Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PSU's Battle is on fire right now, just launching up off balance 3s @ MSU.

Oh, and Iowa is going to clobber Illinois. And by clobber, I mean hopefully keep it close.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State and Northwestern's emergence this year is making the Big 10 a very, very strong conference. Outside of Indiana and Iowa (sorry treat), the Big 10 as a whole has definitely improved over last year.

We don't have the top heavy teams the ACC/Big East do but we do have depth.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
So I definitely had an interesting day.

I got up at 5:30 to go to Thompson-Boiling for Gameday. I waited 2 hours in the cold before they finally let us in. Thank god they provided some chicken biscuits to everyone once we got there. Gameday was awesome as I got some serious face time. Once we finished Gameday at 12, we had about a 1.5 hour break until we had to be back at 2 to get our position back in line.

They handed out wristbands to everyone that got up early to go to Gameday so they would be the first ones into the game. But you had to be there at 2. The gates didn't open til 7:30. So I waited and waited and waited. But I did have the essentials : deck of cards, donuts, energy drinks, and my iPod.

One memorable moment was when we were all crowded around a TV watching the closing moments of the USC/Kentucky game when Bruce Pearl came out and passed out 45 pizzas to everyone. He gave a nice little spiel about how he knows we are tired of losing and how he was "ready to kick some Gator ass!" Classy Bruce, haha.

So 7:30 finally rolls around, and we are practically rioting. Chanting, banging on the doors, just going nuts. They eventually open the doors and there was no chance in hell we were going to wait to get patted down by the officers. We bullrushed them, and finally we were in. Me and my roommate sprinted to our seats and while we didn't get 1st row, we were sitting pretty in the 2nd row of the student section. Crazy good view.

I think most of you know how the game went so no need in explaining that.

Go Vols!!!!!

AND OH YEAH THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you tried to grab those hogs.

P.S. she's a packer fan... Nice.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I hope you tried to grab those hogs.

P.S. she's a packer fan... Nice.
Even better, she went to Florida and was there to see them get that ass beat last night.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa up 25-22 over Illinois @ half!!!!

At least we are good at D.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Iowa up 25-22 over Illinois @ half!!!!

At least we are good at D.
Illinois has really had a rough weak offensively; it would kill them to drop one to the Hawkeyes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Illinois has really had a rough weak offensively; it would kill them to drop one to the Hawkeyes
And it would make my entire basketball season. But we blew a 13 point lead late to PSU, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

EDIT: Well, at least we weren't embarrassed. Really good game though, we just came out in the 2nd half slow and paid for it. Oh well.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 02-01-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you came out slow, I think Illinois woke up. We had no energy in the first half. You guys actually hit a bunch of shots and played good defense, so it's not like you folded. We started to pick up the pace on both ends and it paid off.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I don't think you came out slow, I think Illinois woke up. We had no energy in the first half. You guys actually hit a bunch of shots and played good defense, so it's not like you folded. We started to pick up the pace on both ends and it paid off.
I think we scored something like 5 points from like minute 11 to 7 or something like that. Either way, Illinois came out to win in the 2nd half and we just couldn't keep up, which was really to be expected. I do like our defensive effort this year, but our offense really, really needs work. That said, we are incredibly young, our starting 5 were 2 frosh, 2 soph, and a junior who is a backup, so I think games like this are good for our future.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-02-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or have there been a lot more upsets this year than in recent years? It seems like everyone is beatable
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top two teams in the Horizon League, #17 Butler (19-1, 10-0) and UW-Green Bay (17-6, 9-2), face off tonight at the Resch Center. I think the Phoenix have a real good shot of knocking off the darlings of the conference and give Todd Kowalczyk his most impressive win as coach.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez another typically horrible game for Earl Clark in the national spotlight. He's got to be like 1 for 15 in the first half. Ugh still hate how many consider him a top 10 prospect. Yes he's tall, long, and shows flashes of being a Rashard Lewis type player but IMO he will never reach his potential and has a horrible basketball IQ. Terrence Williams really needs to be touching the ball every play of the game to either create of himself or a teammate.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 Team in the country. Just proved. Few teams were hotter than Louisville. They just shut them down. Held them to a season low 51 points. Thabeet still is overrated on the offensive end, but he completely changes the game defensively. Best team in the country until someone else steps up.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UWGB is up 48-38 on Butler with 13 minutes left in the game.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

GB upsets Butler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
#1 Team in the country. Just proved. Few teams were hotter than Louisville. They just shut them down. Held them to a season low 51 points. Thabeet still is overrated on the offensive end, but he completely changes the game defensively. Best team in the country until someone else steps up.
It still pisses me off that he can't hold onto the ball when he gets hacked, but at least he made his FTs when I was watching.

Adrien is such a beast <3. I want him to try out in the NFL so bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm envious of anyone who gets their picture with Erin Andrews. Can't believe UT blew UF out so bad, maybe they're starting to get it together.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It still pisses me off that he can't hold onto the ball when he gets hacked, but at least he made his FTs when I was watching.

Adrien is such a beast <3. I want him to try out in the NFL so bad.
He's the next Jason Maxiell. No need for the NFL.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm envious of anyone who gets their picture with Erin Andrews. Can't believe UT blew UF out so bad, maybe they're starting to get it together.
Florida's not nearly as good as their record lets on and Tennessee isn't as bad as their record. It's a tale of schedule differential for the most part.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

PalmerToCJ, ready to lose tonight :D

In all honesty though, UK by 10

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
He's the next Jason Maxiell. No need for the NFL.
I know he's good enough for the NBA, but he has ridiculous NFL potential with his athletic ability/physical nature.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Florida's not nearly as good as their record lets on and Tennessee isn't as bad as their record. It's a tale of schedule differential for the most part.
Well Florida's SOS is always awful but Tennessee hasn't been playing good lately. I expected UT to win but not slaughter them like they did, that was the surprising part.

Croom... I just want an evenly called game to be honest, the officials have killed us the last two games, especially the USC game.

Given how UK and MSU are the 1 and 2 shot blocking teams in the nation... I think we might see a block or two lol.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I want to throw up.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I want to throw up.
:D

Jarvis Varnado's 7 blocks were most satisfying

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me I'm not the only one watching the Devan Downey Show on ESPN right now. It might be in a losing effort but his performance down the stretch here has been absolutely ridiculous.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote