Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-07-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Team expected to cut S Huff

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/019373.html

They are also expected to not re-sign Justin Miller.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've got a lot more deserving players on that secondary anyways with Aso, Routt and Johnson needing a bit more spending money soon.

Miller's just a ST player anyways.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Yay another wasted Oakland draft pick!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zomg, he looked up to Woodson bring him to GREEN BAY!!!! I know he hasn't lived up to what everyone thought he would but imo, he needs to be further developed and he wasn't in Oakland.

We can give him an opportunity at CB and S since we will be running a zone scheme.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 02-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really expected Huff to be a good player.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought by now Huff would have been one of the top 10 Safteys in the league. Thought he would have a Ed Reed effect for us. I hope we can find a decent FS that can cover decent and make a tackle every once in a while

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team has missed on the last two first round safeties they've drafted (Gibson, Huff). Eric Berry better not come here after next season or he's gonna bust! :)

In all seriousness, this was probably the right move for both Huff and the Raiders and I'm sure he'll find better success elsewhere because it's been clear since he arrived here that he's not exactly the greatest fit for our defense, under Ryan at least.

By now he's had his fair share of chances in a variety of different spots in the secondary. I still don't believe he has the hip fluidity to play corner, we'll have to see if his next team actually gives it a thought.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt he did a solid job in coverage, he just never made any big plays. He also struggled with tackling, but then again our D was so bad that our DB's got put in way too many bad spots. He definitely has not lived up to his draft status at this point, but if we cut him I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he finds himself in a better situation.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We suck at drafting DBs and Al keeps doing it.

2001, Round 1 - Derrick Gibson - BUST
2002, Round 1 - Phillip Buchanon - BUST
2003, Round 1 - Nnamdi Asomugha - ELITE
2004, Round 3 - Stuart Schweigert - BUST
2005, Round 1 - Fabian Washington - BUST
2005, Round 2 - Stanford Routt - Average
2006, Round 1 - Michael Huff - BUST

Wow, what a waste. 1 good player, 1.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I really hadn't realized we took so many 1st round DB's.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huff deserves a shot at CB before he's labeled a bust. Aso looked like **** his first couple years as well, if we take the time to remember.

Some 'niks projected Huff to CB anyway, and he's definitely better suited outside than at safety from a build perspective.

Besides, Aso is only ours for one more season unless something dramatic happens. He wants out, and I very seriously doubt Al will be able to talk him out of that position.

Chris Johnson is a FA coming off an All pro caliber season. He may re-sign, but we're kidding ourselves if we think his phone isn't ringing off the hook. He'll have much better options than staying here, and he may well entertain those options.

Stanford Routt, as a starter, scares me.

Bowie? Kill me now.

With our CB depth chart standing with one foot out the door, cutting Huff now would be incredibly stupid. But, then again, stupid is what we do best.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Huff didnt have the toughness to play pro football ......he had the intangibles to be a good safety but he lacked the toughness which made a really big different ......a safety that is afraid to hit isnt going to do much in pro football
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote