Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What will Boldin net in a trade?

What will he fetch in a Cardinals trade?

Interesting topic on these boards.

Some think he'll get the Cardinals multiple first round picks (group A) while others think he will get them multiple seconds (group B) or maybe just one first.

I want to reiterate that this is not a thread about what you believe his trade value is- it's about what he will ultimately be traded for.

I'm part of group B and my reasoning is this...

-Wonderful overall player with admirable toughness but some troubling injury history (I don't think this is really arguable- he's played all 16 games just twice in his 6-year career and has missed a total of 16 career games).

-Randy Moss netted a 4th rounder, T.O. a 2nd (That was Baltimore-they got it back, Eagles eventually gave up Brandon Whiting and a 5th), and a young Javon Walker (somewhat similar situation to Boldin), a 2nd. All of those players, in my opinion, were more valuable than what they netted in each trade.

-The entire world knows Boldin wants out of Arizona which means the Cardinals don't have any leverage in trade discussions. This is the key to trade negotiations.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They shouldn't get any less than what the Lions got for Roy Williams
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams and a 7th round pick were traded for 1st, 3rd, and 6th round picks.

That's more likely the starting point in trade discussions imo.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zombie Marvin Harrison and a 1st for Q.

I freely admit I will take any opportunity to type the phrase Zombie Marvin Harrison.

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-23-2009 at 05:44 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
They shouldn't get any less than what the Lions got for Roy Williams
Maybe they shouldn't.

But who had the leverage in those discussions? Did the Lions reach out to Dallas? I think it was probably the other way around. Williams wasn't publicly stating that he wanted to get out of Detroit.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Roy Williams and a 7th round pick were traded for 1st, 3rd, and 6th round picks.

That's more likely the starting point in trade discussions imo.
Thing about that was that Jerry Jones thought his draft pick would be at worst late 20's. And he probably really thought in his heart of hearts that adding Williams would mean a Super Bowl berth. When you are thinking about that ring you tend to spend more... The Cowboys were in decent shape at that point in the season.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anquan Boldin is 100x the WR that Roy Williams is

and despite what most of you think, the Cardinals will not be trying to trade him, certainly they will take offers but they have no reason to trade him, 2 years left at a very cheap price and can franchise him afterward if they choose, he is 28 and will be 30 with his injury history he will be on the downside of his career when we are down with him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Zombie Marvin Harrison and a 1st for Q.
Hah, I love Anquan Boldin and would want him on my team any day ... but I might have to pass.

First off, Zombie Harrison getting traded or cut is going to make a 6-7M cap hit either way, so that's kind of a wash. And I definitely don't think Arizona would want Harrison, as even if the Colts are on the hook for his remaining bonus money, his base salaries the next three years are 9M, 10M, and 11M. Which is obviously ridiculous. So they should be asking for something else/more.

But for the Colts, because of the new contract Boldin deserves and their cap space, financially it's definitely a strain ... though maybe not impossible. But I'd rather not get into the details and scenarios.

Suffice to say, I don't think this is a deal likely to happen. Not Polian's style.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Randy Moss was for a 4th...
And T.O was for a 2nd...

Can we say that Anquan Boldin will go for a third? The Roy William's trade was one of the most outrageous steals ever. You don't see stuff like that go down unless an owner/GM decides that they need that guy to complete their team and make a run at the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals will likely be lucky if they get a first for him, unless he has an amazing Super Bowl, then like Deion Branch a couple years ago, someone may decide to trade a first for him.

I'd give up a second for him anyday...course...if someone else could get him for a third...the Seahawks would have to give up a 2nd or more likely a first (definately not this year's though)...

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Put yourself in the Cardinals' shoes:

Anquan Boldin is signed through 2010, with base salaries of 2.75M and 3M respectively over the next two years. Very much underpaid given the current market, and he's mostly to blame for signing an early extension rather than taking the risk of waiting to hit free agency. He's not the first or last case of this, but really, he deserves more.

If Boldin walks as a free agent after '10, he will sign a big money deal (he'll be 30-years-old two offseasons from now) and that means they will likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick ... barring some major change to the current structure and/or there being a lockout because no new CBA is agreed upon before 2011, but I really doubt it will come to that.

So assuming you stick with things, you could get two more years of Boldin starting for you and a 3rd round comp in 2012 .. versus a current offer or an offer after 2009. That current offer better be worth your while, huh?

Especially as:

1. Stevie Breaston is a very good #3 receiver, and the Cards are also developing Early Doucet, but you can't really say either would be a good #2 right now. Breaston is a RFA after '09 too.

2. It's not like the Cards are hurting for more draft picks so badly, that they have to trade Boldin. They've reached the Super Bowl, and will remain dominant in an incredibly weak division. I hear that they will have a good amount of cap space, which is a bit weird given how strapped they were last offseason (which was weird in itself as you don't necessarily expect that of the Cardinals), but I expect them to re-sign Warner and maybe some of the other free agents.

3. If you traded Boldin now, with the new rules for '09 given the current CBA, you'd be charged all his remaining bonus money in one cap hit for this season. There's no spreading it over two years this season. Heck, if you're already paying the bonus money, why not the underpaid base salary for 2009? Milk the cow one more time before giving it away.

Also, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Cards extending him to a new deal, possibly making him a Cardinals player for his career like with Fitzgerald.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Put yourself in the Cardinals' shoes:

Anquan Boldin is signed through 2010, with base salaries of 2.75M and 3M respectively over the next two years. Very much underpaid given the current market, and he's mostly to blame for signing an early extension rather than taking the risk of waiting to hit free agency. He's not the first or last case of this, but really, he deserves more.

If Boldin walks as a free agent after '10, he will sign a big money deal (he'll be 30-years-old two offseasons from now) and that means they will likely get a 3rd round compensatory pick ... barring some major change to the current structure and/or there being a lockout because no new CBA is agreed upon before 2011, but I really doubt it will come to that.

So assuming you stick with things, you could get two more years of Boldin starting for you and a 3rd round comp in 2012 .. versus a current offer or an offer after 2009. That current offer better be worth your while, huh?

Especially as:

1. Stevie Breaston is a very good #3 receiver, and the Cards are also developing Early Doucet, but you can't really say either would be a good #2 right now. Breaston is a RFA after '09 too.

2. It's not like the Cards are hurting for more draft picks so badly, that they have to trade Boldin. They've reached the Super Bowl, and will remain dominant in an incredibly weak division. I hear that they will have a good amount of cap space, which is a bit weird given how strapped they were last offseason (which was weird in itself as you don't necessarily expect that of the Cardinals), but I expect them to re-sign Warner and maybe some of the other free agents.

3. If you traded Boldin now, with the new rules for '09 given the current CBA, you'd be charged all his remaining bonus money in one cap hit for this season. There's no spreading it over two years this season. Heck, if you're already paying the bonus money, why not the underpaid base salary for 2009? Milk the cow one more time before giving it away.

Also, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Cards extending him to a new deal, possibly making him a Cardinals player for his career like with Fitzgerald.

Very nicely put

Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If my Jets gave you a 1st and 2nd rounder I wouldnt be mad. Boldin will get plenty of value from a lot of teams hes a pure #1. Go Cards!!!!
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think it would be stupid to trade him.. just keep building through the draft and keep your core guys together... its worked well for the Ravens and they are a great team and tough to beat every year...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Geo why would the Cards break up any part of a team that just made the SB.

I would say that the Eagles could trade a late first and maybe a conditional 2010 3rd that becomes a 2nd because that team is declineing the age is catching up to them. There is not more than 5 players in this league that would garner multiple first round picks.

You can't use Roy Williams as a standard because we all know the boys got hosed in that trade. We can't use TO or Randy Moss becasue those guys are both malcontents and went for cheap.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
TheGM
Rookie

TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.

Boldin isn't going anywhere, all the talk is just posturing to get a new deal. Arizona is the best place for him to be, the division is weak so they could easily win it the next two or three years running, they throw the ball a ton plus they have added a run game on top of that, and Fitz has emerged as one of the top four receivers in the league and commands double coverage all the time so Boldin will have one on one all day and that means huge yards.
TheGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I agree with Geo why would the Cards break up any part of a team that just made the SB.

I would say that the Eagles could trade a late first and maybe a conditional 2010 3rd that becomes a 2nd because that team is declineing the age is catching up to them. There is not more than 5 players in this league that would garner multiple first round picks.

You can't use Roy Williams as a standard because we all know the boys got hosed in that trade. We can't use TO or Randy Moss becasue those guys are both malcontents and went for cheap.

Well said. Honestly? I wouldn't be upset if the Bills traded their 1st for Boldin, straight up. (#11 overall) With that said we have a very cheap owner and it will never happen.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

With the Boldin rumours continuing to flourish, anyone think there might be a chance of a trade with Philly for one of their first-rounders?
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Baltimore will take him :D

I think he is going for a 1st and 3rd Round Pick

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

a 1st and a 3rd seems like the very minimum we will get, ESPN has said that over half the teams in the NFL have made a offer on him and with some of them being rivals you can expect the 1/3 starting price to climb

something like 1/2 and a 2010 pick wouldn't surprise me, of course Baltimore has what others don't in Terrell Suggs, rumors or not

Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hearing rumors that a trade with us (Baltimore) would involve McGahee or Heap, or maybe even both. I'm not sure what that does in the picks department, but it makes sense since we are only 1.5 million under the cap and would need to clear space to get Boldin.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I have heard the same rumors and I think its in the neighborhood of Heap McGahee and a 2nd or 3rd maybe both... for Boldin and a 5th or 6th..

I think that would be a good deal for both Teams...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I have heard the same rumors and I think its in the neighborhood of Heap McGahee and a 2nd or 3rd maybe both... for Boldin and a 5th or 6th..

How would that be a good deal for Arizona? Heap, while he would improve the TE position a little bit, is a shell of his former self. I would rather go for a young TE in the draft that has a lot of potential. Same thing with McGahee, I would much rather take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round then take McGahee. He's not that great of a RB and I would rather have Hightower starting than him. If those are the two players you're offering, a 1st rounder would have to be included or the Cardinals are fully ********.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post

by some reports we are only 6 mil or so under the cap, it would be physically impossible for that trade to be made, and even if we weren't why would we pay those 2 instead of Wilson, Dockett, Dansby or Boldin?

Last edited by fenikz : 04-22-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGahee won't be involved because it would cost the Ravens 11.25 mil. in cap penalties this season, and we only have 1.5 mil. available right now (before the draft too!). If anything I think our offer would be Heap and a first for Boldin...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin went nowhere. I read that there were no serious offers on the table so hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call to Q that nobody wants to pay him the money he is asking for and he will lower his asking price so the Cards can resign him.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote