Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
if i had to choose between mlive and this, i'd have to choose this. therefore stafford wins and jason smith will bust.
It's not that we think Jason Smith will bust.. it's just that the Lions really, really, really need a Franchise QB. Culpepper, Stanton, and Henson aren't gonna win us any games.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

Stafford's true freshman numbers don't do him any favors. I wonder how Stafford's results would look if you didn't include those numbers in the formula. And not many the QB's listed by ESPN on that article started as a freshman, much less as a true freshman in the SEC. The formula doesn't take that into account.

And I though it was interesting that Schwartz mentioned that they only watched film of Stafford's last two years at Georgia. I don't care about Stafford's true freshman stats, and it seems that the Lions' brass don't care either.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geason Noceur View Post
Stafford's true freshman numbers don't do him any favors. I wonder how Stafford's results would look if you didn't include those numbers in the formula. And not many the QB's listed by ESPN on that article started as a freshman, much less as a true freshman in the SEC. The formula doesn't take that into account.

And I though it was interesting that Schwartz mentioned that they only watched film of Stafford's last two years at Georgia. I don't care about Stafford's true freshman stats, and it seems that the Lions' brass don't care either.
5.93 would be his rating only taking into account his soph. and junior yrs.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol, i hate that formula. if you can't use it to predict a winner then its not really a formula. its just numbers unless they multiply it by L for luck.
You can't use these types of formula's to predict a certainty (success or bust). You can only use them to assess levels of risk.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

It is true Karma if we don't draft Stafford. Without a franchise QB, the Bobby Layne curse will live for another 50 years. I see this franchise will turn around with Stafford, but if we draft Curry or Monroe/Smith i see this franchise not being able to win on a consistent basis. I don't believe players like Payton Manning, ben roethlisberger, and Matthew Stafford come around all too often where you have the opportunity to draft them. Most QB bust more then they are successfull. I see drafting Stafford is a no brainer. We better do it, or the problems at quarterback will linger for a long time.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A formula based strictly on statistics does not mean much to mean. It does not take into consideration strength of opponents or surrounding talent.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would probably have graham harrell #1

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
it would probably have graham harrell #1
Just a rough estimate looking at his numbers and the formula~He'd be in the 80s
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote