Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-04-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Not to be negative, but IMO it might be a little too early to annoint him a 1-2 times a decade guy, since he hasnt thrown a pass in the NFL and all.
I agree we can't annoint him yet even though I think he's better than nexts years class of QBs as well.

However, I fully expect all 3 Defensive Coordinators of Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota to **** their pants simulateneously when we draft Stafford in April. Hope they wear brown that day.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
I agree we can't annoint him yet even though I think he's better than nexts years class of QBs as well.

However, I fully expect all 3 Defensive Coordinators of Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota to **** their pants simulateneously when we draft Stafford in April. Hope they wear brown that day.
I'd be happy with that.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would say unbelievably better actually. I hate next years QB class, at least the top three guys right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Tebow/Bradford/McCoy are all clowns!

Next year is when we get our big time rapist DE.. either Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah, Tebow/Bradford/McCoy are all clowns!

Next year is when we get our big time rapist DE.. either Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy
Dont sleep on Everson Griffen from USC either, the dude can play. I've read somewhere before (McShay?) that said that he will be the best pro from their D
Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dont sleep on Everson Griffen from USC either, the dude can play. I've read somewhere before (McShay?) that said that he will be the best pro from their D
Both are real good. Carlos Dunlap is 6'7" and 290 pounds and supposedly runs a 4.65 40. That's some Mario Williams style stuff. Everson Griffen is 6'3" and 265 and supposedly runs a 4.5 40.. Which is still very very good.. but Carlos has elite size, and he's also a year younger than Griffen.

Damn. Just thinking about next years draft, it sounds amazing as long as a few Juniors declare.. Especially for Defense.

DE - Carlos Dunlap*, Everson Griffen*, Greg Hardy, Greg Romeus*, George Selvie, Brandon Graham
DT - Terrance Cody, Gerald McCoy*, Ndamukong Suh
S - Taylor Mays, Eric Berry*
LB - Sergio Kindle, Brandon Spikes, Travis Lewis*, Mark Herzlich
CB - Trevard Lindley, Donovan Warren*, Walter Thurmond, AJ Wallace

I'm sure not all the Juniors/R.S. Sophomores will declare.. and I'm sure I'm missing some people.. but that's still got potential to be a great draft class. We should try to pick up a first rounder for next year. At #20 or #33, there could be a team willing to give their 2010 Round 1 in order to move up in the draft.

Last edited by WMD : 03-04-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both are real good. Carlos Dunlap is 6'7" and 290 pounds and supposedly runs a 4.65 40. That's some Mario Williams style stuff. Everson Griffen is 6'3" and 265 and supposedly runs a 4.5 40.. Which is still very very good.. but Carlos has elite size, and he's also a year younger than Griffen.

Damn. Just thinking about next years draft, it sounds amazing as long as a few Juniors declare.. Especially for Defense.

DE - Carlos Dunlap*, Everson Griffen*, Greg Hardy, Greg Romeus*, George Selvie, Brandon Graham
DT - Terrance Cody, Gerald McCoy*, Ndamukong Suh
S - Taylor Mays, Eric Berry*
LB - Sergio Kindle, Brandon Spikes, Travis Lewis*, Mark Herzlich
CB - Trevard Lindley, Donovan Warren*, Walter Thurmond, AJ Wallace

I'm sure not all the Juniors/R.S. Sophomores will declare.. and I'm sure I'm missing some people.. but that's still got potential to be a great draft class. We should try to pick up a first rounder for next year. At #20 or #33, there could be a team willing to give their 2010 Round 1 in order to move up in the draft.
I like next years draft so much more than this one at just about every position other than maybe QB and OT. I definately like most of the defensive positions alot more.

Quote:

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to be negative, but IMO it might be a little too early to annoint him a 1-2 times a decade guy, since he hasnt thrown a pass in the NFL and all.
Yeah the Stafford love-fest is reaching a pique.
In a week, I predict he will have guaranteed us at least one super bowl between 2013-2018.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
In a week, I predict he will have guaranteed us at least one super bowl between 2013-2018.
Kitna Jr. huh!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because their schemes are no match for a rookie QB on a team that was just 0-16 last year?

I'm pretty sure the NFC North defensive leaders will be pampers free on Draft day. I'm I'm guessing in Chicago and Green Bay, neither Def Coord will be there in 2010 so if Stafford sits in 2009 (I'm hoping), then they won't even get to sniff him.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
No wins to 10 undefeated seasons in a row? I think so! ;)

Quote:

Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Next yrs class does look pretty stellar, but at this time of year the future always looks rosey before the kids are put under the microscope and game planed around. With that said, I'm still optomistic and would love to have an extra 1st next yr also.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
Kitna Jr. huh!
Hahha... Me, others, or Stafford?

One note on Stafford, I was just thinking, he's already hugging Lewand from behind, and saying he would love the D-Town Challenge. The kid is a talker and he doesn't even have a contract yet. I guarantee once he makes starter, he will be saying some crazy things. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind that...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because their schemes are no match for a rookie QB on a team that was just 0-16 last year?

I'm pretty sure the NFC North defensive leaders will be pampers free on Draft day. I'm I'm guessing in Chicago and Green Bay, neither Def Coord will be there in 2010 so if Stafford sits in 2009 (I'm hoping), then they won't even get to sniff him.
Well they'll be pampers free until 2011 then if we don't take Stafford. Whoever we take next year is going to sit in 2010 as a rookie. 1) Because they are a rookie 2) because most of them are spread QBs that take longer to acclimate to the NFL than a pro style QB. Then 2011 will be the spread QBs first year of starting. Delaying on a QB, just delays being good for 1 year. 2011 vs 2012(normal QB pace of 3rd year in league, 2nd year starting) or if we're lucky 2010 with Stafford/2011 with spread QB(if each QB has a great 2nd year).
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
stafford won't need a full year to sit. he can start midseason. the only reason we'd keep him on the bench would be our horrible pass protection. with actual coaching and quicker decisions by the qb i believe that should be better this year. that being said, if daunte can't beat him out then he should re retire.
I agree, they'll go with Culpepper and if they are struggling they'll pick a point in the schedule that is favorible then get Stafford in there. He wont be starting from day one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:

One note on Stafford, I was just thinking, he's already hugging Lewand from behind, and saying he would love the D-Town Challenge. The kid is a talker and he doesn't even have a contract yet. I guarantee once he makes starter, he will be saying some crazy things. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind that...
the prediction
Old 03-05-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Next yrs class does look pretty stellar, but at this time of year the future always looks rosey before the kids are put under the microscope and game planed around. With that said, I'm still optomistic and would love to have an extra 1st next yr also.
I'd love to pull off a trade like the Eagles and Panthers did last year.

Eagles traded #19 Overall to the Panthers for #43, #109 and their 2009 Round 1. I'd be all over a trade like that.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Can't say he isn't confident in himself..

Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the compliment and for seeing the light on building in the trenches first ironman! If I called the shots it would be all defense and 2 lineman in this draft.
However, reality is this team is going Stafford #1. All the signs point to this even though I do not agree 100%. Maybe smoke screens this early but doubtful. I love Ziggy Hood still and think he could even be there at #33 ... and if Mauliluga slips with an average pro day at USC I would be cool with Stafford, Mauliluga, Hood and a lineman or 2 later in the draft. Since they have not addressed line depth in FA they will have to acquire some in the draft at some point so keep the faith and hopefully a later round guy like Levitre, Canfield or Merideth can step in and play.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Thanks for the compliment and for seeing the light on building in the trenches first ironman! If I called the shots it would be all defense and 2 lineman in this draft.
However, reality is this team is going Stafford #1. All the signs point to this even though I do not agree 100%. Maybe smoke screens this early but doubtful. I love Ziggy Hood still and think he could even be there at #33 ... and if Mauliluga slips with an average pro day at USC I would be cool with Stafford, Mauliluga, Hood and a lineman or 2 later in the draft. Since they have not addressed line depth in FA they will have to acquire some in the draft at some point so keep the faith and hopefully a later round guy like Levitre, Canfield or Merideth can step in and play.
I'll tell you, I'm at the point where I don't think Hood's going to be there at 33. I'd love to have him though. Great combine numbers, great interviews, and heard he squats 700+ and power cleans almost 400, so you know the guy's explosive.

Mauluga scares me though. He overpursues alot, and we already have Sims running himself out of plays on a regular basis. I just have this vision of Ernie and Rey over on the right sideline having a tea party while the running back is breaking for 50 down the left sideline. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of any of the LB's outside of Curry really.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-05-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather have Backus at LT and a Rookie LG than a Rookie LT and Backus at LG. It's also smarter financially.
That you'd rather have Backus at all frightens me.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote