Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ckr50702

What kind of system does Champ Bailey play in?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
AZ9er

solar
Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd look for Washington to be in this real strong. They should be able to clear out enough room for one big move or a couple small moves.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
I'd look for Washington to be in this real strong. They should be able to clear out enough room for one big move or a couple small moves.
You could say that about every free agent, every year.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
But how will they make enough room to sign all of their draft picks?...

Oh wait, nevermind.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
But how will they make enough room to sign all of their draft picks?...

Oh wait, nevermind.
I for one am amazed we have as many Redskins fans here as we do. Why should they go to an NFL draft forum?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'll clear the air here on Clements as a Bills fan who has watched a majority of his games.

He is a Top 2-4 corner when he is playing his best. He is extremely phyiscal, an elite tackler and has very good ball skills as well. He really is the complete package at CB.

However, Nate is streaky. He will go on stretches for 2-3 games where he plays uninspired and makes poor decisions. This happened a few times in 2005 but not as much in 2006. He played extremely well down the stretch this year after the BYE week where he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the NFL.

Is this a coincidence that he had a great contract year? Probably not. I do think that he takes plays and even games off when he has an easy opponent (Patriots, Falcons WR's). However, I think that Nate has always thrived on challenges and plays his best against elite WR's. If he could remain focused for an entire year he would definitely be a top 3 corner.

P.S. - In 2005, arguably his worst year in the NFL, Chad Johnson still called him "the best CB in the league."
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
He really isn't that great of a CB. He's probably around the 20-30 best CB's in the NFL and is the best CB in this years free agent market, but it shouldn't make teams want to give him a bigger contract than that of Champ Bailey(which he wants).
This is a ridiculous statement. Try to name 20-30 CB's better than Clements. Wow.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
P.S. - In 2005, arguably his worst year in the NFL, Chad Johnson still called him "the best CB in the league."

Just stop. Chad Johnson has run his mouth, proclaiming every corner he faces the next week, as the 'best in the league.' Champ Bailey, Leigh Bodden, Al Harris, DeAngelo Hall, etcetera.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Just stop. Chad Johnson has run his mouth, proclaiming every corner he faces the next week, as the 'best in the league.' Champ Bailey, Leigh Bodden, Al Harris, DeAngelo Hall, etcetera.
Has he named 20-30 corners the best in the league? I think not. This is proving a point that he is definitely one of the tops in the league. Besides Bailey, Clements, Bodden, Harris and Hall (even though I don't think he proclaimed all of them as the best in the league), can you name anyone else?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He's praised Ike Taylor before. I don't remember, I started ignoring any and everything he says as without substance. Am I trying to say Clements isn't a very good corner? No. What I am saying is, everyone needs to chill on pulling out the 'Chad Johnson says' quotes.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ckr50702

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education
solar
I know that dumbass. You said that b/c you don't know.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
He's praised Ike Taylor before. I don't remember, I started ignoring any and everything he says as without substance. Am I trying to say Clements isn't a very good corner? No. What I am saying is, everyone needs to chill on pulling out the 'Chad Johnson says' quotes.
Do you have any links to calling them "the best corner" in the NFL? Because I have one for Clements. He can praise people for being good corners, but did he declare them the best?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Nope they are running mostly Cover 2 out there. At least that what I am under the assumption of. Which is another reason why they had Donte Whitner so high on their draft board last year. As safeties are arguably more important in that scheme.
It is our base scheme but we do run a fairly good amount of Cover 3 and 44 even. I remember Levy talking last year about how he thought CB was important in our schemes.

I can't take this overpaying for a "Cover 2 CB" crap. Nate is a good CB and we run other schemes than Cover 2!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you have any links to calling them "the best corner" in the NFL? Because I have one for Clements. He can praise people for being good corners, but did he declare them the best?
Dammit. Where are those Green Bay homers who always pop in with that Chad Johnson quote about Al Harris being the best in the league?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear
Quote:
Quote:
Dammit. Where are those Green Bay homers who always pop with that Chad Johnson quote about Al Harris being the best in the league?
Don't. Even. Get. Me. Started.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'll clear the air here on Clements as a Bills fan who has watched a majority of his games.

He is a Top 2-4 corner when he is playing his best. He is extremely phyiscal, an elite tackler and has very good ball skills as well. He really is the complete package at CB.

However, Nate is streaky. He will go on stretches for 2-3 games where he plays uninspired and makes poor decisions. This happened a few times in 2005 but not as much in 2006. He played extremely well down the stretch this year after the BYE week where he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the NFL.

Is this a coincidence that he had a great contract year? Probably not. I do think that he takes plays and even games off when he has an easy opponent (Patriots, Falcons WR's). However, I think that Nate has always thrived on challenges and plays his best against elite WR's. If he could remain focused for an entire year he would definitely be a top 3 corner.

lol takes games off against Patriots? finally explains why Caldwell beat him and Chad Jackson had 5 steps on him in endzone(maybe it was McGee)

and he did call Bodden the best..he called DeAngelo the best CB but also said he was the best WR at same time.

he had mad praise for Asamougha..Bailey..

hes buttering the CBs up
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need him, that's for sure. It would be cool to have both of the good former Bills CBs, though.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
It would be cool to have both of the good former Bills CBs, though.
you mean Ohio State corners?

Ill take

CB - Antwain Winfield
CB - Nate Clements
nickle - Chris Gamle, Ashton Youbuty
FS - Donte Whitner
SS - Mike Doss, Will Allen

cha!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Al Harris - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/CIN/9006407
Quote:
Johnson called Harris the best corner he has faced so far.
DeAngelo Hall - http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5621
Quote:
Hall said he was honored to hear over the summer that Johnson called him the best corner in the league.
Champ Bailey - http://www.cincypost.com/bengals/200...0-26-2004.html
Quote:
Obviously, Bailey isn't going to lose his confidence. He still thinks he's the best cover corner in the league, which is exactly what Johnson said earlier this week.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait until he is a washington redskin
Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bucknut12
Rookie

bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.bucknut12 is a cocksman.

If he wants to go to a winner he'll go to N.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST
Ya'll don't have nearly as much money to spend as you think...
bucknut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

around 30 mill in cap room

Asante Samuel
Nate Clements

Now thats a nice tandem
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy

Quote:

Oh yes we do...trust me we got enough to get him, a few other people for depth and sign a first round top 10 pick
Old 02-23-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy

Quote:

Oh yes we do...trust me we got enough to get him, a few other people for depth and sign a first round top 10 pick
Haha, you have less than $5 million in cap room...