ers offense, besides Frank Gore.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niner84
Quote:
Quote:

why does everybody keep saying Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett are the same?
For real, Jarrett is awesome, Williams is a douche
Old 02-19-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How come everyone and their mother is against Eli, But Smith was selected with the same pick 1 year later and no one says anything when Eli greatly outplayed Smith?
This is because loudmouth Giants fans acted like Eli was the next Montana and 49er fans just pray Smith wasn't a complete bust.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's progressing nicely but it may be alittle of a setback losing Norv Turner but he will be successful if they can get him weapons

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Ginn would be a horrible parring with Smith, i think they should trade up with there second pick IF someone like Meach/Rice/Bowe fell early in the second round.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
Quote:
This is because loudmouth Giants fans acted like Eli was the next Montana and 49er fans just pray Smith wasn't a complete bust.
Exactly. Giants fans deserve all the criticism pointed at Manning because of their ridiculous homerism.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
Old 02-19-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat
Ginn would be a horrible parring with Smith, i think they should trade up with there second pick IF someone like Meach/Rice/Bowe fell early in the second round.
Agreed. They need a pass rusher or a run stuffer.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16_SFfan_80
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
I like the guy but he has no talent around him other than Gore and with Norv gone i see him struggling a bit here without any true #1 WR.

I see where you're coming from, and I think Eli has received a lot of unwarranted criticism for a young quarterback who is still developing, but there are a few of reasons.

1. Smith was the first pick in a weak draft class, whereas Eli was the first pick in an absolutely stacked draft class.
2. People understood there would be growing pains for Smith, as he didn't run a pro style offense in college.
4. Of the two quarterbacks selected after Eli, one had the best quarterback rating ever for a rookie and won a Superbowl and the other one has made the Pro Bowl.

I'd like to also emphasize the lack of talent on the 49ers offense, besides Frank Gore.
Eh...the New York market pretty much dwarfs all the other markets in the league.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Mike Williams sat out a year. That rust screwed him over. Jarrett compares better to Plaxico Burress(maybe without character concern).
Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike Williams sat out a year. That rust screwed him over. Jarrett compares better to Plaxico Burress(maybe without character concern).
Dwayne Jarrett is better than Mike Williams when they were at USC

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keyshawn Johnson.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU

Eh...the New York market pretty much dwarfs all the other markets in the league.

Theres also 2 teams here. I dont really have any facts, but It seems like the 49ers have a larger national fanbase then the Giants.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dwayne Jarrett is better than Mike Williams when they were at USC
Hell no. Mike Williams had back to back 1,000+ yard seasons. Mike Williams had back to back All-America seasons. Mike Williams was to be the best WR in college, until he tried to declare early.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU

Theres also 2 teams here. I dont really have any facts, but It seems like the 49ers have a larger national fanbase then the Giants.
Both NY and the Bay Area have 2 teams, but the NY media is definitely the craziest in sports. Players are either a hero or a goat with them.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Alex a lot coming out, and I still do. That said, losing Norv hurts. Norv was a great offensive guy ... but more than that, moving to his 3rd system in 3 years ... not the best way to have growth. That said, they seemed to find a rhythm last year with the power run game. Without Norv, I think they need to give stronger concern to getting offensive playmakers, because the talent surrounding Alex Smith right now likely isn't enough to help him go another notch.

We have to wait and see who the OC is, though, to speculate further. Not a big fan of Jerry Sullivan.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
WeaselBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
I liked Alex a lot coming out, and I still do. That said, losing Norv hurts. Norv was a great offensive guy ... but more than that, moving to his 3rd system in 3 years ... not the best way to have growth. That said, they seemed to find a rhythm last year with the power run game. Without Norv, I think they need to give stronger concern to getting offensive playmakers, because the talent surrounding Alex Smith right now likely isn't enough to help him go another notch.

We have to wait and see who the OC is, though, to speculate further. Not a big fan of Jerry Sullivan.

I'm rooting for ken zampese to get the job. Hopefully, the bengals will let us interview him. I know he refused to interview for the dolphins because he wouldn't get full control of the offense with cam cameron there. Nolan would give him absolute control over the offense, so it'd be an ideal situation for him.