Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough loss for Minnesota. I still think they make it in though. Could have as many as 8 Big Ten teams, although if one is left out I'd bet Wisconsin or Penn State.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Big 10 team just got in IMO. Michigan will have to win one or two next weekend to solidify it but this is a huge road win for them. MSU, Purdue, Illinois, Penn State, Minnesota, and Michigan will be dancing IMO because of our RPI rating for the conference. Ohio State I think is in as well assuming they don't flop in the BTT, 5 wins against the top 25 this year is a very nice number and they are above .500 in a tough conference.

Northwestern is the interesting one. Not in right now but if they can do damage in the BTT they can get in. They are a very, very dangerous team because of their 2-3 zone. In fact they should have wins against both Illinois and Purdue if they hadn't given up a large lead late. Right now not in but they have a chance if they can make a run.

Wisconsin I don't know. Good conference record but they are 3-8 against the AP top 50 which isn't a good number but it does speak volumes of how hard of a schedule they played. Another team that will have to rely on the BTT to do some damage and impress the committee.

So we could be looking at 8 possible Big 10 teams in the dance, most likely 6 or 7 but it would be cool to get 8.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Tough loss for Minnesota. I still think they make it in though. Could have as many as 8 Big Ten teams, although if one is left out I'd bet Wisconsin or Penn State.
I think Minny is in, only thing that hurts them is a bad OOC schedule but they do have marquee wins against Louisville, Illinois, and a nice win against Ohio State.

They certainly cannot afford a first day flop in the BTT, win at least one and I think they make it in for sure.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Billy G is skating on thin ice right now. He got by his early loss last year in his first game by making the Tournament.

This year he loses his first game of the season again (to VMI I believe) and now it looks as if they will not make the Tournament unless something changes drastically.

I don't think he makes it through next year if he makes it through the offseason.

Weak conference, two marquee players in their league...No reason for them to have the season they have had.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri getting smashed by the Aggies right now...MU and KU have been buying into their own hype a little too much...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Missouri is the most overrated team in the top 25, we crushed them, you guys crushed them, and they're getting smashed again.

Them as the #12 ranked team is a joke. Guaranteed an early exit in the Big 12 Tournament and the NCAA Tournament.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh..Perhaps..Their forwards are legit though...I just question their guard play.

I doubt they make a serious run, but I would be shocked not to see them make it to the Sweet Sixteen

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Is Norm Roberts on the hot seat at St. John's? I'd love to see him back at Kansas...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Missouri getting smashed by the Aggies right now...MU and KU have been buying into their own hype a little too much...
yeah but I actually think the TT game was the slap of reality that KU needed.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Which is hilarious because they play the 40 minutes of hell style and they don't have the guard play to do it consistently.

Mizzou is a hot and cold team, and that does not fair well when it comes to the postseason. Their lack of guard play will kill them.

If you are going to be a press and trap team you have to have the guards to do so and they don't. I think they'd be better suited running a half court system. But again, they have the ability to upset a team (beat the Sooners) but they cannot sustain success over a consistent period of time.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
yeah but I actually think the TT game was the slap of reality that KU needed.
Or one that brings them back to earth. We'll find out in their next round of games.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

I think if Missouri runs into a team with great guard play, they're in trouble, but otherwise, I think Carroll and Lyons can carry them.

Ty Lawson is questionable against Duke after injuring his toe in practice per CBS

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Or one that brings them back to earth. We'll find out in their next round of games.
Say what you want about Kansas, but we're not as bad as we played against TTU on Wed...I really don't know what to expect anymore from this Kansas team though...They could flame out in the first weekend or make a title run...Neither would shock me.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Balanced teams win in March (see Stanford last year). Either that or teams with incredible guard play (see Illinois in 2005). You have to have one or the other and Mizzou has neither. I like Carroll and I like Lyons but I see no way that they advance to the Sweet 16 unless they get a favorable seed and favorable matchups.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Say what you want about Kansas, but we're not as bad as we played against TTU on Wed...I really don't know what to expect anymore from this Kansas team though...They could flame out in the first weekend or make a title run...Neither would shock me.
I'm not trying to say that they are a bad team, I'm saying that it's a game that will define if they they come back down to earth or if it wakes them up.

I think it's a little bit of both. I don't think they are as good as their ranking indicates and they are not near as bad as what they showed against Tech.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Balanced teams win in March (see Stanford last year). Either that or teams with incredible guard play (see Illinois in 2005). You have to have one or the other and Mizzou has neither. I like Carroll and I like Lyons but I see no way that they advance to the Sweet 16 unless they get a favorable seed and favorable matchups.
I'll yet you know what I think when the brackets come out, but I think a good frontcourt can take you at least until the second weekend esp. considering Missouri is looking at a 4 seed or so.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what channel will duke/unc be on tonight?

i looked for it and i'm local, but couldn't find it.

also, florida leads kentucky. if they hold on and have some solid SEC tournament wins, we could honestly make the NCAA's. not go anywhere in them, but make them,
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what channel will duke/unc be on tonight?

i looked for it and i'm local, but couldn't find it.

also, florida leads kentucky. if they hold on and have some solid SEC tournament wins, we could honestly make the NCAA's. not go anywhere in them, but make them,
ESPN, I'm assuming.

Iowa up on Penn State late...Penn State on Bubble Watch?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, it would be awesome to ruin PSU's athletic seasons twice. However, we blew a 12 ish point lead vs. PSU last time with like 6 mins left, so yea...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN, I'm assuming.

Iowa up on Penn State late...Penn State on Bubble Watch?
I don't think at this point, with two wins over Illinois, one over Purdue, Mich. St., one over Minnesota... they should make it regardless.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I still think PSU is in barring a complete flop next weekend. Too many good wins and 4th place in the Big 10 regular season;

Purdue, MSU, and Illinois (x2). Their OOC schedule wasn't that strong but they have 4 marquee wins (two on the road against us and MSU).

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Florida is playing very, very good defense and hustling very well today.

These are the two things holding us back from being a tournament lock.

If Billy can keep that going through the SEC tournament, we should make the NCAA's.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I'll yet you know what I think when the brackets come out, but I think a good frontcourt can take you at least until the second weekend esp. considering Missouri is looking at a 4 seed or so.
Which is absolutely ludicrous if they get a 4 seed. Such a hot and cold team, I see no consistency in their results this year. Lose to Nebraska. Beat a decent team, lose to Kansas State. Start off strong early and lose big to Illinois. Reel off 7 straight and get smashed by Kansas. Beat Okie, get smashed by A&M a game later.

I don't see Missouri as a good team away from home at all. I don't think they win more than 1 game next weekend and again, I just don't buy the hype. Way too many games where they have gotten blown out by double digits.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Talor Battle is ridiculous.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa doing it's best to blow this.

Also, after this game, Jake Kelly will have played 205 minutes in his last 5 games...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote