Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Ok? So are you the average jealous sports fan?

My point was that I think the media is the one creating this whole TO persona of him being a team destroying, locker room dividing, "cancer" person.
I would have agreed with you had it not happened at 3 different places. If he isn't a cancer, he doesn't get traded by San Fran, and he doesn't get cut by Dallas and Philly. You don't cut one of the best receivers in the league without a reason.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its also a stretch to call him one of the best receivers in the league. He has brutal hands, and you can tell hes getting old. Combine that with his cancerous attitude and I see no reason to take a chance on him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO is far from blameless for how his career has transpired, but I do think it is a tad ironic the situation has reached the point now where the biggest risk when signing TO is probably the distraction the media will impose on the team, and nothing TO does himself.

Even if TO tried his best to do a Moss in NE, the media won't let him like they did Moss.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.O is guilty for Leron McClain torching Dallas D for 70 yard run.. T.O is guilty of Romo's botched fg hold, T.O. is guilty of the Giants D throwing their weight around on the Cowboys O-line... Yes it sounds like he is a douche of a teammate and headached, but for people to think HE is the reason the Cowboys haven't "won" is pretty ridiculous.

When there are Pac Man's, Mike Vicks, Tank Johsnon's, Plax Burress, Matt Jones(Cocain bust), etc, etc, etc... I would much rather have a guy who works his A off and demands the ball than a convict. I started on the "I hate T.O." bandwagon as well, but it's gotten a little out of hand.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:28 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
T.O is guilty for Leron McClain torching Dallas D for 70 yard run.. T.O is guilty of Romo's botched fg hold, T.O. is guilty of the Giants D throwing their weight around on the Cowboys O-line... Yes it sounds like he is a douche of a teammate and headached, but for people to think HE is the reason the Cowboys haven't "won" is pretty ridiculous.

When there are Pac Man's, Mike Vicks, Tank Johsnon's, Plax Burress, Matt Jones(Cocain bust), etc, etc, etc... I would much rather have a guy who works his A off and demands the ball than a convict. I started on the "I hate T.O." bandwagon as well, but it's gotten a little out of hand.
The difference with those guys, a run in with the law doesn't pull the team apart(Vick excluded.) I wouldn't take any of those players on my team, because you can't count on them. But I also wouldn't take TO, because you know its just a matter of time before the **** hits the fan. TO is guilty of tearing three teams apart, it has happened repeatedly.

To whoever said TO isn't one of the best in the game, I agree he isn't now, but he was when he was in Philly and San Fran. He is still a legitimate number 1 receiver, something that the Cowboys now lack.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

What did T.O. do in Dallas though?

Everything reported was based off of "anonymous" sources and leaks. He never did anything outrageous publicly other than cry after the Giants beat us down.

ESPN and the rest of the media world was pretty much on a witch hunt to **** T.O. and make the Cowboys an on-going drama series.

It's funny because now there is a sense of sympathy for T.O. in ESPN's articles and on NFL live. It's like they wish it wasn't over yet.

I'm sure everyone in media wishes they hadn't pushed so hard now and driven Owens into the ground. I'm sure they all wish they could get 1 more season of Owens on the Cowboys. Now they'll have to settle for something less dramatic.

It's just funny how someone like Chad Johnson can be 10 times the cancer that Owens has been over the past 3 years but since he's a "funny guy" and has this niche with the media for just being ridiculous he gets a free pass. Then, Owens does or says something half as bad and all hell breaks lose.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

My point was that I think the media is the one creating this whole TO persona of him being a team destroying, locker room dividing, "cancer" person.
I understand your point but you still never answered the question.

I think it's pretty obvious that TO wasn't the only problem at Valley Ranch, he was just the easiest target to blame everything on, but some of you guys need to be realistic, stop acting like TO is a perfect angel and he doesn't do anything wrong.

The media does a good job of proding him and conjuring up crap, but it's not some huge coincidence that he can't ever seem to work with his offensive coordinator and/or QB, he also wants the ball an unrealistic amount of times and he has to hold huge interviews to let everyone know.

According to some of you, the only reason he was let go from SF or Philly was because of the big bad media, let's get serious, the locker room was clearly divided at every landing spot he's been to...TO isn't concerned with a balanced offense or spreading the ball out, he wants the ball all game, and Romo ends up forcing it to him when he doesn't need to, that was my biggest gripe honestly, I don't think you guys have any idea what that does to a QB when he's trying to find the open WR with TO in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just keep him out of the NFC North. I don't want to see him on the Vikings, Bears, or Lions.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Buffalo chasing TO! Tricky Dick Jauron really wants him. Wow, didn't see this one coming. So much for getting high character players - Jauron is obviously feeling the heat to win and I'm guessing he wants to keep his job. It's playoffs this year or he is fired.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

PFT and MSN reporting that TO is in Buffalo and they are trying to get a deal done. Wow!! This is out of left field.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god, I am crapping my pants!

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to ESPN News they are offering him a 1 year deal. ****.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be... odd. Pretty much the exact opposite of something we would do.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Trent Edwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to think TO and Drew are just landing in NFL team city airports to create a stir :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote