Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always liked the NFL commish better then Selig or Stern. Don't get my started on Bettman.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Explain...

I just don't like the way he handles some situations. Sometimes he handles an issue with force, and he lets other people walk away easy. The first thing that jumps to mind is Odell Thurman and how he handled that so badly, while Pacman is still runnin' around the league.

Edit: That isn't to say that I don't think Pacman deserves a spot in the NFL (I think the guy is hilarious), but Goodell was way too forceful with Thurman.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How hard it must be to survive off only 6 million dollars a year for a highly administrative job.

Bud Selig makes almost 20 million dollars a year? Are you ******* kidding me? That totally ridiculous.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is nice of him and all, but the first thing I thought of was the fact that $2 million was 25% of his pay.

Salaries in the NFL are ridiculous. I don't understand how back up NFL players make twice as much as some doctors.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Another point when Percentages "sound" Big.

The CEO cut 50% of his pay, now he's only making 18 Million dollars.

However this is the first thing he's done that I've liked.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
That is nice of him and all, but the first thing I thought of was the fact that $2 million was 25% of his pay.

Salaries in the NFL are ridiculous. I don't understand how back up NFL players make twice as much as some doctors.
Supply and demand. Many, many, many people can become doctors, not as many can become NFL players.

As another comparison, which do you think is more important, a lawyer or a sanitation worker? Obviously it is a sanitation worker, otherwise the streets would be filled with trash and the like. But damn near anyone can be a sanitation worker, and there are people who can't be a lawyer. So lawyers get paid more. People don't get paid according to the importance of their work, they get paid according to how many people can do their job.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Supply and demand. Many, many, many people can become doctors, not as many can become NFL players.

As another comparison, which do you think is more important, a lawyer or a sanitation worker? Obviously it is a sanitation worker, otherwise the streets would be filled with trash and the like. But damn near anyone can be a sanitation worker, and there are people who can't be a lawyer. So lawyers get paid more. People don't get paid according to the importance of their work, they get paid according to how many people can do their job.
That, and the fact that the NFL makes alot of money because it's a popular product. The collective history of all professional sporting leagues has been mired with low pay and financial woe. Basically, the money's gotta go somewhere.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, but unfortunately the salaries and cap increases are being driving ticket and merchandise prices rather the other way around now.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure it's a nice gesture, but I get the feeling it was a bit of a publicity stunt. I'd be willing to bet that if the media hadn't started all the "Bud Selig is way overpaid" talk, Goodell would not have done this. It makes him look like a saint to some while making other commissioners look greedy. Out of curiosity, anyone know where the money goes? Are the owners the ones who pay his salary? I doubt any of the billionaire owners are in need of a little extra cash.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He earns more respect from me, as much as he frustrates me, that's awesome that he did this.

Now let's see Bud Selig do this.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Sure it's a nice gesture, but I get the feeling it was a bit of a publicity stunt. I'd be willing to bet that if the media hadn't started all the "Bud Selig is way overpaid" talk, Goodell would not have done this. It makes him look like a saint to some while making other commissioners look greedy. Out of curiosity, anyone know where the money goes? Are the owners the ones who pay his salary? I doubt any of the billionaire owners are in need of a little extra cash.
Well idk. I'm not an accountant for a NFL team so I can't throw around any numbers, but think how much is costs to just pay the team, staff and maintenance of a stadium, advertisement etc.

I'm not saying owners are going around panhandling for change or anything :P, it's very possible their lifestyle doesn't even change. However, I'd bet money that their franchises are running slightly different with the economy this way.

However, 2 million dollars divided amongst 32 teams is not going to change anything :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll make that back fining guys who breathe on QB's.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's a nice gesture, PR-stunt maybe, but all the hate isn't fair here. It doesn't really matter if you like the guy, it's a nice gesture to cut your own pay by any amount.

And he makes a lot of money, yeah. So what? Good for him, don't hate the guy, hate the system.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow! Good for Goodell. How do we +Rep the **** out of him??

Love him or hate him, the guy is trying to clean up the image of the NFL, which is a good thing. I think he is over the top with the fines & continuation of the "No Fun League" rules, but he clearly "gets it" - which is far more than can be said for the majority of corporate America. Don't forget - he had reduced the prices on SB tix, too. The man is doing what he thinks is RIGHT. That, sadly, needs to be celebrated and used as an example in today's society because it is rare to see execs doing the right thing.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a great move by Goodell. I don't care if 2 mill is nothing to him (its not btw, 25% of anyone's salary is a big donation), 2 mill is 2 mill no matter how you cut it.

I love Goodell, the only beef I have with him is how he micromanages too much sometimes, and his inconsistency with his punishments. But hey, at the end of the day, he's done more good than bad, and I think he'll be a great commissioner.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 million is still a lot of money, but I had no idea he was this overpaid.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMGZ, he suspends to many players who do bad things that I want to see play.
Goodell is the best pro admin there is out there and He just took a pay cut for more money than I'll likely earn in my poverty stricken life. Impressive.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote