Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god. This new Shiner is so damn tasty. It's only available in their "family reunion" pack (6 different beers) and I wish it was in 6-packs because it's just so good. It hasnt been released in like 10 years but obviously I couldn't have had it then.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Oh my god. This new Shiner is so damn tasty. It's only available in their "family reunion" pack (6 different beers) and I wish it was in 6-packs because it's just so good. It hasnt been released in like 10 years but obviously I couldn't have had it then.
Brent,

Do you happen to post on ratebeer.com?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

oh man I had like 7 natural ices

truly the nector of gods...
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Brent,

Do you happen to post on ratebeer.com?
I use beeradvocate.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the best beer that can be found in NJ?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may be kind of **** and doesn't really have to do with beer, but will a bottle of UV Blue freeze if I put it in my trunk for a week?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This may be kind of **** and doesn't really have to do with beer, but will a bottle of UV Blue freeze if I put it in my trunk for a week?
how cold is it? last i heard it was pretty warm.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you want Tripel, go with St Bernardus' Tripel.
That is great stuff. The St Bernardus abt 12 is my #1 favorite, stand by beer that I seem to just always end up with after I try the couple new good looking beers my local bar gets in; haven't had the Tripel in awhile gonna have to try it again.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
how cold is it? last i heard it was pretty warm.
Well, here in Minnesota it is supposed to be between 10 degrees and 30 degrees for the week.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What is the best beer that can be found in NJ?
Depends where you are. Most liquor stores in decent areas have a big selection. I don't know what you consider a good beer but trust me there's sure to be something that'll wet your whistle
Old 03-07-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
That is great stuff. The St Bernardus abt 12 is my #1 favorite, stand by beer that I seem to just always end up with after I try the couple new good looking beers my local bar gets in; haven't had the Tripel in awhile gonna have to try it again.
Well, the abt 12 is always great. There are some other St Bernardus beers that I haven't seen everywhere. There is one with a yellow label and then the Christmas brew. I have not had those two but I am always on the lookout. I am more a fan of session beers though. Drinking such strong beers can be too much at times.

What always bothers me is when breweries that have large selections don't sell brewery samplers. Shiner is doing one right now with some of their beers but not all of them. Sam Adams needs to do one with every beer they make, I would love to try that.

Last edited by Brent : 03-07-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never knew Miller High Life was so cheap. We bought a 30 pack last night at H-E-B for 13 bucks lol. It was bearable, so i think i found my spring break beer.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I never knew Miller High Life was so cheap. We bought a 30 pack last night at H-E-B for 13 bucks lol. It was bearable, so i think i found my spring break beer.
When I was in Austin for last year's SXSW, the cheapest beer at any bar was High Life. I think it's funny that in Austin there is a high price tag on Lone Star because it's ordered more haha.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Miller High Life is KING
Old 03-07-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The High Life is really cheap.......when I am drinking to get plastered tho (which is pretty much the only time I go High Life), I try to go light beer.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Oh by the way, Lone Star Light 6 pack of tall boys was 5 bucks today. WIN. I am about to crack open the last one. If it wasnt for Shiner and Lone Star I wouldnt have any thing to like about living here haha.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Oh by the way, Lone Star Light 6 pack of tall boys was 5 bucks today. WIN. I am about to crack open the last one. If it wasnt for Shiner and Lone Star I wouldnt have any thing to like about living here haha.
Never had LoneStar but LBJ drank it while golfing so it might be worth it. Is it better than NattyLight.

My store has 8 packs of Natural Ice/Light for $4.60. EPIC WIN
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When I was in Austin for last year's SXSW, the cheapest beer at any bar was High Life. I think it's funny that in Austin there is a high price tag on Lone Star because it's ordered more haha.
Yeah man. My Austin friends tell me that if you go to bars downtown, you'll have a hard time finding people that drink Buchannan's Scotch Whiskey. Over here, people drink that **** like kool-aid, and it drives the price up bad, and it ain't even that great.

Only a few crowds down here drink Lone Star. I picked it up after i made a habit of going to a Honky Tonk down here.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Never had LoneStar but LBJ drank it while golfing so it might be worth it. Is it better than NattyLight.

My store has 8 packs of Natural Ice/Light for $4.60. EPIC WIN
Lone Star is a beer made near San Antonio and has been around forever. It's not bad, it's cheap as **** and that is why I love it. It tastes all right but for the price it's so awesome. A week ago I bought a 30 pack for like $13 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah man. My Austin friends tell me that if you go to bars downtown, you'll have a hard time finding people that drink Buchannan's Scotch Whiskey. Over here, people drink that **** like kool-aid, and it drives the price up bad, and it ain't even that great.

Only a few crowds down here drink Lone Star. I picked it up after i made a habit of going to a Honky Tonk down here.
I hate drinking in Austin, it's so goddamn pricey. When I was there last SXSW, my friend and I would buy a 6 or 12 pack of natty light and then down like 3-6 beers before hitting up downtown because it was cheaper that way haha.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Lone Star is a beer made near San Antonio and has been around forever. It's not bad, it's cheap as **** and that is why I love it. It tastes all right but for the price it's so awesome. A week ago I bought a 30 pack for like $13 bucks.
My old roommate was from Texas and he told they had 50 packs and 64 oz bottles down in Texas. Not a big fan of Texas or anyone from it, but if this is true, Texas wins some brownie points with the twist man
Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
My old roommate was from Texas and he told they had 50 packs and 64 oz bottles down in Texas. Not a big fan of Texas or anyone from it, but if this is true, Texas wins some brownie points with the twist man
I am not a native of Texas but I have come to like it a lot. The good thing about Texas is cheap alcohol and lots of **** to do. I have never seen alcohol as cheap as I have here while at the same time being good to drink. Maybe that is a by-product of living in a college town but those dudes in Shiner, TX sure know how to make a damn good brew.

As for the 50 pack of 64oz bottles. I have never heard of that but I know if I go to the convenience store down the street, he'll sell me cases of 24oz cans.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I am not a native of Texas but I have come to like it a lot. The good thing about Texas is cheap alcohol and lots of **** to do. I have never seen alcohol as cheap as I have here while at the same time being good to drink. Maybe that is a by-product of living in a college town but those dudes in Shiner, TX sure know how to make a damn good brew.

As for the 50 pack of 64oz bottles. I have never heard of that but I know if I go to the convenience store down the street, he'll sell me cases of 24oz cans.
What kind of beer and for how much?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Anyone here ever drink Busch?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
What kind of beer and for how much?
I bought a 12 pack of 24oz cans of Coors Light for like 16 bucks. It's an independently owned place so he doesn't have set prices for everything.

Quote:
Anyone here ever drink Busch?
Busch is ******* terrible haha.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Busch is ******* terrible haha.
Trust me, when you can get a tall can (24 oz) for .99 it doesn't taste so terrible