Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have about 10 stories on that level that I've heard about or went through with our HR people.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
nope i got a job. But they never asked it whether it was interview 1 or interview 4.
What is your job and were you a fresh grad?
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
What is your job and were you a fresh grad?
no i wasnt a fresh grad i had about 2-3 years experiece and i work in investment sales...im not a portfolio analyst strategist type...i know those guys are more strict through the process hiring. GPA's, references, trust funds, yacht club memberships etc
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
no i wasnt a fresh grad i had about 2-3 years experiece and i work in investment sales...im not a portfolio analyst strategist type...i know those guys are more strict through the process hiring. GPA's, references, trust funds, yacht club memberships etc
especially the yacht club memberships...

twats.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm still in college so i obviously dont know about applying for "real" jobs yet, but pretty much everyone ive talked to said that if their gpa was x amount better they feel they could have gotten a better job. could be ********, but that's what i base my opinions off of.

good gpa = better job opportunities immediately after college.

i look at it like this. let's say theres 2 people applying for the same job. one with a 3.7 one with a 2.7. the one with the 3.7 will probably have a slight advantage going into the interview stage. now whoever gets the job depends on the interviews but any advantage helps. i know right out of college i will have my college gpa on my resume.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice work thuley. You lucky bastard. I didn't finish HS, I don't even remember what my GPA was.. I, too, was a few credits away.. I'm hoping to one day bump into a CEO who offers me a job.

Last edited by WMD : 03-08-2009 at 01:56 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, technically we have to qualify what GPA is, because HS GPA is severely different than college GPA. If I didn't go to college, I don't even think I would put my HS GPA on a resume because of how little weight it would carry. I still have been told college GPA isn't the end all be all, but it is at least worth putting on a resume.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:05 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on your daddy knowing people Thule.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, Michael Dell dropped out of school and still made millions in computers. Maybe one day I'll buy a Thule brand laptop

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Nice work thuley. You lucky bastard. I didn't finish HS, I don't even remember what my GPA was.. I, too, was a few credits away.. I'm hoping to one day bump into a CEO who offers me a job.
peewee/squirt hockey games are a great place to bump into successful people and hot moms...it was a really good weekend

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Hey, Michael Dell dropped out of school and still made millions in computers. Maybe one day I'll buy a Thule brand laptop
Nop...not making laptops. However I was told yesterday that we were taking down Google..and if we weren't onboard then there is the door. The scary part was he was serious. He said what google is to search engines we are going to be to niches. Needless to say he has some crazy big ideas.

Designs by me
Quote:

Last edited by thule : 03-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but is this what happened:

A CEO of a technologically-based start-up hired somebody with no software development experience, knowledge, or training as a software developer?

Seems like a prudent business decision to me. I mean, it's not like unemployment is out of control and the labour market is flooded with highly-skilled employees willing to work for less.

This is not an attack at you thule, just seems completely insane that a CEO would make a human resources move like this.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats thule. Just remember us small people when you reach the top!

...and maybe one day you'll make it back to Hawaii. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Nop...not making laptops. However I was told yesterday that we were taking down Google..and if we weren't onboard then there is the door. The scary part was he was serious. He said what google is to search engines we are going to be to nitches. Needless to say he has some crazy big ideas.
Google operates in my building. And no I reject whatever recon operations you want me to do

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but is this what happened:

A CEO of a technologically-based start-up hired somebody with no software development experience, knowledge, or training as a software developer?

Seems like a prudent business decision to me. I mean, it's not like unemployment is out of control and the labour market is flooded with highly-skilled employees willing to work for less.

This is not an attack at you thule, just seems completely insane that a CEO would make a human resources move like this.
Here is my thoughts on his decision.

He knows my dad and has heard stories about how I was raised...ect

He had a business opportunity ahead that he might land which was going to require another php-oop programmer at his disposal.

Since the deal wasn't final and the immediate need for the position wasn't there he told himself to take a chance

I come from a well-rounded technical background with about 3 years of experience doing frontend server operations.

Also I am on a 3 month trial/probationary period...making less than probably any programmer out there. So if I workout great....if not it wasnt a huge loss because he didn't have an immediate need anyways. Plus this is a heavy incentives job ....37% profit sharing that doesn't get touched unless your employed Dec 31st....so he really is investing 3000 dollars into me because he values "hard working, driven, people who are passionate about technology.

For the record we landed "his deal" today...which means I'm going to be thrown to the dogs earlier than anticipated....which means it's time for me to show up.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Congrats thule. Just remember us small people when you reach the top!

...and maybe one day you'll make it back to Hawaii. :)
If this niche web portal stuff is true....I will definately be coming back to that area...and this time the tab will be on me :P

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Here is my thoughts on his decision.

He knows my dad and has heard stories about how I was raised...ect

He had a business opportunity ahead that he might land which was going to require another php-oop programmer at his disposal.

Since the deal wasn't final and the immediate need for the position wasn't there he told himself to take a chance

I come from a well-rounded technical background with about 3 years of experience doing frontend server operations.

Also I am on a 3 month trial/probationary period...making less than probably any programmer out there. So if I workout great....if not it wasnt a huge loss because he didn't have an immediate need anyways. Plus this is a heavy incentives job ....37% profit sharing that doesn't get touched unless your employed Dec 31st....so he really is investing 3000 dollars into me because he values "hard working, driven, people who are passionate about technology.

For the record we landed "his deal" today...which means I'm going to be thrown to the dogs earlier than anticipated....which means it's time for me to show up.
Very interesting. Well keep us updated, hope it works out for you!