Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

billy talent = fail

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question: how do NIN get that fuzzy guitar tone? I would love to utilize that in my own playing.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest douchebags in music:

Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Dave Mustaine isnt that much of a d-bag. I mean I don't hold it against him that he was basically removed from Metallica and spent the rest of his career trying to do Metallica, but better. Sure hes a bit bitter but I can think of bigger a-holes.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mustaine is a bit of a d-bag.....but I still loves me some Megadeth, heh
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I have a question: how do NIN get that fuzzy guitar tone? I would love to utilize that in my own playing.
Can you post a link to some sort of example? I might be able to figure it out.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya wouldn't call Mustaine a douche at all

what did he do that qualifies him as douche worthy?

Be better then Metallica?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Ya wouldn't call Mustaine a douche at all

what did he do that qualifies him as douche worthy?

Be better then Metallica?
Probably because Shiver doesn't like the way Mustaine sings? Who knows...

Mustaine rulez.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Can you post a link to some sort of example? I might be able to figure it out.
i'm also assuming it has to do with a pedal that beings with 'fuzz' group of distortion... like a big muff... or sovtek muff pi, or anything with a tube in it.

what amp are you using Shiv?

two additional things:

mustaine rulez.
the number twelve looks like you is also very very very good.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
yes, saw them in december with fall of troy. killed it. they also brought up some kid and found a girl to give him his first kiss ever. cutest thing i've seen at a metal show <3
Old 02-05-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great or greatest?

I actually like Selkes more...but this so is pretty deep.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Great or greatest?

I love that song but Selkies might be their most impressive song to date.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Great or greatest?

wow that sounded terrible, you would love the arizona metal scene

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
wow that sounded terrible, you would love the arizona metal scene
I actually am not into a lot of music like this. but BTBAM is just on another level. If you fast forward about half way through the song....to day 2 it is pretty impressive...and you don't have to deal with the hard screaming at the beginning.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamb of God >>>>>>>>> Between the Buried & Me

Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Lamb of God >>>>>>>>> Between the Buried & Me

Big wrong. Lamb of God has gone from very good to good to average to suck in a short period of time. BTBAM has just gotten better with every album they've produced.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Big wrong. Lamb of God has gone from very good to good to average to suck in a short period of time. BTBAM has just gotten better with every album they've produced.
unfortch true.

I'll still say arsonist is a great btbam song. although i can only listen to so much btbam in one sitting. meaning less than an album. it's too. i don't know. clingy.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, just realized wrong thread.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 02-07-2009 at 12:45 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Mustaine is a bit of a d-bag.....but I still loves me some Megadeth, heh
Quote:
i'm also assuming it has to do with a pedal that beings with 'fuzz' group of distortion... like a big muff... or sovtek muff pi, or anything with a tube in it.

what amp are you using Shiv?

two additional things:

mustaine rulez.
I have a Peavey Valveking 112. I think I need to pimp it out though, the stock speakers aren't that great. But it's the best budget tube amp I could find.

Oh, I love Mustaine as a player. But come on, he is pretty much just a douchebag. There isn't a band, or anyone for that matter, that he hasn't gotten into a feud with.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I have a Peavey Valveking 112. I think I need to pimp it out though, the stock speakers aren't that great. But it's the best budget tube amp I could find.

Oh, I love Mustaine as a player. But come on, he is pretty much just a douchebag. There isn't a band, or anyone for that matter, that he hasn't gotten into a feud with.
shoulda got the 5150...

go try out muffs. add some phasers and delay and you got win.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:31 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
shoulda got the 5150...

go try out muffs. add some phasers and delay and you got win.
5150 is prolly the only Peavey I would actually buy.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
5150 is prolly the only Peavey I would actually buy.
ditto.

and not the new EVH ones...

Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I've had this Jackson since I was 13 but I dont know what kind it is. It's a total metal guitar. There is a Jackson factory in Ft. Worth, which where I took this to for refurbishing when I found it in a pawn shop but I cant remember what they said it was worth.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I wish more cool concerts came to KC. The last show I went to was last year, when I saw Thrice. Freaking Omaha gets Cynic/Meshuggah and we don't. It is stupid.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

Meh. Hate the BTBAM vocals with a passion. They sound absolutely awful.

Also, Chris Adler > * (well, not Danny Carey)

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 02-11-2009 at 02:52 PM.