Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GA WR Tai-ler Jones picks up offers from 'Bama, Michigan, Vandy and Duke

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/14414/
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

I hope he goes to Duke
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I hope he goes to Duke
Haha. The ND folks seem awfully confident about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. The ND folks seem awfully confident about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.
not a lock or anything but yeah i feel we have a really good shot at him. we was really woawed when we offered.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

According to Scout, Michigan has offered OH DB Latwan Anderson.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Cooper >>> your recruits.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
False. My team has Ricardo Miller and he rules the free world.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
jeah and you are so convinced he will stay with illinois, sure it could happen but at the moment it is not really likely.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Derby is the next coming of Charles Woodson.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
AJ Derby is the next coming of Charles Woodson.
NOW YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! THAT'S A ******* SIN RIGHT THERE!

Never again, treat. Never again. :D
Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NOW YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! THAT'S A ******* SIN RIGHT THERE!

Never again, treat. Never again. :D
Ok, I exaggerated. How about next coming of Jesus?

Here's waiting for Charles Jr. though...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It's funny how these things go in cycles. Seems like every area is extremely strong this year and it's not just early hype - most people knew for awhile that 09 was pretty weak. I am also hearing that New Jersey is the strongest it's possibly ever been.
Who said that? It's the complete opposite, NJ looks baddddd. Worse than 09, which was a down year.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to see another Michael Vick in college.

Would be fun. I just doubt seeing a talent like that anytime soon.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

All I want is Jake Heaps to Washington... Then I'll be a happy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I really want to see another Michael Vick in college.

Would be fun. I just doubt seeing a talent like that anytime soon.

There a handful of athletes IMO there will never be a next of. It's nothing to do with greatness, it's just they have a rare combination of amazing skills that you just can never really call anyone the next ____.

Michael Vick is one of them. We will never see a guy with that combo of talent at QB again, IMO*. Barry Sanders is another. His running style was so unique and amazing no one will compare to that again.

*Please no one say OMG Vick was a horrible QB because of whatever and whatever! You miss the point and fail.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
Anthony Barr, ATH
Marvin Robinson, S/CB
Lache Seastrunk, TB
Ronald Powell, DE
Dietrich Riley, S/CB
Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
Tevin McDonald, S/CB
Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
D.J. Morgan, RB
Old 02-05-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
Anthony Barr, ATH
Marvin Robinson, S/CB
Lache Seastrunk, TB
Ronald Powell, DE
Dietrich Riley, S/CB
Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
Tevin McDonald, S/CB
Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
D.J. Morgan, RB
I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.
You mean you haven't offered him yet?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

TexasKing007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Mack Brown does not offer until junior days.

We don't throw out offers like other schools do. That's why we consistently clean up the state. The local kids have been conditioned to think that an offer from Texas is "worth" more than an offer from someone else.

Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

Quote:

Texas is hoping to get him in for a junior day pretty soon. We might offer him if we do.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKing007 View Post
Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.
This sounds like an episode of Flavor of Love.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

Texas will be staying in state for the most part, as usual.

But we are reaching out early to a few guys:

WR Trovon Reed - Thibodaux, LA
WR Tai-ler Jones - Gainesville, GA

Those two will be attending our junior day this weekend and will probably be offered.

LB Jordan Hicks - West Chester, OH

Has apparently been a Texas fan his whole life (weird considering where he lives). We tried to get him in this weekend but he will have to reschedule.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, texas is one of the few schools that can wait before they offer

for wvu's junior day, it's gonna be a lot smaller than rod's were; doc and stew feel it's better to bring in less players and spend more time with them individually, than bring in a lot and spend less time

coaches already have film on 400 prospects and are starting to rank their board; they figure out how many of each position they want, then divide into 3 tiers (tier 1, 2, 3); then rank within those tiers; once all tier 1 players committ somewhere, they start offering tier 2, and so on

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though. Although I heard he already offered Jordan Hicks from OH. I am guessing there will be 5-10 commits this weekend.

Some guys I think might commit are:

WR Darius White
WR Darius Terrell
WR Mike Davis
DT Taylor Bible
DE Reggie Wilson
LB Aaron Benson
LB Corey Nelson
LB Dominique Patterson
DB Rashad Favors
DB Ahmad Dixon
DB Adrian White

Last edited by cdub11 : 02-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though.
yea, but you guys can afford to wait; cuz top in-state will wait on a texas offer, and there is so much talent in texas you dont have to leave the state

other schools dont have the luxury

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote