Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Lebo was an awful coach (not to say I was wrong) but Auburn has really played well this year. I was impressed with them when they played at Rupp.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

EA Sports its going to The Petersen Events Center tonight to see where Pitt lines up for tough places to play. OAKLAND ZOO BABY! While it may not be Cameron Indoor, its been ranked by Big East players as the toughest place to play. Pitt is undefeated at home. Couldn't get a ticket but Dicky V will be there. Can't wait for saturday.

P-I-T-T LETS GO PITT!

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weber was named a finalist for one of the coaching awards I do believe. Nice to see that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hansbrough times those 3's perfectly..we needed that at the end of the half
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May I ask what is with all the Memphis love? Granted I've only seen two of their games this year but everyone wants to give Cal all these props for what he's done but when you look at their resume and who they've beaten/lost to, I scratch my head.

Yes, they are 26-3, but they don't have any "key wins." Gonzaga and Tennessee to me aren't "key wins." They are solid wins but not the resume builder they need. They are 1-2 against the AP Top 25, that's not very good. Have losses to Syracuse, Georgetown, and Xavier. Again, solid teams but for all the press they are getting, they lose to those 3? Cuse' and GT are 2nd tier Big East Teams and Xavier while a good A10 school isn't that great of a team.

Memphis benefits from playing in a piss poor conference, and especially with this season, a very weak OOC schedule in which they lose 3 games. We beat their #2 school (Tulsa) back at South Padre. I just don't see the hype at all.

The fact that they are getting #1 votes in the polls is really, really questionable. I think a team like UNC, UCONN, Pitt, MSU, etc would destroy them by double digits. When Xavier is quite possibly your biggest game this year, I think that's an indication that your schedule is very, very soft. I'd have them as a 5 or 6th seed, not a 1 or a 2.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
May I ask what is with all the Memphis love? Granted I've only seen two of their games this year but everyone wants to give Cal all these props for what he's done but when you look at their resume and who they've beaten/lost to, I scratch my head.

Yes, they are 26-3, but they don't have any "key wins." Gonzaga and Tennessee to me aren't "key wins." They are solid wins but not the resume builder they need. They are 1-2 against the AP Top 25, that's not very good. Have losses to Syracuse, Georgetown, and Xavier. Again, solid teams but for all the press they are getting, they lose to those 3? Cuse' and GT are 2nd tier Big East Teams and Xavier while a good A10 school isn't that great of a team.

Memphis benefits from playing in a piss poor conference, and especially with this season, a very weak OOC schedule in which they lose 3 games. We beat their #2 school (Tulsa) back at South Padre. I just don't see the hype at all.

The fact that they are getting #1 votes in the polls is really, really questionable. I think a team like UNC, UCONN, Pitt, MSU, etc would destroy them by double digits. When Xavier is quite possibly your biggest game this year, I think that's an indication that your schedule is very, very soft. I'd have them as a 5 or 6th seed, not a 1 or a 2.
They didn't have many key wins last year and they were a few free throws from a championship. They play great defense, their athleticism isn't just good for C-USA, it's good for anyone and they translate it into lockdown D.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
They didn't have many key wins last year and they were a few free throws from a championship. They play great defense, their athleticism isn't just good for C-USA, it's good for anyone and they translate it into lockdown D.
Their body of work last year is a lot better than this year. They had wins against Oklahoma, Siena, Georgetown, UCONN, USC, Arizona, and Gonzaga (I believe all of those teams made the dance). Their two key wins this year, Gonzaga who is overrated and Tennessee who is nothing like they were last year.

Not only did they have better wins, they played a tougher schedule last year. I don't see the hype at all with this years team. Last year for sure with Rose, CDR, Dozier, Dorsey, Anderson, Tabbert, etc...We'll see come tourney time but I see a rude awakening for Memphis if they get a tough matchup early.

I'd like to either see Memphis step into another conference or up their OOC schedule because their schedule this year was a joke. Even their "bracket buster" type games were against 2nd-3rd tier programs this year in the top 25.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its apples & oranges comparing this years Memphis team to last years. They played a tougher schedule last year too. UConn, Arizona, much better Tennessee & Georgetown squads, Gonzaga, Cinci.

Then if you look at their roster, they had two NBA 1st rounders. Two senior big men starting. This squad is a lot less talented & a lot less tested. I think Memphis will get upset early by a team who can hit the 3.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

adschofield,

I really hope you are watching ESPN2 right now. Kansas down by 13 to Texas ******* Tech. And they just got a horrible charge call, Moonshine or whatever his name is was clearly moving on that play, very bad call.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
adschofield,

I really hope you are watching ESPN2 right now. Kansas down by 13 to Texas ******* Tech. And they just got a horrible charge call, Moonshine or whatever his name is was clearly moving on that play, very bad call.
I'm watching..and pulling my hair out concurrently...Ugly

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Just play zone the rest of this game and you'll win probably. Tech can't do **** against, nice adjustment by Selfie I must say.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OU down 15 to Missouri

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** Landry. We were only down one, don't have to shoot 3s.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Elgin Bailey's season is prolly over, his ankle did not look good at all. Big win tonight, hopefully we can gain some momentum for a deep run in the SEC tourney.

Minnesota needs this win in a real bad way

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
OU down 15 to Missouri
That would be huge for our RPI as well as yours, we both smashed the Tigers.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota beats Wisconsin. Sweeps them for the season. This gives them 21 wins, at least a .500 record in the Big Ten (probably a winning one with the last game against Michigan at home) Along with wins over Louisville, Illinois, and Ohio State, you can put them in the tourney. :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-04-2009 at 10:40 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Westbrook-2
Bucky Badger- 0
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Pretty bad loss, but we'll survive...Texas Tech hit about 20 3 points and Sherron went 3-19...Neither are going to happen on a regular basis.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

So what's the deal with Sam Young? Every time I watch Pitt the guy makes plays...seems to have nice size, a nice stroke, good finisher, and has some athleticism. Not much of an NBA Prospect?

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We clinch it with a win against Texas Tech...Yeah, I'd say we've clinched the Big 12.
I don't need to comment on this, I'd say it speaks for itself.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't need to comment on this, I'd say it speaks for itself.
Haha...I thought of this comment about halfway through the 2nd half. But for the record, we have clinched the Big 12 lol

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha...I thought of this comment about halfway through the 2nd half. But for the record, we have clinched the Big 12 lol
Yes, but not outright. You may own tie breakers, but that doesn't mean it's outright. If Kansas loses to Tejas and Oklahoma/Mizzou win, co-Big XII Champs!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what's the deal with Sam Young? Every time I watch Pitt the guy makes plays...seems to have nice size, a nice stroke, good finisher, and has some athleticism. Not much of an NBA Prospect?
He's a late round one prospect...he doesn't have the upside that some prospects do and that's why he'll be taken a bit later than his skill set would suggest.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He's a late round one prospect...he doesn't have the upside that some prospects do and that's why he'll be taken a bit later than his skill set would suggest.
He's also a little old even for a senior, he'll be 24 when next season starts, which hurts his upside. Good player though, he'll be a solid selection for somebody in that late first/early second range IMO. Really the lack of upside that hurts him the most as you said, which is because of his age to an extent.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god, Taylor Battle with a clutch game winning shot to beat Illinois. Penn State could be dancing this March.