Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If we get Haynesworth, do we go Nicks or Harvin (or someone else)?

If we can land Haynesworth, we can switch our focus from Jerry to a WR. With Crab and Maclin most likely gone, which WR would you like to see on the Bucs teamed with Bryant?

I have Nicks and Harvin ranked higher than DHB and Britt
Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who says Jerry is our focus to begin with?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our DT's suck. Jerry is a prototypical 43 UT that should be there at 19. You better believe Raheem and Bates will want to fix the D-line. I definitley think the DL is our main focus in round 1 unless we can get a Haynesworth, Peppers, or Suggs.

And please god dont mention Josh Freeman or anything...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

What makes you think you can land Haynesworth?

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
its a possibility, hence why he's using the word "if"

I'm pretty sure any team could land Haynesworth. Nothing is impossible

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
45+ mil in cap (the most in the league) and a big need at DT
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

If Bucs get Haynesworth their gunna need to grab a receiver and then a qb.
Heyward-Bey and Nate Davis.

ALTHOUGH i do believe Josh Johnson is going to resurrect the Bucs offense if hes coached properly.
JJ is the real deal

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Not a big DHB fan. He was inconsistent at Maryland (yea I know his QB sucked). I like Nicks and maybe even Harvin more.

Nate Davis is really interesting but I would look into his learning disability before drafting him. I do like him more than Josh Freeman though.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I doubt we will get Haynesworth, but if we do, I believe we will draft Josh Freeman in the 1st round. DL and QB are the biggest needs and I think our 1st two picks will come from these positions.

I'm torn on Freeman because I don't really like him that much as a prospect, but I've been hoping the Bucs would draft a QB high since 2005. This is the first year where it seems likely and we aren't in position to get a top prospect.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

No thank you to Freeman. I wouls rather start Mccown.

Basically what i am saying is, if we go WR, who do YOU want? Assuming Crab and Maclin are gone.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post

Basically what i am saying is, if we go WR, who do YOU want? Assuming Crab and Maclin are gone.
Harvin is my #3 WR.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

If we drafted Freeman, we probably would start McCown.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I am really warming up to Harvin. He would only be good as a complement to Bryant, but damn he is sure to give this offense some spark.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am really warming up to Harvin. He would only be good as a complement to Bryant, but damn he is sure to give this offense some spark.
Some people are saying he may be in a Reggie Bush role or a glorified 3rd down back, maybe jack of all trades guy, I think he could be a Steve Smith type of playmaker at WR with good coaching and in time...He's a more polished route runner then say Devin Hester and he bulked up quite a bit in a year, being from Florida has got to scare some teams off though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynesworth is an absolute bum.

First, he has only ever showed up on the football field for 3 seasons out of 10, including his time at the University of Tennessee. All 3 seasons he decided to play, where years in which Big Al was due to get a new contract. His junior year in college, he played to move his draft stock into the first round, and the last 2 seasons in which he was looking for a long term, big record breaking deal. That's cause for concern.

Secondly, let's not forget the mental issues he has.

At UT, when he got upset at a teammate at practice, Haynesworth left the field, found a spear, and started hunting down the teammate. If not for coaches stopping him, ALbert may just be Rae Carruth's roommate.

Then with the Titans, there was the incident where he used OC Justin Hartwig's chest for field goal practice. AND the Andre Gurode stomping episode, where he nearly blinded the guy during a game.

And now there's the issue that he may have violated his probation, and if he's charged could end up being suspended in 2009 by Roger Goodell.

Third.... and most importantly..... is the fact that Albert Haynesworth has NEVER played a full 16 game season. EVER. If it's not the suspensions, it's the little nicks and bruises that keeps him out of the lineup. His tolerance for pain is nearly equivalent to that of an 8 year-old school girl.

How any serious football fan would even consider this guy on their team, really should look into rooting for a different sport.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say nicks, but I'm not 100% sure we're targeting Haynesworth.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Haynesworth is an absolute bum.

First, he has only ever showed up on the football field for 3 seasons out of 10, including his time at the University of Tennessee. All 3 seasons he decided to play, where years in which Big Al was due to get a new contract. His junior year in college, he played to move his draft stock into the first round, and the last 2 seasons in which he was looking for a long term, big record breaking deal. That's cause for concern.

Secondly, let's not forget the mental issues he has.

At UT, when he got upset at a teammate at practice, Haynesworth left the field, found a spear, and started hunting down the teammate. If not for coaches stopping him, ALbert may just be Rae Carruth's roommate.

Then with the Titans, there was the incident where he used OC Justin Hartwig's chest for field goal practice. AND the Andre Gurode stomping episode, where he nearly blinded the guy during a game.

And now there's the issue that he may have violated his probation, and if he's charged could end up being suspended in 2009 by Roger Goodell.

Third.... and most importantly..... is the fact that Albert Haynesworth has NEVER played a full 16 game season. EVER. If it's not the suspensions, it's the little nicks and bruises that keeps him out of the lineup. His tolerance for pain is nearly equivalent to that of an 8 year-old school girl.

How any serious football fan would even consider this guy on their team, really should look into rooting for a different sport.
You're very silly. Had he not had his leg rolled on by an Offensive Lineman he'd have been DPOY.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading more articles on how much more junior QBs have struggled compared to senoir Im really cooling on the idea of using a high pick on one. I didn't want Freeman before and definitly not now.

Later round QBs often aren't given the opportunity to be a starter, unless their is a QB we really like we should pass and give Johnson or McCown the chance.

If we get the Big Boy Harvin is a good pick. His injuries problems are a big concern, if he didn't have them I would be really surprised if he fell to us.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 02-21-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote