Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-18-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
No he's not. Jahvid best and Noel Devine are the most explosive backs in the NCAA. Jahvid Best iMO is the fastest RB in the nation
Demps averaged more yards per touch and fewer touchdowns per touch than Devine, and fewer touchdowns per touch than Best. I'm not saying Demps is better, but Demps scores every 11.6 times he touches the ball.

I can accept that Best and Devine are probably AS explosive, but Demps was a tenth of a second away from qualifying for the olympics. Ran something like a 10.04 100m. Best probably wouldn't even touch that.

Demps is the fastest player in college football.

Last edited by sbh15 : 02-18-2009 at 10:53 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahvid Best is ridiculous and one of the best backs I've seen in college. Miami played great run defense against them in the bowl game and still got torched by Best. This guy was shedding tackles like it was nothing, hitting the corner where it didn't seem possible.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though he's a defensive player "" should be on this list....

You guys can fill in the blank. :D
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

I agree. Brandon Graham should totally be on the list.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

Hell yes, Eric Berry should be on this list!

honorable mention to Javier Arenas as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I'd love to see him and Trindon Holliday in a foot race.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
I'd love to see him and Trindon Holliday in a foot race.
It's a shame LSU doesn't use him better. They're one of the few SEC teams I don't hate, even though they're rivals of ours. He could be something special at Florida ;)
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Demps averaged more yards per touch and fewer touchdowns per touch than Devine, and fewer touchdowns per touch than Best. I'm not saying Demps is better, but Demps scores every 11.6 times he touches the ball.

I can accept that Best and Devine are probably AS explosive, but Demps was a tenth of a second away from qualifying for the olympics. Ran something like a 10.04 100m. Best probably wouldn't even touch that.

That last line in your post is exactly why you are wrong.

Jeffery Demps is the the FASTEST player in college football. Best and Devine are the most EXPLOSIVE. 2 different things my friend. And clearly (even in the title of the thread) this is about explosion.

BTW, all the stats you bring up Between Demps and Best are not exactly a good gauge for what we are discussing here. Demps might score more and get more YPC but the offense he runs in, the fact he isnt getting pounded with carries the same rate, and playmakers around him all help taint the stats in his favor. If Best had taken Demps place at UF last year, that position would be used more often and produce much more then it did with Demps. Not a knock on Demps because hes perfect for UF, but clearly Best is the better, more explosive player. Hes just on another level.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No McKnight?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio Jones?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Aren't his and Rainey's 40's about the same? I know he's better at the 100, but I thought I remember hearing him and Rainey are about dead even in the 40.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Aren't his and Rainey's 40's about the same? I know he's better at the 100, but I thought I remember hearing him and Rainey are about dead even in the 40.
Wouldn't surprise me. Rainey ran like a 4.3 flat at the UF fastest student competition.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I agree. Brandon Graham should totally be on the list.
I thought of all people, you would understand the most....
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Tyrod Taylor? Horrible list.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
No Tim Tebow = Epic Fail
He's more of a workhorse.

Thought Pryor might've made it. 6'6" 230 lbs and 4.4 speed. That's explosive.

Demps should've made it too.