Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Two. From both years.

It's like. Not beer. And it's called utopia. and it is not THAT great. just pretty damn weird.
I saw the commercial with that in it. I went and looked up the price and then began laughing. I then proceeded to go buy PBR light, out of spite.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two. From both years.

It's like. Not beer. And it's called utopia. and it is not THAT great. just pretty damn weird.
AQ I thought you died?

I tried it. icky.

Brent still been hausin' down the shiner?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Quote:
Two. From both years.

Its actually Utopias.

And it does taste pretty good. Has a fruit like taste to it I thought. Not sure how you get a 27% alcohol beer to taste fruity. Stuff costs around 200 bucks for the 'of year' bottle, more if you want a bit older of one. Still don't know why my friend spend so much money on essentially a 5th of beer.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, and I remember someone ( jughead I think) saying Bells two hearted ale wasn't that good. BS, Its delicious. I was drinking one last night and thinking to myself " how could someone not love this". So damn good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh yeah, and I remember someone ( jughead I think) saying Bells two hearted ale wasn't that good. BS, Its delicious. I was drinking one last night and thinking to myself " how could someone not love this". So damn good.
It's good. I just think there are a numerous amount of better IPAs out there.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Drowe, Have you had Bells' Hopslam yet?

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
we have wooman's. massive grocery store with a massive liquor store attatched.

Woodmans huh?

I never thought about checking them out as having a good selection. There is a Woodmans right off of highway 41 correct?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Drowe, Have you had Bells' Hopslam yet?
Drowe, where are you? I'm trying to decide if i want to drop 15 bucks on a six pack of it. Need some input. I Know you're a bells ****.

they get smoked.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Hopslam is pretty tasty if you like that German type strong taste, but ya its quite expensive. The upside to it being 16 dollars is alcohol wise 1 hopslam is equivalent to a little over 3 normal beers. Its very strong, in taste and alcohol percentage (I want to say its 17%).
Old 01-30-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24oz bottles were on sale at Spec's. Win.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

I have a bunch of Stella Artois glasses but have never actually drank it. I like to make white russians in them!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I find Stella to be good. And for the price, I certainly cannot complain.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 Bigfoot = F'n awesome, as always.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Peefington View Post
Hopslam is pretty tasty if you like that German type strong taste, but ya its quite expensive. The upside to it being 16 dollars is alcohol wise 1 hopslam is equivalent to a little over 3 normal beers. Its very strong, in taste and alcohol percentage (I want to say its 17%).
Never had the chance to try hopslam, but I know it shouldn't taste German at all and it's somewhere around 10% ABV.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Never had the chance to try hopslam, but I know it shouldn't taste German at all and it's somewhere around 10% ABV.
Youre right it is around 10%, still rather strong. But to me it does taste like a bitter German beer. Especially the after taste that it leaves. I had some right from the tap up at the Bell's brewery in K-Zoo as well.

I've been liking Trader Joe's for getting beer lately. They have a lot of knock off beers of more expensive stuff. For example, they have Hopsfest instead of Hopslam. Goes for a lot of other types of beer, except they all cost around 4-5 dollars a sixer and are 100% better than similarly priced beer from the liquor store.

Last edited by Butch Peefington : 01-31-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

They started stocking Three Philosophers at the liquor store here.

That's supposed to be pretty tasty, right? I saw it was like 9.8%, which is nuts.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

So my friend just got a job at the local "specialty" liquor store here in town about a month ago. Last night he informs me that he can sell me anything I want at a huge reduced cost. I got the Hopslam for 4 bucks a six pack( reg $16) and a 750 of Crown Royal Special reserve for 10 bucks(reg $50). This is awesome.

they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Quote:
So my friend just got a job at the local "specialty" liquor store here in town about a month ago. Last night he informs me that he can sell me anything I want at a huge reduced cost. I got the Hopslam for 4 bucks a six pack( reg $16) and a 750 of Crown Royal Special reserve for 10 bucks(reg $50). This is awesome.
Lol there is absolutely no way the owners of the store can ok that. He must really like you!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Peefington View Post
Lol there is absolutely no way the owners of the store can ok that. He must really like you!
They're just oblivious old guys actually. They let him drink on the job and too. I need to apply.

they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Quote:
They're just oblivious old guys actually. They let him drink on the job and too. I need to apply.
Ya I would probably enjoy myself working there. You should definitely get that app in haha
Old 01-31-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They started stocking Three Philosophers at the liquor store here.

That's supposed to be pretty tasty, right? I saw it was like 9.8%, which is nuts.
That was my recommendation earlier in the thread and one of my personal favorites. If you're a beer drinker you won't be disappointed, definitely worth the buy.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get me a bottle of this please - :)

Old 01-31-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That was my recommendation earlier in the thread and one of my personal favorites. If you're a beer drinker you won't be disappointed, definitely worth the buy.
I just got back from the liquor store and got a bottle. I remembered someone suggesting it so I figured it was worth the try ($8 bucks or so for a bottle).

Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just got back from the liquor store and got a bottle. I remembered someone suggesting it so I figured it was worth the try ($8 bucks or so for a bottle).
Right on, lemme know what you think.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Right on, lemme know what you think.
Most definitely. I am pretty excited haha.