Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tom Cable on the radio

http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/4304.mp3

Great listen. Tells about the coaching staff, his plans for the draft and more

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He says WR at #7 isnt likely. He said he is impressed with JLH and Schillens. Does this mean a OT like Andre Smith or Jason Smith? (hopefully)

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
He says WR at #7 isnt likely. He said he is impressed with JLH and Schillens. Does this mean a OT like Andre Smith or Jason Smith? (hopefully)
God I hope so, I just don't know how much influence Al will let him have on the draft.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
God I hope so, I just don't know how much influence Al will let him have on the draft.
IDK. Watching the new conference it seems as if Al is gonna let Cable try and turn things around. Al also said during the news conference he wants to get more powerful on the lines. So a guy like Andre Smith or RJ Raji come to mind when you say powerful

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I herd him say the Radiers will make the playoffs this year. I like his attitude and the staff he put together
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The thing is that both Davis and Cable mentioned how happy they were with Mario at the end of the season. I don't agree with it, but I don't know if we'll go with either OT or WR in the first round...

I hate to say it, but we might be looking Vontae Davis straight in the eye at #7.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Andre Smith if he slides in at RT, or Raji if you're looking much into those clues. Jenkins or Davis would be an awful lot to swallow for any Raider fan I'd assume.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Maybe Andre Smith if he slides in at RT, or Raji if you're looking much into those clues. Jenkins or Davis would be an awful lot to swallow for any Raider fan I'd assume.
:( I would cry with a DB pick in round 1...

I could go either way right now--WR or OT in round 1. Don't break my heart.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin is a nice player but I don't think he is worth the 7th overall pick when we can get a OT and than target a WR in round two, there is a bunch of good looking talent at WR this year.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Yah....

I can't see us taking Maclin unless we trade down a few spots.....especially considering that Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks or Heyward-Bey could possibly fall down to us in the 2nd.

I like Cable...but I also liked Kiffin at one point in time. Hopefully Al can compromise with him on some of the staffing and draft choices. Andre Smith would look really nice in Silver and Black.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

This is RaiderNations Raider mock and I am fully behind seeing the Raiders draft turn out like this.......

RD 1 Andre Smith RT(This guy will be great as a RT. Best run blocker in the draft and is decent at pass blocking. Will get a chance at LT is Mario is a bust)

RD 2 Hakeem Nicks WR(I have a good feeling this guy is going to be special. He doesnt have elite speed, but he has everything else.

RD 3 Kyle Moore DE(Big strong DE that can get good pressure and is alright against the run)

RD 4 Terrance Taylor DT( Big strong DT that can come in and replace Terdell Sands)

RD 6 Jasper Brinkley LB(He can play either inside or outside. He big and strong and is an upgrade over Alston)

RD 7 Anthony Parker OG( Good player that will drop because of character issues. Could eventually become our RG )
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Cable, he is the worst coach you guys ever hired.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Fire Cable, he is the worst coach you guys ever hired.
How can you say that right now? Most all of the players wanted him back which is a plus, and he seemed to click with the team. 2 big wins at the end of season, got him this job.

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also loved Lane Kiffin. Cable was horrible at Idaho State. He should never get a pro job. I live around here and I get raiders shoved up my ass all the time. You guys need to rebuild the defense and draft a Olineman.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
They also loved Lane Kiffin. Cable was horrible at Idaho State. He should never get a pro job. I live around here and I get raiders shoved up my ass all the time. You guys need to rebuild the defense and draft a Olineman.
Cable is one of the best Oline coaches in the NFL. His play calling improved every game when he took over. With a new DC that likes to blitz, I expect our defense to improve. If we draft Raji or Brace to play NT our run defense will improve. We need a DE still some maybe in round 3 or 4 we can address that need.

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-18-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

I bet Cable turns into Al Davis' next failed Hire.