Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If we end up with say the 3rd pick in the draft and he declares I think we stay local and Greg Monroe would be close to a lock. I know we definitely don't do as much Princeton style offense since Eddie was fired but Monroe is that perfect point forward. Run things through him, he'll find back cuts, he can handle, he can go one on one. Got to remember though that basically Georgetown players never declare early but with how bad they are this year maybe Monroe will. Jordan Hill is also an interesting pick if Griffin is gone as Hill has looked flat out dominant and explosive at times.
I like Monroe a lot, I have him behind Jordan Hill as my 4th best prospect in this draft with Thabeet at 5 (like I said not as high on him as others) I actually think a lot of people sleep on Hill, I absolutely love his upside.

Out of the group of Hill/Monroe/Thabeet I'd be content with whoever we selected. The only player in my top 5 that I would be disappointed to select would be James Harden, not because I don't like the guy (my number 2 prospect along with most everyone elses) but the selection of Harden would most likely kill any chance of Nick Young ever developing, thus making that selection a wasted pick. Now I do think Harden probably ends up as the more consistent player overall, I think we are better served keeping Young and letting him continue to develop while using our pick this year to take a big.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm listening to a local sports radio guy tell me how this is the year the slam dunk contest is great again! This is like the 10th year in a row I've heard that, and it's still not and never will be what it was in the 80's. In the 80's players had some creative dunks. Now we've seen most of these dunks over and over and the new ones are rarely anything special. Until someone does a flip and then dunks it or jumps from the 3 points line, the dunk contest is no longer interesting.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What exactly do the Wiz do with Jamison for 3 years with his massive salary?
I'd like to see Jamison move to the 6th man role, coming in as a SF/PF reserve like he did in Dallas. That of course would be dependent on A. McGee developing faster than expected or B. Drafting Griffin who could step in and start right away. I hate the contract but AJ has a lot of intangibles that don't show up on stat sheets. I know everyone says how he is "aging" and what not but he really hasn't shown many signs of slowing down, and by bringing him off the bench we could preserve him from wear and tear and at least get part of our moneys worth from him. I strongly believe locking Jamison up was a move made to keep Gilbert happy, which as of right now is looking ridiculously stupid since Gilbert hasn't been on the court for the better part of 2 years.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
So I'm listening to a local sports radio guy tell me how this is the year the slam dunk contest is great again! This is like the 10th year in a row I've heard that, and it's still not and never will be what it was in the 80's. In the 80's players had some creative dunks. Now we've seen most of these dunks over and over and the new ones are rarely anything special. Until someone does a flip and then dunks it or jumps from the 3 points line, the dunk contest is no longer interesting.
You admittedly didn't watch the slam dunk contest so how can you have an opinion on it?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
6th MAN FTW!!!!

And Halsey, do you not realize the difficulty in dunking from the FT line and why not many can do it or even try to do it?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You admittedly didn't watch the slam dunk contest so how can you have an opinion on it?
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting. Nate Robinson jumped over Dwight Howard! Whoopidy Doo!.... I've seen guys jumped over in games. Watching in a a controlled setting just doesn't seem interesting.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have to say, you do bring up a very valid point. Watching events take place in the world is a tad overrated. I much prefer to feel the vibe of whats going on and decide on my decisions based on that.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Hall'z baby (do you mind if I call you Hall'z?) stop being a turd.

When are your reviews for movies you have not seen yet coming out?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know how I know that's fake? Ginger's can't jump or dunk.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Hall'z baby (do you mind if I call you Hall'z?) stop being a turd.

When are your reviews for movies you have not seen yet coming out?
Underworld 3 had some cool special effects, cool looking werewolves, some good action, but overall was just ok.

See, I haven't seen it, but I can just tell based on past experience. I've seen eenough dunk contests to know they're stale, just like I basically know what to expect from Underworld 3.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Underworld 3 had some cool special effects, cool looking werewolves, some good action, but overall was just ok.

See, I haven't seen it, but I can just tell based on past experience. I've seen eenough dunk contests to know they're stale, just like I basically know what to expect from Underworld 3.
I've seen your name, I've seen other posters on this forum. I haven't met you, but I've probably met people like you. Those people were all douches...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You know how I know that's fake? Ginger's can't jump or dunk.
Chase Budinger says "Shut yo Mouth!" (though he may be considered a day walker, he would have to undergo freckle analysis before he can truly be called a ginger.)
Old 02-16-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Wait are you telling me there was an underworld 2?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've seen your name, I've seen other posters on this forum. I haven't met you, but I've probably met people like you. Those people were all douches...
And that has what to do with the NBA? Are you saying my chances of watching an NBA game again anytime soon are as good as the chances the Suns win an NBA championship in the next decade?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
And that has what to do with the NBA? Are you saying my chances of watching an NBA game again anytime soon are as good as the chances the Suns win an NBA championship in the next decade?
My point being is that you are saying that because you've seen example A, then you've seen example B, C, D, E, F, G. You can't just make an argument where you assume that everything relates to its predecessor. There is a thing called evolution that happens in all forms of life and entertainment. Things change over time.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

I hope Nate was wearing a cup. I'd hate to think his balls grazed Dwight's head as he was going over. That would be a pretty uncomfortable feeling for both of them.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't know about NOT interesting anymore but its most certainly not what it used to be. its more of a gimmick now than ever in the sense there is no basis or guideline for judging dunks also. its all player popularity and other aspects. Also, some of the dunks are great, but some are just not creative anymore

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a fun little game that I just saw on HoopsHype's message board.. What's the best +Wins you can get in the NBA Trade Machine?

My best is +20 for the Wizards:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=dgx6va

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Here's a fun little game that I just saw on HoopsHype's message board.. What's the best +Wins you can get in the NBA Trade Machine?

Can you do three way trades?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Can you do three way trades?
Yeah, do whatever you have to.. just get the most +Wins for one team.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Also, some of the dunks are great, but some are just not creative anymore
If you're looking for creativity, then there's not gonna be much left in the dunk contest. I mean, c'mon, look at what these guys are doing now to be creative, they have to go waaaay into left field to think up something because the contest has been going on for so many years that there are fewer and fewer "creative" dunks each year. I don't think creativity should be wanted, but flair. Howard was creative by going for the 12 foot basket, and it didn't look like anything special. Gerald Green dunked without shoes, didn't look like anything special. If people start to get too creative, flair is taken away, which is what fans really want.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:

My head would explode if that happened.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halsey why post in here if you don't even enjoy the game. I'm a Falcons fan like you and I still think you're a tool. I know you're going to come back with something like I don't care what everyone thinks, but you remain a fool. Go back to the AFMB.

On topic: Hopefully Marion flourishes as a Raptor, couldn't be much worse than O'Neal was. Calderon and Bosh have to stay on the floor for us to stay competitive.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Somehow this only got the Knicks +15...

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Caron Butler
SF: Lebron James
PF: David West
C: Tyson Chandler

and keeping Wilson Chanlder, David Lee, and Nate Robinson all on the team at the same time! How does that roster only go 49-33, Mr. Hollinger and your PER?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote