Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Team Depth

QB - No need. Gutierrez is probably just as good as Cassel, and KOC has potential to be even better.

RB - running back by committee. one of the deepest RB units in the league.

FB - we should resign Heath Evans

TE - good depth but no stars. Thomas, Watson, Baker. Good enough.

WR - After Moss and Welker there is nothing. This position is a mystery for the Pats. It should be interesting to see if BB takes another chance on a WR after the Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson failures

OL - good, not great. Could hold off another year before drafting a RT to replace Kaczur
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensively the only positions that should be looked at in the draft are WR and OT depth or a starter at RT. Heath Evans should definitely be resigned though.
The problems start defensively when you think that this year we could use safety, CB, OLB, ILB nd next year we could very possibly need extra D-line help with the free agents.
I would try to get Wilfork extended this year rather than waiting

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, they should focus on bringing back some key free agents on the cheap (Evans, Hochstein), grab a free agent safety or two (whether it be Harrison & Sanders or outsiders like Sensabaugh), pick up a veteran corner like McAlister, and then focus on extending Seymour and Wilfork.
________
JamieSparkles cam

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:01 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should bring back K. Washington back as well.
That guy is a special teams stud. I love that guys work ethic.

I keep sayin it throughout the site...
I would love for us to sign M. Austin of the Dallas Cowboys.
I said in one of my prior post that I wished we would trade for him
but then realized that he was actually a UFA. Fan-*******-tastic!

I wouldn't mind us re-signing D. Oneal and J. Sanders among others.

I say we should definitely target a solid RT in this years draft as well.

Most importantly. Lets start signing extentions for our starting DL-men.
They make and break our D

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Neal is trash. James Sanders would be nice...he didn't become what it seemed like he'd become. Maybe he still can be that dominant combo safety the Pats have lacked. He's still comparable to every FA and draft-eligible safety...
________
BUBBLER PIPE

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no depth at corner and safety whatsoever. resign james sanders and draft a stud safety to take over next year. draft a corner who can compete with wilhite and wheatley next to a leigh bodden (crossing my fingers)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I really like Wilhite and Wheatley (if he can stay healthy). A veteran or two and a draft pick would be great to round out the group... Shawn Springs, Chris McAlister, Dre Bly (could see him playing a Terrell Buckley-style Nickelback role)... I don't like Leigh Bodden.
________
Chiquita

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I really like Wilhite and Wheatley (if he can stay healthy). A veteran or two and a draft pick would be great to round out the group... Shawn Springs, Chris McAlister, Dre Bly (could see him playing a Terrell Buckley-style Nickelback role)... I don't like Leigh Bodden.
I like Leigh Bodden but he left NE without a contract which isn't a good thing. Shawn Springs is more likely now I think

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw on espn bottomline the patriots resigned james sanders to a 3 year deal

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad we re-signed J.Sanders. Shows we're addressing our secondary.
I wouldn't mind us signing Springs or Bly for that matter.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote