Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jiri Welsh, Kurt Thomas, Sasha Pavolic, and Lammond Murray were traded for first rounders so I think a young 7 foot Center is worthy of one.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their are rumors going that Bibby will be traded, who do you guys think Sacramento can get for trading Bibby and Artest in a package deal. We are desperate for an All Star player as we have been for years. So who? I was thinking maybe Bibby for Gasol or something.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye
Another Contract yet to be named for:

Rashard Lewis.
I don't know if I'd mind. I'm almost certain Rashard won't be coming back next season, and losing him now could only make our lottery pick look better. Plus, Nate would get to come home and our FO is enamored with Big's so Frye couldn't hurt. I'd love it if they decided to give us a future first rounder instead of another random player though.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Possible Trade Rumor:
Nate Robinson
Channing Frye
Another Contract yet to be named for:

Rashard Lewis.
I don't know if I'd mind. I'm almost certain Rashard won't be coming back next season, and losing him now could only make our lottery pick look better. Plus, Nate would get to come home and our FO is enamored with Big's so Frye couldn't hurt. I'd love it if they decided to give us a future first rounder instead of another random player though.

Yeah I like that trade for the Sonics. Frye is a future all star imo and Nate Robinson probably will never be amazing because of his height but he can give you a energy/defense guy with the ability to score.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic/Nets rumors are heating up, of course Otis Smith is denying everything right now but, many experts think VC is coming to Orlando. I heard Hedo Turkoglu and J.J. Redick's names getting thrown around a lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Magic/Nets rumors are heating up, of course Otis Smith is denying everything right now but, many experts think VC is coming to Orlando. I heard Hedo Turkoglu and J.J. Redick's names getting thrown around a lot.
I know you have to give up some value, but I think JJ is vastly underrated right now. that inside outside combo with Darko/Dwight and JJ could be lethal in 2 years.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was thinkin about NBA trades at school, and what if Orlando didn't trade T-Mac and they had Dwight Howard and T-Mac on the same team.. not bad huh
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath
i was thinkin about NBA trades at school, and what if Orlando didn't trade T-Mac and they had Dwight Howard and T-Mac on the same team.. not bad huh
If they didnt trade McGrady they most likely wouldnt have been bad enough to get the 1st pick in the lottery.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per ESPN, VC could be going to the Clippers that would involve Corey McGhette (sp?).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Per ESPN, VC could be going to the Clippers that would involve Corey McGhette (sp?).
I posted a rumor a while ago about this. Another one involed the Grizzlies in a 3-team trade that involved Gasol, Livingston,Cater, Magette, marcus williams and more.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Oh baby, Knicks begin their playoff run with a win over the Magic. D-Lee with 16 rebounds. Curry showed his prowess and pulled down 6...
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are beating the Hawks by 25 points right now. They didn't score a FG in the 3rd Quarter and had I think 8 points or something like that. :shock:

Sloppy game though.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to make a deal magic, that was awful.

For the record...The Magic already had the #1 overall pick when they traded Mcgrady. They could have had both him and Howard but, they chose not to. T-Mac wanted out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We are beating the Hawks by 25 points right now. They didn't score a FG in the 3rd Quarter and had I think 8 points or something like that. :shock:

Sloppy game though.
Yeah I was watching it, t was close until after halftime.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I heard on ESPN about thirty minutes ago that a deal for Kidd to the Lakers wouldn't be done if VC didn't get moved...so everything hinders on VC getting out of Jersey...and I also heard a discussion about VC to the Clippers...wouldn't it be weird if Kidd and Carter ended up in the same city but on different teams....???
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando needs to lose some more.. Pistons have their Round 1 Pick.. though I think it's Top 6 protected.. I talked to Joe Dumars on AIM last night and he said he's going to trade both of our Round 1's this year, and our round 1 next year to whoever has #1 so they can select ODEN.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Orlando needs to lose some more.. Pistons have their Round 1 Pick.. though I think it's Top 6 protected.. I talked to Joe Dumars on AIM last night and he said he's going to trade both of our Round 1's this year, and our round 1 next year to whoever has #1 so they can select ODEN.
I just texted Bill Davidson and he says you're full of ****.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:

Sloppy game though.
No offense to GS because I know the Hawks are his boys, but they are awful. I don't think I've seen more bad shot selection then I saw tonight.

And we didn't even play well until the 2nd Half.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sloppy game though.
No offense to GS because I know the Hawks are his boys, but they are awful. I don't think I've seen more bad shot selection then I saw tonight.

I dont think they are awful. They are just very young. They are atleast showing improvement year to year. They are just very streaky, I mean you beat Phoenix one game you lose to the Bulls the next. As the core matures the shot selection will also improve. They have probably more potential than any team in the league. They need a true PG to spread the ball around. If you put any of the elite PG's in the league on that team theyd be a playoff team no doubt in my mind.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone see Bucher and Greg Anthony basically go at it about Las Vegas I think? That was pretty awkward but effing hilarious hahahah!!

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sloppy game though.

I dont think they are awful. They are just very young. They are atleast showing improvement year to year. They are just very streaky, I mean you beat Phoenix one game you lose to the Bulls the next. As the core matures the shot selection will also improve. They have probably more potential than any team in the league. They need a true PG to spread the ball around. If you put any of the elite PG's in the league on that team theyd be a playoff team no doubt in my mind.
Well they looked awful. I thought they made a HUGE mistake by not taking a guy like Foye in this years draft.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs Suck!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ahhhh, it feels good to have Nash back. We're taking of care of business tonight.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sloppy game though.

Well they looked awful. I thought they made a HUGE mistake by not taking a guy like Foye in this years draft.
Yup not taking Foye or Roy was a mistake but not a huge one. The huge mistake was taking Marvin Williams when they already had Smith Childress over Chris Paul or Deron Williams even.

Could you imagine...

PG Chris Paul
SG Joe Johnson
SF Josh Childress
PF Josh Smith
C Zaza Pachulia

With Roy, Foye, or possibly even Rudy Gaye coming off the bench.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

am i the only one not sold on Kevin Durant as the next big thing
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote