Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-18-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Julius Peppers - Seattle Seahawk?

Would be ideal to acquire in FA. If we get him:
1) We solidify the DE position. Have him on one side and Kerney/Tapp on the other.
2) We get the pass rush needed for the Tampa 2 D.
3) DE goes from weakness to strength immediately.
4) We can pick offense rounds 1 and 2, if there is no solid secondary player there and Curry is gone, and have no second thoughts.

The real questions are: Will he come here and do we have the cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about our cap situation, but the folks on 950 KJR were talking about bringing in Albert Haynesworth so I am going to assume that we do have the cap for it.

You do bring up a lot of good points, but I don't think that Kerney/Tapp will rotate exclusively. This year the Seahawks rotated like every third series and the back-ups would come in and play that series.

As for if he would come to Seattle, I really think it would take a couple of factors:
1) Does he like the weather?
2) Does he want to play in front of one of greatest home field advantages in the NFL?
3) Can Jim Mora sell himself and what they are going to do enough to Peppers to get him to actually want to come here?

I really am not going to hold my breath for either Peppers or Haynesworth, although we probably have a better shot with Peppers, who did happen to play against Mora quite a bit while Mora was still with Atlanta.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found the following article on nfl.com

I think we can pretty much rule out Peppers coming to Seattle. He wants to play in a 3-4. That's why he's not going back to Carolina.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow. I respect his decision but wow.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its just a tactic him and his GM thought of to get more money. It would be dumb of him to move to a 34.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

While we're talking about people coming to Seattle.

Okay, the list I found of FA was not up to date. It was actually last years list, so...

Anyways I would like to see Houshmanzadeh come up to Seattle.

Last edited by summond822 : 01-18-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

That would be nice. I just hope we dont trade for anyone really.

Quote:

Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Yeah...that Keary Colbert trade to Denver really worked out well...

Complete waste of a draft pick.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are the chances that you guys let Rocky Bernard go? Ted Thompson, the guy who scouted/drafted him, wanted him the last time he hit the market. So what are your thoughts on him leaving?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Hawkeye
Rookie

Hawkeye hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say the odds of him leaving are really good. He had his break out year and then put up some average seasons after that. I just dont see us signing him back. Plus he punched his girlfriend in the forehead. Thats a no no for Ruskell.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Yeah, but then so did Sean Locklear a couple of years ago, or was it a DUI...whatever doesn't matter.

Sometimes Ruskell gives guys a second chance if it's a one time thing and they produce on the field. I don't think Bernard produces enough on the field for Ruskell to keep.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

yeah I dont think so either. Rocky is getting pretty old too i think.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way Peppers comes here. He is an East Coast guy and also said he doesnt want to be in a 4-3 anymore. I can see his point because guys like Ware and Harrison are dominated as a rush LB in the 3-4.

Nice to dream though.

Last edited by cacksman : 01-26-2009 at 08:10 PM.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote