Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I hope we hire Cable. All the players seem to want him to stay( includes Aso and we need to sign him) and he has shown that he can call plays. We need to find a DC that likes to blitz LB's so we can get more pressure on the QB. Hopefully we can land a NT like Brace in round 3. That would help our D ALOT
Spags would rule but I doubt it
Old 01-18-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Bring in Kirk Frentz to coach the Offensive Line, let Hue Jackson run the O and bring in someone that is seasoned to coach the D like Dom Capers if the Giants don't sign him. That would go a LOOONNNNGGG way to quieting the haters of the Raiders... and give the young talent you have some Great Coaching to help make them better...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now I think its going to be..

HC - Tom Cable
DC - Don Martindale

I have no idea who we can get as OC, Bates won't come to Oakland so that's disappointing. I don't know who its going to be but its a very important hire.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3842703

Sources: Oakland Raiders' Don Martindale could get top job - ESPN

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Last edited by bernbabybern820 : 01-18-2009 at 07:31 PM.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3842703

Sources: Oakland Raiders' Don Martindale could get top job - ESPN
Someone with a defensive background on our staff no less getting consideration for the top job, damn. This may be partly a protective measure in case we lose him to one of those listed teams also interested in him. I'm still kinda hoping Cable gets the job, but it's looking less likely now.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2...-hc-interview/

“Michael Smith’s story is totally untrue. Once again, ESPN has chosen to air something that has no basis in fact. It is true that Mr. Davis met with Don Martindale for a couple of hours, but it had nothing to do with becoming the head coach,” Raiders senior executive John Herrera said.

“We think highly of Don Martindale. He had a 2 1/2-hour interview with Mr. Davis that entered on the defense.”
That's my Raiders.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that we are only waiting on Todd Haley and that its between him and Cable.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I have a feeling that we are only waiting on Todd Haley and that its between him and Cable.
Well if it's between them two, I'd prefer Haley but I doubt he wants to come here. If he's out of the equation, just hire Cable already, Talk Martindale into staying as D coordinator and find us an O coordinator.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we might be waiting on Haley, which kind of sucks, not having a coach in place for the Senior Bowl.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

Looks like Linehan is going to get an interview for OC in a few days.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:

Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Cable and Linehan have a past, and Linehan is the fan of the downfield passing attack. I bet he gets hired, i think he's a decent coordinator, and would be better than Al Saunders. So I'm OK with it.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Linehan over Saunders as well. I'm not a big fan of Saunders, he gets all this hype as being a great o-coordinator but I seem to remember his last couple of teams not having much success on offense and his playbooks have been described as large and hard to learn.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
RBolyar2

Everyone seems to be jumping on this Todd Haley bandwagon...

Has there been any official rumors outside of a few ESPN brains saying there's interest?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hate Cable. I really hope Gilbride gets the job.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you hate Cable?

Even more, why are you hoping for Gilbride of all people? He demonstrated nothing positive as a HC the last time around. Some guys are just meant to be coordinators.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

damn al is a headcase he always waits to the last minute to pick a coach what a wack job.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote