Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!
St. Louis is still in play as a possible destination, imo. I wouldn't rule them out.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I think they have more important needs. Coles was bitching with the Skins after he got 80+ receptions that he didn't get the ball. I doubt the two egos of himself and Chad can co-exist in the same locker room.
TJ had plenty of ego, it won't be any more of a problem than he was, TJ was just a lot quieter about it which I respect him for.

I really like it given that we didn't get TJ. I'm not comfortable with Caldwell or Simpson as our #2 this year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Cincinnati paying a 31-year-old receiver $7 million per season provides seven million reasons to believe the team is not high on young receivers Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell. The Bengals spent a second- and third-round draft pick in 2008 on Simpson and Caldwell, respectively, and is essentially admitting the draft errors."

per ESPN's James Walker.

hahahaha ESPN hates the Bengals when they struggle yet when they succeeded in 2005, they loved them. Walker's comments above are proof of pure ignorance.

Jerome Simpson is still very raw, and not ready to assume a starting role in 2009. Still, the club is extremely high on Andre Caldwell and that's no secret. Why rush a young player into the starting lineup when you don't have to?

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cannot trust Henry, ever.
I just cannot trust 2nd year WR's. Our highest pick, Simpson, was drafted on potential. Either way, our #2 WR would've been Henry/Simpson/Caldwell, not very comforting at all.

We're plenty under the cap, they've wanted to run some 5 WR sets in the past but haven't had the players, this gives us a chance for that at least. Not to mention Coles is a proven commodity, 800 yards is a very reasonable expectation for him next season and that's exactly what we need.

Believe me, our FO has massive problems but sometimes people just bash them because they assume every move they make is bad.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would have been a great deal. If it had been 4 years 14-18 million. But is wasn't. It was 28 million and he just isn't the receiver he once was.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I'm concerned Palmer has more to do with their receiving records than their overall talent. Coles will probably match TJ's totals or come close because he has Palmer throwing him the ball. I suspect TJ may struggle with a new QB throwing him the ball.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.J. will be great in Seattle it's a perfect fit for him. Solid signing by the Bengals, I deep down though am still feeling that Chad Johnson could be a draft day trade.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
"Cincinnati paying a 31-year-old receiver $7 million per season provides seven million reasons to believe the team is not high on young receivers Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell. The Bengals spent a second- and third-round draft pick in 2008 on Simpson and Caldwell, respectively, and is essentially admitting the draft errors."

per ESPN's James Walker.

hahahaha ESPN hates the Bengals when they struggle yet when they succeeded in 2005, they loved them. Walker's comments above are proof of pure ignorance.

Jerome Simpson is still very raw, and not ready to assume a starting role in 2009. Still, the club is extremely high on Andre Caldwell and that's no secret. Why rush a young player into the starting lineup when you don't have to?

i don't know if there is a single person working for espn that i respect... maybe the tmr when the fantasy season rolls back around.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
i don't know if there is a single person working for espn that i respect... maybe the tmr when the fantasy season rolls back around.
Kenny Mayne? Peter Gammons? Former WWE Raw general manager Jonathan Coachman?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Kenny Mayne? Peter Gammons? Former WWE Raw general manager Jonathan Coachman?
I like Jaws, Chris Berman, Kiper, and Trey Wingo. Wingo was particularly fun to mess with on the draft's second day a year ago, the guy put down 11 Diet Cokes, 4 Waters, and even a Vanilla Bean Mochaccino with only two bathroom breaks in six hours. Impressive stats for a guy who is regarded as a wild card over at ESPN. A funny guy who takes heckling well and returns it.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just shows how awful the Bengals are as an organization... Let one of the few class-acts on the team go, rather than F-tagging him (****, trade his ass if you want), then signing a far lesser player with attitude history for nearly the same contract that Housh got... Just awful. They just screwed themselves out of a 3rd comp pick to boot.
________
Melrose herbal collective melrose

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
I like Jaws, Chris Berman, Kiper, and Trey Wingo. Wingo was particularly fun to mess with on the draft's second day a year ago, the guy put down 11 Diet Cokes, 4 Waters, and even a Vanilla Bean Mochaccino with only two bathroom breaks in six hours. Impressive stats for a guy who is regarded as a wild card over at ESPN. A funny guy who takes heckling well and returns it.
i hate the way jaws talks for some reason, chris berman has been a joke for years now, kiper ok but i think he is a little high on himself. i do like trey though. so i guess i should say i don't respect 98% of espn.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This just shows how awful the Bengals are as an organization... Let one of the few class-acts on the team go, rather than F-tagging him (****, trade his ass if you want), then signing a far lesser player with attitude history for nearly the same contract that Housh got... Just awful. They just screwed themselves out of a 3rd comp pick to boot.
The Bengals had to tag Shayne Graham, the club's most accurate kicker of all time. His 2.48 tag is relatively cheap and gives them time to work out a longer term deal that could allow the former Pro Bowl Kicker to finish his career a Bengal later down the line.

Coles is a bit younger and has greater career production despite never playing with a quarterback nearly as talented as Carson Palmer. T.J. had a big attitude issue and was more detrimental in the locker room, not in the media, than Chad Johnson. After the first week of the season he said "We can't run. We can't pass. We suck." He stuck with that attitude the entire year. This offseason, he and his agent played games with teams notably the Eagles, Bengals, Vikings, etc. They made up places that he was going to visit.

I do believe we overpaid for Laverneus, but such is the state of the market this year. He is penciled in to be our #2 WR, so it's not like the team broke the bank for a #3 or nickel back. Coles is going to be a very productive Bengals player over the next couple years whether you like it or not. He can pick up where T.J. left off, in the slot. Coles is faster, quicker, and shows more effort as a blocker despite not being quite as consistent, reliable, or tough after the catch.

As far as attitude goes, he was disgruntled in Washington, and also New York after the team let go a good friend and player he had developed chemistry with, Chad Pennington. He was upset Chad was not given a chance and Brett Favre could come in, because of his name, not working with the team at all, and assume the starting role. Maybe he is easily irked, he is a wide receiver. As far as how Chad and Coles will work together, Laverneus referred to Chad as "Batman" and himself as "Robin." He acknowledges the fact that he is the #2. T.J. caught 100 balls here as the #2 and you have to assume Coles will have that same opportunity from the slot.

Due to Stacy Andrews and T.J. both being signed, we would have had two 3rd Round comp. picks. By your logic, because we would have gotten a second third round compensation pick next year we shouldn't have picked up a productive, valuable veteran to assume a starting role for the next two-three years. His deal will cancel out with Stacy's (both 7 mil), leaving us with a compensation pick for Houshmanzadeh.

Man what a stupid move by a stupid organization, who, for the first time in I can't remember how long, has actually shown the willingness in the offseason to get things done.

-They wanted Benson back - made that happen for 2 years 7 mil,
-They wanted Crocker back, made that happen for 4 years 10 mil,
-They didn't want to play T.J.'s game for T.J.'s price, let Seattle pay,
-They made sure their most accurate Kicker of all-time returned,
-They wanted a backup QB, got one in J.T. O'Sullivan
- And they wanted a productive veteran that fits the offensive scheme to take T.J.'s torch, as to not rush Andre Caldwell into the starting lineup and out of the Kick Returner spot, they brought in Coles for less (1 year/12 million less).

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I loved what TJ brought on the field but it's clear you don't know what you're talking about by calling him one of the 'few class acts'. There have been several write ups on how TJ and Chad try to run the team, he throws fits and wouldn't show up for anything before training camp. I will say, the one thing that puts TJ ahead of a lot of WR's is at least he generally kept his antics in the locker room.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

A step in the right direction for Cincy, but they gotta get one of the big time WRs in this years draft as well, cause their run game doenst scare a JV team

Still LC was a good WR in NY for the 2nd rate Jets, and I was always a fan. Hope he does good in Cincy

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I loved what TJ brought on the field but it's clear you don't know what you're talking about by calling him one of the 'few class acts'. There have been several write ups on how TJ and Chad try to run the team, he throws fits and wouldn't show up for anything before training camp. I will say, the one thing that puts TJ ahead of a lot of WR's is at least he generally kept his antics in the locker room.
Wait, TJ and Chad DIDNT run that team??!?!?!?!?!?

Cause thats what it looked from an outsider's POV

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote