Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How do I join in on these IRC chats?

I keep seeing hilarious quotes in peoples' sigs that look like it comes from a chat of some sort. I always wanted to talk to some of you cool cats on the internet. And I've always wanted to see how it was like in the IRC chats, but I never got how to do it. Can someone help me here? I'll tell God about you and tell him about how helpful you were to me when I needed it.

God bless you all!
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

www.gamesurge.net/javachat

then you type "/nick ________(Libid21 for example)
then you type "/join #nfldraftcountdown
then you type "/me mounts boe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this should be stickied or some ****. I always forget how to go about joining.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 03-04-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Download mIRC here.

IRC is a free program, you don't need to purchase anything! When you start the program up for the first time, you will notice it will say evaluation, this doesn't matter, the program will work just like it always did after that period is up, you'll just have an occasional popup asking you to buy it.

2. Register your account at gamesurge.net or click here.

3. Next open mIRC. After you go past the evaluation part of IRC, you'll come up to the "mIRC Options." Fill out the criteria, [full name doesn't have to be exact or even full, nickname is what your chat name will be, this is always interchangeable, and alternative is in case someone always has your name in the room your in.

After you fill that info out, I would strongly recommend setting up a preform. A preform will auto log you in every time you press "connect." It's very easy and I'll explain the steps below!

In the same mIRC Options box, you'll see a large white field with multiple categories and sub-categories. You need to be under the "CONNECT" category, and the "OPTIONS" sub-category.

After you clicked "OPTIONS" you'll notice the main content on the page changed. There's some radio [check] boxes that are pretty self explanatory. Under that you will see a button that says "PERFORM" which is what you will need to click next.

After you click on "PERFORM" you will see one single radio [check] box that states "ENABLE PERFORM ON CONNECT" and this box will need to be checked.

After that, you will see a large white box that states "PERFORM COMMANDS" and this is where logging in is MUCH MUCH easier.

The way you log into mIRC is typing a command to the program, this command is
Code:
/authserv auth username password
and should be doing this every time you open IRC.

Well, to have IRC do all this for you, every time you press "CONNECT" you just have to put a few very easy commands in the "PERFORM COMMANDS" field.

BOLD = command, normal font explains what it does [you just type the commands into the field like normal].

Code:
/authserv auth username password  This will log you in user the username and password you register in step 2!
//mode $me +x  This will not show your IP which isn't entirely important but some people prefer it, I do.
/join #channelname  This will automatically join a channel or chat room on connection.  So if you want to join the the channel with all the guys from this forum, you would type /join #NFLDraftCountDown.
After you have all of that filled out, you can click "OK" and when you get back to the mIRC Options page, you go back to Connect Category [no sub-category] which is the default page when you open IRC and click "CONNECT" and IRC will auto log you in, auto join #NFLDraftCountdown and/or any other channel you'd want and hide you IP.

If you accidentally left that page and don't know how to get back to it, just go up to "TOOLS" [with the File, View, Favorites, etc groupings] and then click "OPTIONS" and you'll be back to where I stated above!

It's a small setup time, should take only a few minutes at max and will make IRC much much easier to use.

Some basics to get you by:

If a user has an "@" in front of their name [ex @DG] that means they an admin at that Channel. If the user has a "+" means that user has voice status or peon status [it's like being a regular or in some server the only way you can chat is with that voice status].

/join #channelname [will join the channel you specified]
/part [will leave that channel]
/quit [will leave IRC]
!users [see a list of opts => @ and peons => +]
/msg username message [will send private message to someone]
You can do the above just by double clicking someones name.

If you have any question about IRC or didn't understand anything, need additional help, questions, whatever, feel free to post it or to PM me. I'm very familiar with IRC and use it daily [rarely in the NFLDC rooms though -- I keep saying I'll drop in....].

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

~Jason.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can use Jasons. Mine are always:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27569

Right in that thread.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jbond can you unban me please
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote