Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Crabtree at Three?

I've been hearing a lot about Crabby being the next Larry Fitzgerald and alot of guys(namely on Arrowheadaddict.com) saying we should draft crabtree regardless of need. I personally don't think that's a good idea. One, because we have a somewhat solid recieving core and two our defense glistens with problems that can be fixed with a solid move or two. Three, if you looked at the score last night, The cardinals and their all-pro set of recieves didn't win last night. Actually, it was their defense that kept them in it(to a certain extent, there were sometimes when those guys' would be just stupid).

Having Crabby would be nice, but I don't think he can solve our pass rushing problems or run stopping issues...or right side of our offensive line.

A guy that I think will instantly help that is Aaron Curry. He's an all around Linebacker, and I personally feel that if you have a solid set of linebackers, you can mask a lot of deficienies in your defense. I think we can pick up a solid MLB, move DJ back to strong side and let curry roam the weakside.

But it's not really what I think that matters, it's BOE's opinion :)
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking Crabtree at 3 would be okay *IF* Curry and Stafford are off the board, imo. I'm not sold on Sanchez yet and OT that early seems like a waste. If Curry or Stafford are there I think they should be the pick though. Stafford is the "franchise" QB we "need" and Curry is that dominating defensive player that will make us better right away.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

A WR is a luxery pick which doesn't make sense for us right now. I would actually be more inclined to take Maclin if we were going that route just for the return ability that he would provide. I'm still torn between a QB, Curry, and an OT for pick number 3. The one positive that appears to be shaping up is that there may actually be a market for the 3rd pick with Sanchez on the board. It's almost impossible to trade down from number 3 but we might get a chance in this draft.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is number 4 on my big board.
1. Curry
2. Stafford
3. Orakpo/Brown
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? Is sanchez viewed as that good? That guy just seems to have the "flash in the pan" going for him. I think Crabtree might be our best, since seattle is below us and will obviously take him if no one does. I'd love to absouletlely pillage the raiders or browns in a trade for Crabby. We still could pick up Curry at that spot as well(browns, not so much the raiders...)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Curry and Smith at 3. I think those two would go the furthest towards resurrecting the defense/o-line.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I don't see the Seahawks taking Crabtree personally. I see them taking a corner. That'd help them more. Sure, they had a lot of injuries, but how often will your ENTIRE receiving corp get injured? I don't think that happens that often.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Curry's not there, they can go with Brown/Orakpo or Crabtree/Maclin. Lots of love for Crabtree (who is nothing like Fitzgerald btw), but I like Maclin better fo the Chiefs because of his return skills and the variety he brings with Bowe (a better comparison for Crabtree) on the other side.
________
Effects Of Wellbutrin

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Why do we need reciever help? I think of all the positions, WR's probably our most(sad I KNOW!) position with Bradley and Bowe.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Stafford - I kinda hope he is off the board since I want to give TT another season but if he is there hard to pass up.

2.Curry - No such thing as a safe pick but he is about as close as you can get and would fill a HUGE need.

3.Crabtree - This pick would just be BPA no more need said.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
1.Stafford - I kinda hope he is off the board since I want to give TT another season but if he is there hard to pass up.

2.Curry - No such thing as a safe pick but he is about as close as you can get and would fill a HUGE need.

3.Crabtree - This pick would just be BPA no more need said.
I really think that if we took Stafford first I'd REALLY like him to sit a year and watch the game played and have Haley really tutor him. The guy has potential but in regards to franchise qb's I think that you need to let them sit a year, especially a guy with all that potential and his bad decision making(and our weak line)...speaking of that, what would you put the big four linemen? I like Andre Smith, but Alberts has played amazing at the LT spot(esp. for being pretty raw there) and having a near 400 lb man no matter how light on his feet, couldn't do as well as alberts at the Left Tackle spot(and would probably be moved to RT, where he would be very,very dominant). That'd be the only Tackle I'd take that high, and that's a big if too, I think it was you that said you could see this guy getting his payday and then watching him tip the scales after that.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why you'd wanna do that with so many other needs though, you could end up drafting a LT, OLB, or QB and they end up retiring with the franchise but if you draft Crabtree your possibly going to have to decide to keep one of Bowe or Crabtree if they both reach their potential...It may help you win short term, but knowing that I had alot of other needs it would be hard to go for a 2nd WR, I don't think Crabtree is on Calvins level as a prospect where you have to take him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I really think that if we took Stafford first I'd REALLY like him to sit a year and watch the game played and have Haley really tutor him. The guy has potential but in regards to franchise qb's I think that you need to let them sit a year, especially a guy with all that potential and his bad decision making(and our weak line)...speaking of that, what would you put the big four linemen? I like Andre Smith, but Alberts has played amazing at the LT spot(esp. for being pretty raw there) and having a near 400 lb man no matter how light on his feet, couldn't do as well as alberts at the Left Tackle spot(and would probably be moved to RT, where he would be very,very dominant). That'd be the only Tackle I'd take that high, and that's a big if too, I think it was you that said you could see this guy getting his payday and then watching him tip the scales after that.
If I were to take Andre Smith, it would be with the only intention of playing him at right tackle.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have their LT, and you don't spend a #3 on a RT, and I don't trust either of the QBs at the top of this draft. Other teams have already proven you can keep two franchise WRs on your roster.

MLB is such a need, though... Not sure what the interet in #3 will be, but if Curry's not there, the Chiefs might have to take Maualuga at that spot just to make sure they get a middle linebacker in there...
________
Washington Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Chiefs have their LT, and you don't spend a #3 on a RT, and I don't trust either of the QBs at the top of this draft. Other teams have already proven you can keep two franchise WRs on your roster.

MLB is such a need, though... Not sure what the interet in #3 will be, but if Curry's not there, the Chiefs might have to take Maualuga at that spot just to make sure they get a middle linebacker in there...
People always say that about Right Tackles "You don't spend #3 money on them" I don't understand why. I bet most teams run to the right moreso than the left. Although he's not protecting the QB's blindside(unless he were left handed) but he'd definately be an assest to the running game(and passing game for that matter, it's not like DMac is very good. Maluaga better blow it up for him to warrant that spot(he seems overrated to me). I mean, KC hasn't had a dominant Right tackle since...John Tait(a first round pick by the way).

I personally think Larinitis will slip to the second round and that's where we snatch our MLB of the Future. I think with all the rumors of Stafford not being picked by the Lions, he'll be our guy no matter who is there(Curry, Crabby, etc) So my dream draft that'd make me more stoked than last years draft:
Stafford
JL
Robert Ayers
Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be mad about taking a OT I just don't want Albert to be moved that IMO would be a mistake.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
People always say that about Right Tackles "You don't spend #3 money on them" I don't understand why. I bet most teams run to the right moreso than the left. Although he's not protecting the QB's blindside(unless he were left handed) but he'd definately be an assest to the running game(and passing game for that matter, it's not like DMac is very good.
RT's aren't asked to do as much as LT's... It's much easier to find and/or develop good RT's. Hell, Barry Richardson would probably be just fine for the Chiefs if he'd get playing time... He looked really good in the small amount of playing time he got, and was one of the top OT prospects going into the 2008 draft...

I'm a big fan of the Chiefs going after Jordan Gross though...
________
AVANDIA SETTLEMENT INFO

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If it went Stafford -> JL -> anyone it'd be a pretty successful first day heh. That being said, I don't buy the Crabtree at three stuff just because our coach is Haley.

It'll make for an interesting draft though, to say the least.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
RT's aren't asked to do as much as LT's... It's much easier to find and/or develop good RT's. Hell, Barry Richardson would probably be just fine for the Chiefs if he'd get playing time... He looked really good in the small amount of playing time he got, and was one of the top OT prospects going into the 2008 draft...

I'm a big fan of the Chiefs going after Jordan Gross though...
I agree on the sentiment of Gross, but I don't remember Richardson getting playing time at all. Wasn't he inactive the vast majority of the season?

Anyways, the offensive and defensive lines are THE most important positions on the field. There isn't a quarterback in history that would've looked decent playing behind the 07 Chiefs offensive line, and the 08 Chiefs defensive line showed what would happen to a defense if it couldn't pressure the quarterback.

Therefore, if the Three Amigos decide that an Andre Smith, or a BJ Raji is the very best player available, I don't have a problem with the Chiefs making that selection at 3. Still hoping for Curry, but I'm putting my faith in them.