Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a part of the cancer is gone :D . now trade for schaub or carr and take cj or ad and get rid of moss

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Looks like the raiders are going to draft Joe Thomas then... :roll:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Btw, I could definitely see Aaron Brooks ending up as the backup to his cousin in Atlanta if Schaub is shipped out.
touche'
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad he's gone we need to start fresh get rid of all the cancers.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp
The good decisions continue to flow from the Raider front office. Someone pinch me....
yea it's weird. al letting kiffin hire real coaches not mayors or bed & breakfast owners and signing sands and thomas early on.
:P

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education
Looks like the raiders are going to draft Joe Thomas then... :roll:

Didn't they say they will rebuild the line through FA this year?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders, armed with a new coach and a new way of thinking, are moving quickly to determine what direction they will take with their picks in the NFL Draft. The process began on Wednesday in Indianapolis when the team met with a prospect over dinner.

SilverandBlack.com and Scout.com has confirmed that Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas sat down for a formal meeting with the Oakland Raiders. The 6-foot-6, 311-pound behemoth is widely considered the top left tackle prospect on the NFL Draft board and will be a consideration for the Raiders – even with the first overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Ideally, Oakland would prefer to trade down two or three spots and pick up Thomas, netting the extra picks to help a team that has a number of areas that need improvement.

Thomas tore a ligament in his knee last year while playing defensive end – that’s right, defensive end. He came back and had another strong season for the Badgers in 2006.

The Raiders could use a man of his talents along the line, moving Robert Gallery back to right tackle. Thomas is considered a strong run blocker and a developing pass protector that could be a cornerstone for a franchise.

He is a player that will be in high demand at the top of the NFL Draft board, already meeting with Detroit and Cleveland.

An exclusive to follow...
I dont know if you guys were joking or if you had seen this.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Porter staying, if they can land a QB, I think Thomas could become a strong candidate for the pick. The WR need wouldn't be as glaring, and RB with the first overall is still generally considered to be a reach as of now. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt be too mad if we drafted Thomas but idk about getting him at number one and i doubt the lions pass up on him at two.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
a part of the cancer is gone :D . now trade for schaub or carr and take cj or ad and get rid of moss
why take Carr when you already knows he sturuggles with bad o-lines? Schaub is a better choice and IMO they should still give Lamont Jordan 1 more chance but Randy has gotta be cut or traded. If the Raiders do sign Schaub and keep Lamont the smartest pick would be CJ or Joe Thomas.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
why take Carr when you already knows he sturuggles with bad o-lines? Schaub is a better choice and IMO they should still give Lamont Jordan 1 more chance but Randy has gotta be cut or traded. If the Raiders do sign Schaub and keep Lamont the smartest pick would be CJ or Joe Thomas.
Lamont is crap.hes not at all worth keeping.his true position is backup for life.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

The fact that this thread refers to Brooks as a QB makes me laugh.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote