Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if you sign with or are drafted by the Browns you might as well retire and save your body the trouble.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83
sounds like a S&C problem to me. they need new trainers apparently.
Thing is with like 3 different training staffs over the past 6 years and players are getting hurt just as much with everyone, if not more.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200
I don't understand why they just don't wear knee braces. Nick Mangold wears them and you saw how they saved him in the playoff game vs. the Patriots. His knee was akwardly bent. Even if it's uncomfortable, what's 3 hours compared to 1 year of rehab.

You know you don't have to post your signature, you can set it so it is automatically attached with all of your posts. PM me if you're unsure about that and need help.

I remember that, a field goal and his leg got caught and someone fell on his knee. I was very scared as he limped off the field, but, as always, came back and dominated.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, another big set back for the Browns, Hopefully he can come back in another year after another surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hehe

It's whatever is in the Lake Erie tapwater that is doing it....I feel bad for Lecharles and the Browns....their fans are hardcore and deserve to have a winning franchise more than once every 20 years. With Crennel at the helm [and Braylon, Winslow] it is getting better, but they still have a long ways to go. GL to the Browns, they are a team I'd like to see doing a bit better.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

slowing down the pace in practice could help. the pace theyre at obviously isn't working.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be a terrible shame. He was one of the top centres in the league before the injury and hopefully he recovers.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Damn he was so valuable in Madden, a good young center, but now I have Mangold so no worries there. If the Browns really had feelings for prospects in the draft, then they should forfeit all of their day one picks.

yeah those Wimbley and Jackson guys are bums

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:28 AM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hopefully he will be back next year......

hes the difference between the browns and a team like the Steelers...

Rothlesburger is going 40 on a motorcycle crashes into blacktop misses 0 games

Winslow is going 10 hits a curb falls into a freakin bush and misses a year

Screw you Modell

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteeagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
Damn he was so valuable in Madden, a good young center, but now I have Mangold so no worries there. If the Browns really had feelings for prospects in the draft, then they should forfeit all of their day one picks.

yeah those Wimbley and Jackson guys are bums
Just be patient...
Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack
slowing down the pace in practice could help. the pace theyre at obviously isn't working.
It was the very first snap of training camp, there was no pace.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Screw you Modell
big ben went thru a windshield too. and wasnt K2's first injury the 2nd to last play of whatever game it was?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe this is the cause of all those knee injuries.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:
As a practical matter, the announcement and comments from G.M. Phil Savage puts the apparent epidemic of staph infections suffered by Browns players back into the limelight as the period approaches for trying to lure veteran players to town.

Then again, perhaps this was the team's effort to polish the proverbial turd by addressing publicly the issue that other teams undoubtedly are poised to use against the Browns as teams and agents begin in earnest the wink-nod phase of contract discussions while gathered for the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Along these lines, the team announced that a "glaze" to prevent staph infections will be applied this week at the team's training facility.

Question. Why the hell wasn't this done sooner?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

these are not really "news"
Old 02-21-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21
Quote:

Screw you Modell
big ben went thru a windshield too. and wasnt K2's first injury the 2nd to last play of whatever game it was?
No, it was an onside PUNT and two of his teammates fell on his leg and snapped it with 16 seconds left in the game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who I hate more: the Cleveland Clinic, who has seen a startling number of staph infections among recovering Browns players, or the Cleveland Browns themselves for continuing to associate with the Cleveland Clinic.

At least bring in a third party to investigate the situation for crying out loud (the only analysis of note coming from the Cleveland Clinic themselves, which is a joke). The health of the franchise isn't just in jeopardy, the players' careers are as well as LeCharles Bentley can unfortunately attest. Fools.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns just have bad luck, I feel bad for them because when I was little I waiting for Couch to be good.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I guess we'll never get to see how overrated this guy is. Oh well, best of luck LB
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it seemed like...

ever since he ran his mouth, before he hit FA...bashing the saints and FO...that his career has gone down the tube.

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67
it seemed like...

ever since he ran his mouth, before he hit FA...bashing the saints and FO...that his career has gone down the tube.

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Yet another sign that just because New Orleans got hit by a Hurricane their fans are no less assholes than anywhere else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Cwood8899

I think we should trade all our day 1 picks so that we have like 20 something late round picks. So that way when 90% of them get hurt in training camp, we'll still have 2 rookies left. :P
Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
it seemed like...

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Yet another sign that just because New Orleans got hit by a Hurricane their fans are no less assholes than anywhere else.
Bentley bashed the Saints FO, later signed with the Browns, had a injury and his career might be over.

That is all true, I see no reason to bash Saints Fans and bring up Katrina.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint
these are not really "news"
:?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ckr50702

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
it seemed like...

hmmmm, good luck LB.
Bentley bashed the Saints FO, later signed with the Browns, had a injury and his career might be over.

That is all true, I see no reason to bash Saints Fans and bring up Katrina.
It's something that Faine gets traded and has a Pro Bowl season in New Orleans. But in the AFC north, they have huge DT's.