Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dolphins Sign Two Time CFL Defensive MVP

Looks like you guys just signed the two time CFL defensive player of the year (two in a row actually, the last two years), Cameron Wake. I don't watch the CFL at all, so I really don't know anything about him other than some numbers.

Seems he's 26 years old. Went to school at Penn State. Played DE in the CFL, but the Dolphins want him to play LB. I've seen various reports of size, from 6-3, 240, to 6-4 260, so I'm not sure of his actual size (the Dolphins website lists 6-3. 240). Won the defensive MVP award in both 2007 and 2008. Had 16 sacks in 2007, and 23 sacks in 2008. Finished his two years in the CFL with 137 tackles, 39 sacks, 8 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 5 PD's, and two field goal blocks.

Apparently he received a $1 million dollar signing bonus, with the 4 year deal being worth up to $5 million.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/st...e.html?ref=rss

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite...contentID=6325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just noticed thebow beat me to it in another forum lol. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES I DID!!

YOU LOSE!!!!!

Just kiddin ;)

They did shut it down though so at least you have it up now in the team forum, even though it's like a ghost town in here.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Cronin
Rookie

Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cronin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually seen him play, and this is a great pick up for the Phins. He always seems to be around the ball, and he isn't going to miss alot of tackles. I think he could easily handle DE/OLB in the NFL, and be better than average :)
Old 01-21-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronin View Post
I've actually seen him play, and this is a great pick up for the Phins. He always seems to be around the ball, and he isn't going to miss alot of tackles. I think he could easily handle DE/OLB in the NFL, and be better than average :)
Thanks for the input. Now get out of our forum PATSIE!!

J/K ;)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Wake is the best CFL defensive end I have ever seen, and I've been watching Canadian football for 15 years.

I remember when he was coming out of Penn State. He had been fairly productive in college and was an absolute workout monster yet didn't get drafted and I was surprised at the time that some team didn't take a late round flier on him considering his measurements. 6-3, 236 lbs at the combine with a 45 inch vertical (yep not a misprint) and a 4.65 40. Then he ran in the high 4.4s during his pro day. The guy certainly has the physical attributes to succeed in the NFL, hopefully he can do it.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...dsports-01.asp