Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I liked Matty a lot coming out too (trojan alum) but I still can't let this Warner dis pass. Kurt wasn't just coincidentally the QB for the greatest show on turf...he and Martz built the thing from the ground up! His skills and production as a QB aren't random. Going from grocery bagman to Hall of Famer (yes, he'll make it) qualifies him as a legend of the game IMO and Matt needs to spend his off time recapturing his dedication (and a tight spiral) if he wants to be the next Aaron Rodgers.
yea leinart wants to be a diva but he needs to be how ryan is a gym junkie. he also needs to start brown nosing warner so he can get some tips its good to sit behind a vet QB but if you are not attempting to learn anything its just a waste of time
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I liked Matty a lot coming out too (trojan alum) but I still can't let this Warner dis pass. Kurt wasn't just coincidentally the QB for the greatest show on turf...he and Martz built the thing from the ground up! His skills and production as a QB aren't random. Going from grocery bagman to Hall of Famer (yes, he'll make it) qualifies him as a legend of the game IMO and Matt needs to spend his off time recapturing his dedication (and a tight spiral) if he wants to be the next Aaron Rodgers.
No, actually Martz didn't build that, Saunders did, Martz was the second OC and the most valuable players on the Rams were, Faulk, Pace, Bruce, Holt, Bly, Winstrom, Carter then Warner. The same team with Trent Green would have done the samething. No doubt, so please don't say that Warner built this offense, he fell into it, and when he was asked to lead an up and coming group he failed, the Gaints experiment was a diasaster just like the last 2 years he was with the Rams. He didn't have the same impactful players on the team like he did during the "The Show" years and the team relyed on him much more, yet he fell apart and was a complete bust as a high price resignee.

When the Rams lost Bly, Fletcher, Carter and the bad 3 years of draft picks it made Warner have to be a franchise QB able to take control of a situation and succeed. Yet he couldn't, and was finally cut for a 6th rounder who the Rams had traded for with the Saints, and Marc Bulger, who was always favored over Warner by Martz, led that same group of players that Warner couldn't lead back to the NFC Championship.

Warner is an excellent situation for a QB, could you imagine if Palmer, Rothlisberger, Cutler, Manning and Brady were in his shoes? The stats would be outragous. So let's not make Warner some type of hero just because he fell into another great situation. During his days in St.Louis he had 4 Hall of Fame players on his side of the ball. Holt, Bruce, Faulk and Pace were all the real heavy lifters of the Greatest Show on Turf, not Warner. I have hard time believing that if he were in Carolina, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Baltimore, or Chicago I have a hard time believing he would be anywhere near as efficient and succesful.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TheGM
Rookie

TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.

Kurt Warner is a hall of famer. I'm not saying he is the greatest to ever play the game but show some respect he won a supper bowl and has put up awesome numbers of the course of his career. His performance this year put him over the top IMO. As fas as his future is concerned he will retire he has nothing left to prove. In addition I think the Cards are going to get Matt Cassel, he is young, has starting experience, and couldn't have been coached any better.
TheGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warner to return in 2009
Old 02-28-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors of him ending up with us I doubt it happens though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote