Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

View Poll Results: now that Herm is officially gone.who will be the Chiefs head coach in 2009?
Mike Shanahan 5 35.71%
Jon Gruden 1 7.14%
Todd Haley 6 42.86%
Leslie Frazier 0 0%
other 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Next Head Coach??

I'm torn between Shanny and Haley but will go with Shanny
Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's gonna be Haley.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that the Chiefs are hiring Haley on the radio this morning on my ride into work. Any links?
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking but haven't heard anything.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also just heard the rumor we were trying to get Matt Cassel. God that would be HORRIBLE!

BOE, DON'T LET THEM DO THIS TO US!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard the most rumors about Todd Haley, and I think it would be a good hire. Not that my opinion matters, haha, but I'll say Todd Haley.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather have Shanahan but I think it will be haley

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it'll be anyone we have heard of. I'm not sure where the next guy will come from but I'm getting the feeling we won't get some big name.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind swapping 1st to get Cassel lol im not believing anything but i have no clue

pay rookei qb number 3 pick money
or Cassell that money... i dunno :(

speaking off that a pig just flew past my window at work

hmm

Last edited by bored of education : 02-02-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Is Cassel really THAT much better than Thigpen though? Look at the offense he was in, it was RECORD SETTING last year, and their defense played decently well this season. Would he really be better in our system than Thigpen?

Also, the Chiefs are extremely bad at drafting and developing a QB. The last QB we drafted to win a playoff game was Len Dawson. That should say something.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be Haley as well but I have mixed feelings about the pick if it happens.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Is Cassel really THAT much better than Thigpen though? Look at the offense he was in, it was RECORD SETTING last year, and their defense played decently well this season. Would he really be better in our system than Thigpen?

Also, the Chiefs are extremely bad at drafting and developing a QB. The last QB we drafted to win a playoff game was Len Dawson. That should say something.
And the Chiefs didn't even draft Dawson, so that really says something.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the Chiefs running the same system. It's going to be a whole new coaching staff and a whole new system. Thigpen has to improve at dropping back, because he can't run out of the pistol all the time. He needs to develop into a pocket passer to keep defenses honest.

I'm not high on Cassel at all. And I surely don't want to trade the 3rd pick to New England.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
And the Chiefs didn't even draft Dawson, so that really says something.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the Chiefs running the same system. It's going to be a whole new coaching staff and a whole new system. Thigpen has to improve at dropping back, because he can't run out of the pistol all the time. He needs to develop into a pocket passer to keep defenses honest.

I'm not high on Cassel at all. And I surely don't want to trade the 3rd pick to New England.
Wow. You're right. I thought I read somewhere that we drafted him and I didn't do fact checking but you're right, the Steelers did.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

IM curious as to how the Rooney Rule will be satisfied. I doubt KC hires Haley right away. I still would like to give Leslie Frazier, Maurice Carthon.

Some interesting DC candidates I would like are Keith Butlers (LB coach from the Stillers) and Sean McDermott (Sconday Coach from the Eagles)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

All I know is we have to hire someone soon. A lot of hires have been made already and it's getting late to put a staff together.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2461

chiefs to interview Leslie Frazier

this is who I am guessing KC hires

guess i was lying

idiot boezo!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope it's Frazier over Haley, that's all I can say!