Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Trust me, when you can get a tall can (24 oz) for .99 it doesn't taste so terrible
Tecate is the same price where I am and I'd rather get that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tecate is the same price where I am and I'd rather get that.
Tecate is the only Mexi beer I don't like. I can tolerate Modelo and I like Dos Equis and Corona but Tecate = illegal immigrant urine. But I don't like Busch either. Just thought I'd throw it in the conversation. But my store also has 24 oz High Life for .99. That's my #1 choice if price is important. High Life > Busch and Tecate.

But my old man drinks Busch religiously. Always has. He makes a lot of money too which is the crazy part. Different strokes for different folks but come on man
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Busch Light is my college beer of choice for parties.

12.99 for a 30
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Busch Light is my college beer of choice for parties.

12.99 for a 30
Do you get it in NYC? I'm in NYC all the time and I can't find Busch Light. Probably a Long Island thing
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you get it in NYC? I'm in NYC all the time and I can't find Busch Light. Probably a Long Island thing
I get it at the local distributor in Queens
Old 03-08-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have never had Arrogant Bastard Ale, get it.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If you have never had Arrogant Bastard Ale, get it.
Its good......pretty frickin expensive tho
Old 03-08-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
3-something bucks for a big bottle? That isnt that bad for quality beer.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
3-something bucks for a big bottle? That isnt that bad for quality beer.
well......i guess it varies based on where your buying it. A six pack by me was close to 20 bucks.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
well......i guess it varies based on where your buying it. A six pack by me was close to 20 bucks.
Gebus, that is bad. There is a liquor store here that is literally called the "wal-mart of liquor stores" so any thing you can think of is for sale on the cheap.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

How many states have you gotten drunk in?

I've been drunk in 5 (CA, Hawaii, PA, NJ, and MA) + Washington DC
Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many states have you gotten drunk in?

I've been drunk in 5 (CA, Hawaii, PA, NJ, and MA) + Washington DC
Who the hell cares?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everywhere I've seen it it has been 3.25 or so for a 24oz bottle, and you have to figure the alcohol content is nearly twice that of a typical light beer.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

This was almost to page three. Unacceptable!

Tonight's choice:

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone, and I'm looking at you Duckseason, ever have Rogue Dead Guy Ale? We just got it in at the place I work and I am intrigued. However, it's $12.99 for a 6-pack. That's a bit too pricey for me to "try" it.

P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Anyone, and I'm looking at you Duckseason, ever have Rogue Dead Guy Ale? We just got it in at the place I work and I am intrigued. However, it's $12.99 for a 6-pack. That's a bit too pricey for me to "try" it.
A lot of people really love that beer, but for me it's just kinda meh. It's a little too sweet with the malt profile without much depth to make it interesting. I guess I'm just really not a fan of the maibock style, but then I haven't tried a ton of them either. If you've never had it, I'd say it's worth a try. I'd say that about most beers though. Like I said, a lot of people really love dead guy. It's a nice beer, just not my preference.

If you live in Michigan like I think I remember, I'd spend that $13 on something from Jolly Pumpkin instead! Always fun to try something new though. It'd be nice if you could just grab one bottle or do a mix 6 but I'm guessing that's not allowed there. I always hate having to buy 6 of something that I'm not sure I'll like.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I always hate having to buy 6 of something that I'm not sure I'll like.
There is a beer & wine place right by my parents house that has just about every beer I've ever heard of, even the really premium microbrew stuff, and you can build a six pack of any thing you want in the store. It's possibly one of the best things I've ever seen.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
A lot of people really love that beer, but for me it's just kinda meh. It's a little too sweet with the malt profile without much depth to make it interesting. I guess I'm just really not a fan of the maibock style, but then I haven't tried a ton of them either. If you've never had it, I'd say it's worth a try. I'd say that about most beers though. Like I said, a lot of people really love dead guy. It's a nice beer, just not my preference.

If you live in Michigan like I think I remember, I'd spend that $13 on something from Jolly Pumpkin instead! Always fun to try something new though. It'd be nice if you could just grab one bottle or do a mix 6 but I'm guessing that's not allowed there. I always hate having to buy 6 of something that I'm not sure I'll like.
I think I might try to find a single bottle at one of the liquor stores around me before I buy the six pack. I haven't seen anything from Jolly Pumpkin anywhere right around me, but I will keep that in mind in case I happen to find some.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I think I might try to find a single bottle at one of the liquor stores around me before I buy the six pack. I haven't seen anything from Jolly Pumpkin anywhere right around me, but I will keep that in mind in case I happen to find some.
Probably what I'd do. Jolly Pumpkin makes some real nice beers. His entire line is made up of brews featuring wild yeast and barrel aging. Very unique and interesting stuff. Gotta love brewers that throw out the style guidelines and just make something special.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Pictures of recent barrel aged imbibements:

The Consecration is the best beer I've tried to date, while the BCS is the richest, most decadent. OA Yeti is a classic and the Black Gold is essentially a stronger version of the Top Sail BBA Porter, though not necessarily as good. In fact I prefer the porter.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I've been drinking exclusively for a couple months now..

So good.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Here's what I've been drinking exclusively for a couple months now..

blue moon picture

So good.
You are missing out on far better wheat beers.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
You are missing out on far better wheat beers.
$8.99 for 12 good beers is fine with me
Old 03-24-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i have issues with any beer routinely served with a wedge of fruit in it.
What does it matter if it tastes delicious? I never understood that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
What does it matter if it tastes delicious? I never understood that.
BECAUSE IT'S NOT MANLY!!!!