Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who has the edge to take over?
Aaron Corp 9 18.75%
Mitch Mustain 36 75.00%
Matt Barkley 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

onside chance, like the same chance one has of recovering an onside kick! We all know Mustain, so we pick him, but I think Corp will get the gig.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yep, good analogy. I think Corp will get the gig but it will be a close one for Carroll in making his decision. Mustain went 8-0 or something like that as a starter at Arkansas in the SEC so we know he can play but I think something about Corp makes me feel like he has more confidence in his abilities and I think his mobility out of the pocket will be a strong asset for the offense next season.
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
QB U?

5 active USC qbs in the league next year? wow.

what are the chances, corp and mustain are first rounders too?
vice-QB U.

Michigan still has Tom Brady, Brian Griese, Chad Henne, Todd Collins, and Drew Henson. Matt Gutierrez kinda counts, and John Navarre is currently a FA.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
vice-QB U.

Michigan still has Tom Brady, Brian Griese, Chad Henne, Todd Collins, and Drew Henson. Matt Gutierrez kinda counts, and John Navarre is currently a FA.
yay for drew henson!

he shoulda stuck to baseball.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Corp bandwagon. Been reading the practice reports from last spring, and he is legit. Mustain might have the bigger arm, but Corp seems to have better intangibles.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I'm on the Corp bandwagon. Been reading the practice reports from last spring, and he is legit. Mustain might have the bigger arm, but Corp seems to have better intangibles.
i honestly dont know a ton about Corp, but i have seen Mustain play and i know what to expect out of him.

In the end i just want the guy who is gonna give us our best 11 on the field out there.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i honestly dont know a ton about Corp, but i have seen Mustain play and i know what to expect out of him.

In the end i just want the guy who is gonna give us our best 11 on the field out there.
Exactly.

I guess we should be thankful that Pete will have to pick the best of three very talented QB's. There were days when that wasnt so...

Last edited by ruthlessrussian : 02-17-2009 at 10:11 AM.
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems to me that Mustain would of been promised the job, otherwise why would he leave Arkansas, to come here and hold a clipboard? I doubt he wants to transfer twice, so I think at the very least he'll get a shot and see what he makes of it, unless Corp just outplays him without a doubt over Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mustain comes into the spring and probably the fall as the starter. Where it will get interesting is if Barkely (who has enrolled already) wins the backup job. Barkely talent wise i believe is superior to the others and if Mitch falters or gets hurt he may be out and probably for good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote