Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You can't find good micro brews in Wisconsin? I don't buy that.
Compared to Portland, no. The microbrews in WI tend to be on the lighter side. I have yet to find a good, dark beer in WI(other than Leine's.) I was spoiled when it came to beer last year, Portland has the most microbreweries in the world. I had a pick of a ton of different kinds.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have picked up a few good ones in the last few days...I bought a Dogfish Head 120 I.P.A., New Glarus Belgian Red, and New Glarus Crackd Wheat.

I hope to enjoy them!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Compared to Portland, no. The microbrews in WI tend to be on the lighter side. I have yet to find a good, dark beer in WI(other than Leine's.) I was spoiled when it came to beer last year, Portland has the most microbreweries in the world. I had a pick of a ton of different kinds.
You said " sever lack of ", not " compared to Portland". The wisconsin area has plenty of good microbreweries.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a Peroni for the first time because it was the only interesting thing at the Olive Garden last night... It was OK, but it didn't make any sense that they had both Peroni and Stella (basically the same beer) to go along with Sam Adams as their only non-swill beers... They obviously need a new beverage manager.
________
Glass Pipes Cheap

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:02 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Had a Peroni for the first time because it was the only interesting thing at the Olive Garden last night... It was OK, but it didn't make any sense that they had both Peroni and Stella (basically the same beer) to go along with Sam Adams as their only non-swill beers... They obviously need a new beverage manager.
Well, the problem is that you are expecting quality at Olive Garden.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, some places don't want to offer really good beer because they don't have as high a profit margin as wine. I know when I used to bartend at a high end, fine dining restaurant our beer list was horrible to the point of people complaining about not even having Sam Adams. But the point was that we didn't want people spending 'only' 6-7 bucks for a beer.

Although 10 bucks down here in certain restaurants/bar/clubs on South Beach is pretty much the norm for a beer.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not a real Peroni, trust me. I lived in Italy and drank Peroni daily. That crap is Nastro's attempt at Peroni.

Real Peroni looks like this.

Nastro azzuros looks like this

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You said " sever lack of ", not " compared to Portland". The wisconsin area has plenty of good microbreweries.
Part of the severe lack is being in whitewater. But I disagree, I don't find the micro breweries to be very good here. I've tried all the big ones, and none of them seem to have very good dark beers. The lagers are good, but I would much rather have a good dark beer from a microbrewery.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't find the micro breweries to be very good here. I've tried all the big ones, .
Hmmmmmm...

they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmmmmmm...
Bad choice of words. I have tried the popular ones.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not a real Peroni, trust me. I lived in Italy and drank Peroni daily. That crap is Nastro's attempt at Peroni.

Real Peroni looks like this.

peroni! it's not bad at all.

and whoever was at olive garden shoulda gotten birra moretti...but then again, olive garden is a pretty horrible excuse for a place to eat.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I had to scale back on beer expenses lately and have been buying either Mickey's or Coors Original. Not exactly something to write home about but it gets the job done.

EDIT: So, I dont know if someone grants wishes or what but today I go into the corner store and what do I see? 24oz cans of Lone Star (it usually only comes in 16 or 12) for $1.25 a piece. Needless to say, I bought 3.
I always look for Lone Star at stores close to me and can never find any. Maybe it's because the only beer people down here know exists is Bud Light.

College night Wednesdays at Hillbilly's have 5 dollar Lone Star pitchers!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$1 Dollar Coors bottles on Saturday night.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
peroni! it's not bad at all.
Peroni in Italy is awesome. 1.25 euro for a tallboy in Rome.

they get smoked.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Part of the severe lack is being in whitewater. But I disagree, I don't find the micro breweries to be very good here. I've tried all the big ones, and none of them seem to have very good dark beers. The lagers are good, but I would much rather have a good dark beer from a microbrewery.
Whitewater is the armpit of wisconsin. you'd think a college town halfway between milwaukee and madison would be a fun city...but, it's not. anyway...have ya tried Tyranena? their regular stuff isn't the best, but everytime i see something in their Brewers Gone Wild series, i get it. I just had The Devil Made Me Do It Imperial Porter this weekend and it was decent if ya like a heavy, chocolatey porter. The Brewery is really close to ya too...it's right in Lake Mills. You should stop by. not sure if they do tours or not, but i bet it's worth a look.

but, i do agree with you that Leine's and New Glarus aren't very good. ya gotta dig a little deeper. and because i want to make this bad mouthing of WI micro brews stop, i'll help ya out.

-The Great Dane---it's a Brew Pub in Madison. they're always making different stuff...they'll usually have between 10 and 16 brews on tap. they don't bottle it, so ya have to go there. but, it's worth the trip. there are 3 locations in Madison. and the different locations brew different beer. The one downtown is my fav, but if ya don't like the college vibe, go to the one in Fitchburg.

-Sprecher---Outisde of their Black Bavarian, I'm not a huge fan of their year round stuff. but, they always have a "Premium Reserve" Brew out, and it's always good. right now, it's the Abbey Trippel. very tasty. I THINK the next one will be a Scotch Ale which is very very very good.

-Lakefront---used to be my favorite Brewery. not sure if it still holds that distinction, but most of their stuff is pretty good.

-and, really? ya didn't like Capital Munich Dark? that's one of my favorite dark beers.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Whitewater is the armpit of wisconsin. you'd think a college town halfway between milwaukee and madison would be a fun city...but, it's not. anyway...have ya tried Tyranena? their regular stuff isn't the best, but everytime i see something in their Brewers Gone Wild series, i get it. I just had The Devil Made Me Do It Imperial Porter this weekend and it was decent if ya like a heavy, chocolatey porter. The Brewery is really close to ya too...it's right in Lake Mills. You should stop by. not sure if they do tours or not, but i bet it's worth a look.

but, i do agree with you that Leine's and New Glarus aren't very good. ya gotta dig a little deeper. and because i want to make this bad mouthing of WI micro brews stop, i'll help ya out.

-The Great Dane---it's a Brew Pub in Madison. they're always making different stuff...they'll usually have between 10 and 16 brews on tap. they don't bottle it, so ya have to go there. but, it's worth the trip. there are 3 locations in Madison. and the different locations brew different beer. The one downtown is my fav, but if ya don't like the college vibe, go to the one in Fitchburg.

-Sprecher---Outisde of their Black Bavarian, I'm not a huge fan of their year round stuff. but, they always have a "Premium Reserve" Brew out, and it's always good. right now, it's the Abbey Trippel. very tasty. I THINK the next one will be a Scotch Ale which is very very very good.

-Lakefront---used to be my favorite Brewery. not sure if it still holds that distinction, but most of their stuff is pretty good.

-and, really? ya didn't like Capital Munich Dark? that's one of my favorite dark beers.
No kidding, I guess 15-20 years ago Whitewater was a lot of fun, but that could have had more to do with the legal age being 18.

I'll have to try Tyranena.

I've tried some Sprecher, and I didn't like it too much. I do like Lakefront though, I forgot about that one. I liked Capital Munich Dark, but I still don't think it holds a candle to the dark beers out in Portland. The beer isn't terrible in Wisconsin, but I think I got a little spoiled turning 21 in Portland.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
have ya tried Tyranena?
I have to admit I tried 3 or 4 of their brews and gave up. The brews I tried were so bland. Waste of money.

they get smoked.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have to admit I tried 3 or 4 of their brews and gave up. The brews I tried were so bland. Waste of money.
yes. this is true. this is why ya gotta avoid the 6 packs and just get the 4 packs, AKA, the "Brewers Gone Wild" series.

same with Sprecher. avoid the regular stuff..and just get the "Premium Reserve" offerings.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

also, Leine's has a new beer out. Classic Amber. yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwn. tried a 6 pack and it was bland and boring. absolutely nothing special about it. probably could've predicted that, but everytime Leine's comes out with something new, i feel almost obligated to buy it.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

my mind was blown last night. i had good wisconsin beer that i'd never heard of before. played poker at a friend's house. he had 4 varieties of Central Waters Brewing Company. The Imperial Stout was excellent. Clean and big, everything i love about a stout.

The Red ale was also excellent.

someone, if you're looking for good wisconsin stuff, this stuff is at some liquor stores..it's the stuff that's in fully enclosed six pack box.
I would strongly recommend the Imperial Stout, the Porter and the Red. the Pale Ale was pretty decent too, but not on the level of the other 3.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drowe,

You ever been to Ridgeview Liquor? I stopped there yesterday, they had a nice selection. I thought it was really cool how you could make your own six pack out of some pretty good stuff. Plus the 10% discount they give you at the end was another nice treat.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Drowe,

You ever been to Ridgeview Liquor? I stopped there yesterday, they had a nice selection. I thought it was really cool how you could make your own six pack out of some pretty good stuff. Plus the 10% discount they give you at the end was another nice treat.
that's the one right by Target, right? i haven't been there...i really should try going to an actual liquor store one of these times, but Woodman's has been my store of choice for beer selection. picking your own 6 pack is pretty common.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
that's the one right by Target, right? i haven't been there...i really should try going to an actual liquor store one of these times, but Woodman's has been my store of choice for beer selection. picking your own 6 pack is pretty common.
Yeah its a little further up than target, but right in that general area.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had this beer last night:

Nothing really much to say about the flavor, it was actually pretty bland for an Abbey Tripel, almost like you're drinking a Yuengling but then you realize it is 10% alcohol. Very potent and easy to drink but I like a little bit more with my Belgium beers.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood;1529363Nothing really much to say about the flavor, it was actually pretty bland for an [B
Abbey Tripel[/b], almost like you're drinking a Yuengling but then you realize it is 10% alcohol. Very potent and easy to drink but I like a little bit more with my Belgium beers.
If you want Tripel, go with St Bernardus' Tripel.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote